Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we learned yesterday...

OK...to summarize: she's passive, avoids conflict, is extremely suicidal, anxious & depressed, has a coping disorder, isn't verbally aggressive, isn't manipulative, is a pleaser, doesn't play victim, feels normal levels of anger, and has lower then normal levels of hostility and expressions of physical aggression.

A replay of TA's slit throat should dispel some of this pixie dust fog.
I couldn't be around much yesterday. What happened to Hope?
thank you.

I am not a Dr. either, but I have had experience with severe, severe depression. When I was hospitalized, everyone in treatment had suicidal thoughts; somewere actively sought out others passive. The thought I just want to die so this will all go away.... My was more passive/actively....I had anorexia nervosa and thought if I just died starving myself I really was not suicidal. This is my thought about CMJA and her tests....I don't trust this Dr. as I truly believe he is a "hired gun". First, CMJA is lying on her tests if the tests shows no anger....depression is ANGER turned inward, any Dr. with a credited degree from a credited university would know this. Second, how can you even validate her or this testing since she has been in jail for six years... you can't. Third, You can't say answer these questions as you would six years ago... you need to compare the apples with the apples not the oranges CMJA does not display any s/s of PTSD and as we all know from the great service our soldiers have done and are doing, we all know about PTSD. Finally, anyone who traces or draws, carries on conversations with her BFF Marie. bathes, washes hair, wants to put on make up etc. when you are severely depressed, you do not have the energy to do the basic things in live except breath. Breathing was the one thing I had to concrete on when I was depressed. I had to listen to the air exchange to know that I was still alive. I DO NOT see this in CMJA>

I couldn't be around much yesterday. What happened to Hope?
thank you.

Oh no, nothing happened to her! I just copied and pasted what she said. I couldn't quote her comment because the thread is closed.

Numbers for first trial:

-17 weeks long.
- State case-in-chief: 9 days
- Defense case-in-chief: 39 days
- State rebuttal- 6 days
- Surrebuttal- 1 day
Jury instructions , closings, 1 day

An average of approx. 3 1/2 court days/testimony per week

Not a lawyer, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

The language in Nurmi's motion(s) seems to indicate that he intends for it to be an indefinite work in progress.

So far, the judge seems to be taking a so let it be written so let it be done approach with this DT.

BBM ~ :lol:

I also would like to thank you for the "small" cup of coffee :wink:

Good Morning fellow WS Peeps.

Looking forward to another whole day of court (seems they come so far and few between).
I'm waiting on CoA summary of their decision, rulings on multiple motions before JSS, and Christmas.

(guess which will come first?)

ETA: Juan had last night to read 100 pages and this morning he has 1 hour to interview Dr. Geffner - "may the force be with you" Juan.

What's it like in the gallery of the courtroom? Are there many people still interested in this trial?

Jodi's looking very haggard. Gotta be stressful for her seeing the Family this time of year, but only from afar. Not a popular opinion, but I feel sorry for her Family. Have absolutely no sympathy for Jodi, though.

From TartLemon in the previous thread:

It's just as believable that she's not a liar as it is that she's not assertive or aggressive.

Or that she suffers tremendously from low self esteem

Reviewing motions. Oct 15, 2014, motion to preclude 6 State witnesses: Jill Hayes, DeMarte, Marsha Parker, Zachary Billings, Taylor Searle, and Alan Krieter.

Krieter is apparently in a special league of undesirability to the DT. To deal with him Nurmi requested a separate sealed hearing to discuss his testimony on a topic which has "been repeatedly precluded."

Does anyone here have a sense for what the defense is trying to accomplish in mitigation and with this particular witness? I cannot make sense of it so far and can only wonder what the jury must be thinking.

If I understand the tweets correctly, Geffner said Arias did not have a personality disorder, but later there was another tweet which was more ambiguous when it comes to PDs.

He's been rattling off a lot of test results, but has yet to apply these results to her behavior.

This all seems like one hot mess to me. I keep thinking that this is due to Arias and Nurmi having very different ideas in terms of strategy for mitigation- Arias still wants to go with being the victim and trashing the reputation of her victim, while Nurmi wants to show her as mentally ill, which of course she absolutely does not want.

I'm waiting to see how this pulls together, because it is making no sense to me and most likely the jury is even more confused.

OK...I will bite. Who is Alan Krieter and what does he have to say?

Does anyone here have a sense for what the defense is trying to accomplish in mitigation and with this particular witness? I cannot make sense of it so far and can only wonder what the jury must be thinking.

If I understand the tweets correctly, Geffner said Arias did not have a personality disorder, but later there was another tweet which was more ambiguous when it comes to PDs.

He's been rattling off a lot of test results, but has yet to apply these results to her behavior.

This all seems like one hot mess to me. I keep thinking that this is due to Arias and Nurmi having very different ideas in terms of strategy for mitigation- Arias still wants to go with being the victim and trashing the reputation of her victim, while Nurmi wants to show her as mentally ill, which of course she absolutely does not want.

I'm waiting to see how this pulls together, because it is making no sense to me and most likely the jury is even more confused.

I'm getting the same sense of disjointed strategy....either that or of a single strategy that makes little logical or intuitive sense, at least so far.

We're almost 2 calendar months into trial and yesterday was her first real mitigation witness. Crazy.

I was going to ask the same thing smeck. That's a name I am not familiar with at all. I even googled him with JA and nothing came up. Who is this mystery man?

iirc, he's a handwriting expert, and the precluded testimony relates to the pedo forgeries. But, its all sealed.

What's it like in the gallery of the courtroom? Are there many people still interested in this trial?

Jodi's looking very haggard. Gotta be stressful for her seeing the Family this time of year, but only from afar. Not a popular opinion, but I feel sorry for her Family. Have absolutely no sympathy for Jodi, though.

No need to feel sorry for them. They're riding high on the hog, or at least, Auntie Sue is enjoying rides in her $50k LandRover she recently was mysteriously able to purchase, bankruptcy aside. And her dad looks healthier by the month. Maybe because he can sleep better at night, knowing his daughter is safely locked up.

Hi Curious!!! :)

Oh Hi Hope!! So glad you are okay and here. Yesterday all I could do was to check in and read some posts. You are always a breath of fresh air, sound reasoning. Thanks so much.
i have to be out again this morning but will be back before Dr. Geff has finished lying under oath...or stretching the limits of sane reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79