Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 28s29 seconds ago
Dr. Geffner says in regards to #jodiarias and TA's relationship he sees
emotional abuse, verbal abuse= First off, no one knows what set off that "mean" e-mail. Secondly, one mean e-mail does not equal abuse.
Emotional isolation = Really? They were **** buddies. He wasn't responsible for her happiness.
and sexual abuse = The sex was always consensual.

In all that we've seen and heard so far Travis is calling her out for what she had done. Calling a *advertiser censored* a *advertiser censored* and a *advertiser censored* a *advertiser censored* when you're one is telling it like it is is not abuse.

JM needs to make it clear to this jury that this defendant lies, is manipulative and is a master at portraying herself as an innocent victim (little girl voice and all).

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago
Geffner says "anal sex is interesting" lmao! But after talking to Arias this wasn't comfortable over time and in hindsight she didn't want 2

--

BS! And who cares that she in "hindsight didn't want to have anal se", she was a willing participant back then and did not say no. Which means no abuse.
He couldn't read her mind, Travis would have definitely stayed far away from her if he could.

Iirc, JA even brought the KY....

Yes but we all had at least one healthy caring adult in our lives (ie: Aunt, teacher, custodian, neighbor, friend, etc.)
Jodi is saying she didn't - has no support and is completely isolated.

I grew up in abusive foster homes and did not have any of the above mentioned for support. I too was completely isolated. Won't say it has no affect but I have not killed anyone, or planned to kill anyone, or otherwise "got even" with anyone. Had BF's treat me not as well as I would have liked but they are all still alive and well as far as I know. I got hit with a lot worse than a spoon...yet I never even as much as spanked my own daughter. Jurors are people, some much like me. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Curated Tweets from the morning's testimony and events behind the spoiler cut:
08:07AM
@WildAboutTrialIn the courtal room at the #JodiArias trial. Judge Stephens is hearing other cases as per usual. Should begin at 9:30am Twitter
08:13AM@TrialDiariesJYeah we have a pool camera here this morning! #jodiarias Twitter
08:15AM@WildAboutTrialThe Geffernator and Jennifer are here. #jodiarias Twitter
08:16AM@TrialDiariesJ@SphynxCatsRule we have a news camera recording and court cameras Twitter
08:18AM@TrialDiariesJ@freelancewoman @SphynxCatsRule he hasn't been showing up until afternoon and we've been getting pics late in day Twitter
08:34AM@TrialDiariesJAll attorney's are here and we have a sidebar....#jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
08:39AM@WildAboutTrialOther attorneys still in the courtroom. Juan is reading some papers and signals for Flores to join him outside. #JodiArias Twitter
08:40AM@WildAboutTrialIf you recall, Juan wanted time to review notes and interview other people from Mesa PD. Not sure when trial will resume today. #JodiArias Twitter
08:42AM@WildAboutTrialI see two jurors from the original #JodiArias trial sitting in the row in front of me. Jodi's mom is seated and on her own. Twitter
08:43AM@TrialDiariesJJuan has a piece of paper and all the attorney's went to back to maybe discuss it. We heard something about an order so not sure #jodiarias Twitter
08:44AM@WildAboutTrialLooks like we won't get going until 10:30. Flip on some Wendy Williams and make a cup of tea. Ugh I can't stand Wendy Williams. #JodiArias Twitter
08:45AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias trial starting late at 10:30aAZT today Twitter
08:45AM@TrialDiariesJTrial has been moved to 10:30am so something is up #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
09:04AM@WildAboutTrialJennifer and Nurmi are in the courtroom. #JodiArias Twitter
09:07AM@maryellenabc15Just in: COA ruling on #JodiArias testimony "if Arias began to testify in a closed proceeding, those transcripts shall be unsealed." #abc15 Twitter
09:34AM@monicalindstromBut JSS said it would have been appropriate for the defense to give JM a hard copy even though JM should have received it electronically Twitter
09:35AM@freelancewoman@william_pitts Funny, #JodiArias stated she "doesn't get any negative mail, just positivity" #ConvictedLiar Twitter
09:35AM@WildAboutTrialJuan and Nurmi play the blame game. Juan wants a document Nurmi didn't supply. Nurm wants an image of the EO1 file the state made #JodiArias Twitter
09:37AM@william_pittsWe fully expect this to be appealed to the Arizona Supreme Court. We'll let you know when it does. #jodiarias Twitter
09:38AM@WildAboutTrialJuan wants the defense to have a copy of the eo1 file. The HD doesn't function. Nurmi is hwhining "gross incompetence" #JodiArias Twitter
09:39AM@william_pittsSomething ironic about being afraid of death threats when out old reporters after the verdict that you wanted to die. #jodiarias Twitter
09:42AM@CarolynSungCNN#jodiarias jury being brought it. Counsel at sidebar. Twitter
09:45AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias Dr. Geffner back on direct Twitter
09:47AM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias flips through her paperwork and begins to craft with the golf pencil. Twitter
09:47AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias more personality tests on Jodi. I think the kind you do on Facebook might be just as well. I think her color is "blood red" . Twitter
09:48AM@WildAboutTrialCurious as to why court photographers have to use a noisy clicking style camera still? Very distracting #JodiArias Twitter
09:48AM@TrialDiariesJThemes's- difficulty with family, depression and dispare. Jodi's stories end with no resolution. #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
09:49AM@TrialDiariesJGeffner said those were important things they noticed. #jodiarias has guilt, not happy #3tvarias Twitter
09:50AM@william_pittsWe expect to file an emergency order to unseal the transcripts immediately. #JodiaArias @12News Twitter
09:53AM@chriswnewsMy colleague @william_pitts is in the #JodiArias trial today. If you're interested in the case, he's a MUST FOLLOW. #TravisAlexander Twitter
09:54AM@TrialDiariesJGeffner is going over questions regarding the PTSD #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
09:57AM@courtchatter@jeffgoldesq explains the Court of Appeals opinion on the latest Gold Patrol Update! http://t.co/rGlMEsuvmN #Jodiarias Twitter
10:01AM@SKrafftFox10Dr. Geffner talking about a "trauma inventory" test on #jodiarias Twitter
10:05AM@WildAboutTrialMore sizzlebarring as the DAPS profile form for #JodiArias sits up on the monitors in the courtroom. Twitter
10:08AM@TrialDiariesJJodi took a test and had to answer before incarceration. It had to do with trauma #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:08AM@TrialDiariesJOut of all the trauma in her life she picked Travis being the most traumatic #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:11AM@WildAboutTrial"That's pretty good zooming" exclaims Geff as Jennifer zooms into the scale. First drawing on a cpu, now zooming. #TechmologyNo1 #JodiArias Twitter
10:12AM@TrialDiariesJJodi has a lot of anxiety, top of scale when she goes back to 2008 and it's PTSD according to Geffner #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:16AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias DrG Jodi has PTSD and anxiety. He still hasn't got to why. (Because she slaughtered Travis and will never get out of jail.) Twitter
10:19AM@NancyGraceHLN#JodiArias listed a lot of traumas from abuse by her parents. When asked which had the most profound effect, she listed abuse by Traivs Twitter
10:19AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias DrG says she has chronic PTSD from Travis not crime. Twitter
10:21AM@CarolynSungCNNFew jurors are taking notes as Dr. Geffner goes through #jodiarias test results. Twitter
10:21AM@TrialDiariesJJodi still doesn't have clear memories of what happened during the murder in 2008 #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:24AM@WildAboutTrialJen wants to switch gears now and talk about domestic violence and domestic abuse. #JodiArias Twitter
10:26AM@WildAboutTrialAs Geff continues to describe dom. violence Jennifer grabs a stack of photos. #JodiArias Twitter
10:31AM@SKrafftFox10Attorney for media to file motion asking AZ Appeals Court to order unsealing of #jodiarias testimony transcripts in this resentencing trial Twitter
10:33AM@SKrafftFox10Dr. Geffner: most people survive abusive parents but not all: "jodiarias is that person who doesn't survive it, so cd. turn violent. Twitter
10:33AM@TrialDiariesJGeffner is talking about how the odds of being abused and turning out OK without support are low. #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:34AM@TrialDiariesJIf u have bad parents or no parents and someone takes you under their wings it can help people change. If you have hope it helps #jodiarias Twitter
10:37AM@dawlschic007@SKrafftFox10 I had suggested this was the reason why JSS agreed to closing court. JA now knows she can manipulate the judge. Twitter
10:37AM@WildAboutTrials@SKrafftFox10 She is going to make sure this killer never leaves prison. I can see more where JSS is coming from now. Twitter
10:38AM@smithrl42@SKrafftFox10 It was actually a good move on JSS part, give it to the COA to decide so she is absolved. Twitter
10:44AM@TrialDiariesJWe have a PowerPoint up now and it's giving distinctions between abuse and aggression. #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:47AM@WildAboutTrialJennifer puts up the "power and control" slide that was created a long time ago by someone else. #JodiArias Twitter
10:48AM@TrialDiariesJNow we are looking at a wheel that says Power and Control...It's an explanation of how one controls another..physical and other #jodiarias Twitter
10:49AM@mikewatkiss3tvDr. Geffner talking about "power & control" in terms domestic violence #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter
10:50AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias facsimile of abuse wheel up on screen
B4_4xdoCIAAoUm7.jpg
Twitter
10:53AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias can be from physical down to just putting other down continually. A continuum of abuse Twitter
10:54AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias controlling money. Making person think they are crazy one. You are to blame, isolating them, wearing themvdown until give in Twitter
10:57AM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias just glared back briefly at her mom. Wasn't a nice glare either. Kinda murderousy. Twitter
10:58AM@jeffgoldesq#JodiArias theats to commit suicide, makeup sex, using kids, asserting male role, using fear of confrontation, all elements of abuse Twitter
10:59AM@WildAboutTrialJudge calls for noon recess. Back at 1:25. Peace ouuuuuuuuut! #JodiArias Twitter
10:59AM@CarolynSungCNNNoon recess, back at 1:25pm MT. #jodiarias Twitter

The story has evolved from CMJA having a wonderful, supportive family to she was spanked with a wooden spoon by her mother, had a single episode with her father that prompted the "FU Bill" response all the way to she was so abused by her family that she could not help but murder a person that rejected her.

Looks like the highly-credentialed, Dr. Geffner has been manipulated by the killer that is by his account not manipulative.

And despite what he says, at least one judge thinks he's easily "manipulated" too. ;)

MOO

Geffner says "anal sex is interesting" lmao! But after talking to Arias this wasn't comfortable over time and in hindsight she didn't want 2

--

BS! And who cares that she in "hindsight didn't want to have anal se", she was a willing participant back then and did not say no. Which means no abuse.
He couldn't read her mind, Travis would have definitely stayed far away from her if he could.

.....in hindsight? :floorlaugh:

Dang!! You beat me to it. :laughcry:

Iirc, JA even brought the KY....

Yes but after further reflection (and seeing her bungholio on the jumbotron) she decided it didn't reflect her in a positive light - therefore she is now having second thoughts.

(isn't that the definition of hindsight?)

Dr.G refused to let Juan see his notes this morning (he and JW claim they're work product) but JW says she wants the jury to see them. JM had a whole hour :thinking:to interview this witness this morning, after a full day on the stand yesterday, and now is refused the right to see what they want to present in front of the jury? JM certainly has to be on his toes during this, since he's left in the dark about what is going to be presented. Same with the computer stuff - they get to accuse and hold onto evidence, but JM has to defend himself without knowing what the evidence was. Some fair trial, huh?

Someone who refuses to cooperate with her attorneys and takes over her case herself, not once but twice just so she can "control" what is happening does not sound like a submission personality to me.

Yes, and the motion she filed that her own attorney (Nurmi) wouldn't come and see her, and then she states that she refused to meet with him... Hmmm

Snipped from Troy Hayden's post conviction interview with CMJA:

Troy: “You have mitigation hearing coming up at penalty phase. You know what your mitigating factors are going to be and how you are going to play that?”

Jodi: “Well I’ve been told I don’t have any mitigating factors

Troy: “By who?”

Jodi: “My attorney

Troy: “So Kirk Nurmi said there are no mitigating factors for you in terms of arguing against the death penalty?”

Jodi: “Um nothing that is what you typically see in a case like this, such as a childhood where there was drugs, alcoholism, molestation, none of those things occurred in my family so I guess we would sort of joke that my mom didn’t beat me hard enough, so I don’t have mitigation.”

Troy: “So what are you going to do?”

Jodi: “They feel that I would be a suitable candidate to behave myself in a correctional facility and just not be a problem. That may be their angle, I don’t know.”

Wish we knew the back story on that!!

Auntie's new car news? What? Mom won't fall on sword?

Perhaps Mom's about to get an eyeful of what her daughter dearest has been saying about her behind her back in super secret. Or maybe someone has already prepared her. :giggle:

MOO

I grew up in abusive foster homes and did not have any of the above mentioned for support. I too was completely isolated. Won't say it has no affect but I have not killed anyone, or planned to kill anyone, or otherwise "got even" with anyone. Had BF's treat me not as well as I would have liked but they are all still alive and well as far as I know. I got hit with a lot worse than a spoon...yet I never even as much as spanked my own daughter. Jurors are people, some much like me. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Yes, I'm sure there are many with similar circumstances as yours and mine(foster homes, etc) that have never seriously entertained thoughts of murder, let alone committed it. *sends hugs*

Yes but we all had at least one healthy caring adult in our lives (ie: Aunt, teacher, custodian, neighbor, friend, etc.)
Jodi is saying she didn't - has no support and is completely isolated.

Only on the day after she herself chose to leave her home and run off with her boyfriend to begin to play house. Jodis own decision to leave home

OH no, not another brain scramble

and on the power point wheel I see many that Jodi pulled on Travis

One thing I did wish would happen in the prior trial was I wished Juan had gone in depth with Dr. DeMarte on what she considers the traits of a female abuser/stalker turned murderer.

I am hoping he will cover it this time when she gets up.

--

OMG....this is the funniest thing I've heard today. "In hindsight" referring to Jodi's anal. Bet Geff and the Nurms rehearsed this one....

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 6m6 minutes ago
#JodiArias reason for wanting to keep her testimony secret: media would "affect her ability to think."

So it is the media that gives her brain fog and PTSD?

Someone who refuses to cooperate with her attorneys and takes over her case herself, not once but twice just so she can "control" what is happening does not sound like a submission personality to me.

Hence the motion to keep the jurors from ever hearing that.

AzLawyer, do you think JM would want to bring her interviews in? If so, would he be able to? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState