Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviewing motions. Oct 15, 2014, motion to preclude 6 State witnesses: Jill Hayes, DeMarte, Marsha Parker, Zachary Billings, Taylor Searle, and Alan Krieter.

Krieter is apparently in a special league of undesirability to the DT. To deal with him Nurmi requested a separate sealed hearing to discuss his testimony on a topic which has "been repeatedly precluded."

So who is Krieter? And I don't remember Marsha Parker, Zachary Illings or Jill Hayes. I have slept since then. Deep fog right now. :).

I'm getting the same sense of disjointed strategy....either that or of a single strategy that makes little logical or intuitive sense, at least so far.

We're almost 2 calendar months into trial and yesterday was her first real mitigation witness. Crazy.

:seeya:

The only strategy I can identify is a war of attrition between Arias and the jury. Confuse, vilify, and delay.

ETA: It's working on me.

A challenge for an intrepid soul....look up nurm's Oct 15, 2014 motion to dismiss DP yadayada.

There is a long section there on earlier HD wars, dating back to 2012. The question -- is the HD being discussed there the same as what's in dispute now?

Because that HD couldnt be completely imaged. Only 3 out of 4 "parts" of it were, and not until 2012. Eh???

So who is Krieter? And I don't remember Marsha Parker, Zachary Illings or Jill Hayes. I have slept since then. Deep fog right now. :).

Parker is wife of Riverside CA Mormon bishop , Zachary is a friend, Jill Hayes is psych expert.

No need to feel sorry for them. They're riding high on the hog, or at least, Auntie Sue is enjoying the $50k LandRover she recently was mysteriously able to purchase, bankruptcy aside. And her dad looks healthier by the month. Maybe because he can sleep better at night, knowing his daughter is safely locked up.

Awww another "mitigator", she is able to provide for her family (even while being locked up). :laughing: I just wonder when the big blowup will come between all of them? I also heard Mommy Dearest got new wheels. They are probably thinking... they can't give her the DP, what will become of us? Yes, it appears Bill is looking healthier.

Awww another "mitigator", she is able to provide for her family (even while being locked up). :laughing: I just wonder when the big blowup will come between all of them? I also heard Mommy Dearest got new wheels. They are probably thinking... they can't give her the DP, what will become of us? Yes, it appears Bill is looking healthier.

Are you kidding me? They're living it up while the Alexanders suffer. How is that fair? I want Arias sued now. And none of them get any sympathy from me.

A challenge for an intrepid soul....look up nurm's Oct 15, 2014 motion to dismiss DP yadayada.

There is a long section there on earlier HD wars, dating back to 2012. The question -- is the HD being discussed there the same as what's in dispute now?

Because that HD couldnt be completely imaged. Only 3 out of 4 "parts" of it were, and not until 2012. Eh???

I've always held that earlier HD wars had to do with CMJA's physically damaged computer.

Defense experts, from least to most aggravating:

Geffner
Samuels
ALV
Fonseca

A close tie between ALV and Fonseca but Fonseca has the nastiest attitude of the lot.

Are you kidding me? They're living it up while the Alexanders suffer. How is that fair? I want Arias sued now. And none of them get any sympathy from me.

I agree with everything you said. Disgusting, despicable, and mind-numbing that the Alexanders are dragged to hell and back, over and over again, while these vultures benefit from JA murdering, torturing and slandering their brother.

This was really bad timing for the Milke decision to be handed down while CMJA's re-trial of the Penalty Phase is still ongoing.

Just saw the below article on AZ Central, not sure if it was posted, but no doubt, Nurmi is going to use Milke every chance he gets.

Jodi Arias attorneys: Look to Debra Milke case

Jodi Arias has found a timely bedfellow in her mission to avoid the death penalty, citing recent developments in the case of Debra Milke — a woman convicted of killing her young son whose charges were recently dismissed due to "egregious prosecutorial misconduct.

From AZ Central:
Link: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...rias-penalty-trial-debra-milke-case/20461869/

I've always held that earlier HD wars had to do with CMJA's physically damaged computer.

That makes sense.

Reviewing the blow by blow on the 2012 round, I get the distinct feeling the DT is playing a tit for tat game and is enjoying messing with JM about not turning over BN's HD .

This was really bad timing for the Milke decision to be handed down while CMJA's re-trial of the Penalty Phase is still ongoing.

Just saw the below article on AZ Central, not sure if it was posted, but no doubt, Nurmi is going to use Milke every chance he gets.

Nurmi understands JSS' weaknesses. IMO he's clubbing her with the Milke debacle at every opportunity hoping to keep her hesitant and slow.

There's no valid comparison between Milke and CMJA's circumstances and trial.

Good Morning ALL. I guess Dr. <modsnip> is back on the stand today. So glad that the killer does not have anger issues and that she is a pleaser. Can you imagine what would happen if she did have anger issues and did not want to please others? Give me a break Dr. <modsnip>. He lost all creditability with me when he said those things.
Excuse me Dr., she is a convicted murderer. I personally do not care if the killer is depressed - so what.

Well at work again and I will check in throughout the day. Today I need concentrate a little bit more on work than I did yesterday.

Thinking about Dr. G. is making me grumpy.

I could swear Dr. F said the convicted murderer lies and she was intrusive. I have to go back and check the tweets when Dr. F was on the stand but I remember Mr. Martinez got that out of her.

It is the opposite of what Dr. G is stating.

Numbers for first trial:

-17 weeks long.

- State case-in-chief: 9 days

- Defense case-in-chief: 39 days

- State rebuttal- 6 days
- Surrebuttal- 1 day
Jury instructions , closings, 1 day

An average of approx. 3 1/2 court days/testimony per week

RBBM:

The DT rambled on and on and on for 30 more days than the State in its CIC -- and -- CMJA was still found GUILTY of 1st Pre-Med Murder !

Hopefully, the more the DT rambles on and on and on with this frivolous carp during this re-trial, the more po'd the jury gets !

:seeya: Thanks, Hope, for putting these #s together !

Milke and Arias are both DP cases in Arizona courtrooms. That is where the similarity ends.

(And that article may be biased...I am only guessing because I don't read anything posted in AZCentral anymore.)

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 55s 56 seconds ago

Another gorge day in Phoenix. #jodiarias

Milke and Arias are both DP cases in Arizona courtrooms. That is where the similarity ends.

(And that article may be biased...I am only guessing because I don't read anything posted in AZCentral anymore.)

:seeya:

BBM: Yep !

:waitasec: Just had a thought:

Maybe IF this re-trial of Pen Phase would have moved along like a normal trial, maybe it would have been finished BEFORE this Milke decision was handed down !

Hi all. Does anyone know or has there been an indication of how long the COA will take to release the rationale on their ruling? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo