Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she gets a free appeal either way. She just gets more of them if it is DP sentence. But even so, anything that affects her fundage, I am good with.

From what I understand, she does not get a free appeal if she gets LWOP. She has to hire and pay for an attorney to work on her appeal. And that's just the attempt to get it heard. There is no guarantee either way that she will actually gain another trial on appeal. Although since she thinks she's so good at it, perhaps she'll go the discount route and represent herself.

Either way, you can bet that neither Nurmi or Willmott will be available for hire at that time. ;)

MOO

w-Giant-Coffee-Cup75917.jpg
link

Now that's my kind of cup of coffee. Thank you!!! :loveyou:

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi wins the ugliest tie award for this trial...everyday it's hideous #jodiarias

Good Morning, hate "listening" to this guy testify. Though ALV, Fonseca, BN, and this guy have all testified for the defense , I wonder what their opinions are as to what would be a fair sentence for Jodi. Freedom, death, lwop??

I call them the "Three Stooges".

From what I understand, she does not get a free appeal if she gets LWOP. She has to hire and pay for an attorney to work on her appeal. And that's just the attempt to get it heard. There is no guarantee either way that she will actually gain another trial on appeal. Although since she thinks she's so good at it, perhaps she'll go the discount route and represent herself.

Either way, you can bet that neither Nurmi or Willmott will be available for hire at that time. ;)

MOO

I thought she did being she has been declared indigent.

Not too sure KN and/or JW would do her appeal. They might, given how much they luv the killer...but they are not appellate attorneys. Plus killer has wanted Nurmi gone; would she really hire him if she had to pay?

But thanks for the info...that is very interesting indeed!

Good Morning All :seeya:
Just finished prepping my famous Chicken Enchiladas
for dinner tonight.
I'm all ready...when do we start?

When do we start, as in when do you want us all there for dinner??? yummy yummy homemade chicken enchiladas!

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 15s 15 seconds ago

Counsel at the bench in a sizzlebar.

Juan is 1/3 inch taller than Jenniefer today.

Nurmi and Jen are in black suits. Juan tapioca #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 6m6 minutes ago
Note to self: a female attorney wearing a black fishnet top might not be the best attorney for your case. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago Avondale, AZ
Nurmi wins the ugliest tie award for this trial...everyday it's hideous #jodiarias

I had a bit of trouble yesterday as well. It really stinks when that happens!

I was copying tweets here and bam...no internet or TV since they are connected. How did people survive without those things ha

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now

Other attorneys still in the courtroom.

Juan is reading some papers and signals for Flores to join him outside. #JodiArias

----- I wonder how Juan's 1 hour interview with Geffner went ?

I don't mind Dr. Geffner. I think he's the most honest of the DT witnesses. And to be honest, I want less chance of Jodi walking free on any technicalities. I'm for Travis all the way, but I'm still going to make up my own mind on a person. Dr. Geffner isn't a bad doctor nor is he a snake imo.

Baby T-Doggie ‏@starknightz 16m16 minutes ago
Transcript: Illegal 3-way call w/Arias & Schilling while #jodiarias is Pro Per..

Read: http://tl.gd/n_1sj81ai

Thank God! There needs to be an accounting for this travesty! MOO

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now

Other attorneys still in the courtroom.

Juan is reading some papers and signals for Flores to join him outside. #JodiArias

----- I wonder how Juan's 1 hour interview with Geffner went ?

The 13th Juror MD ‏@The13thJurorMD 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ
FYI. Just heard from Judicial Asst. Trial starting @10:30 MST #JodiArias @Simma_dunn_naw @DrCherylllP @teezmepeas @JoeyJacksonEsq

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 39s 39 seconds ago

If you recall, Juan wanted time to review notes and interview other people from Mesa PD.

Not sure when trial will resume today. #JodiArias

I thought she did being she has been declared indigent.

So thanks for the info...that is very interesting indeed!

I believe she can apply for legal aid to assist her but there is also no guarantee that they will oblige if they do not see the need for an appeal. And of course she'd be using an attorney willing to be paid on the legal aid scale.

At least that's the way it is here in Canada. Perhaps it's different in the US?

Echoes ‏@iplayrock2012 12m12 minutes ago
Arias is a liar from birth. She's gonna lie all the way to her grave! #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CKS