Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning WS Friends.

I imagine that JSS has the motion from the Media demanding to release the testimony of Jodi in her super secret star chamber testimony. I can't imagine that she can delay it (since the CoA mentioned she can't wait until the verdict has come in). Hopefully she will release it immediately. There is nothing to protect - the jurors have already heard testimony, there is NO threat to Jodi and the secrecy needs to stop.

I am also hoping that the secret sealed motions will end too. I have noticed that the past couple of days there have been very few sidebars (secrecy) and no in chamber meetings. I think the CoA decision has made an impact on JSS and I expect she will start to find her voice to rule from the bench and move this trial along.

Isn't court supposed to start in 4 mins? Is it going to be late today or is no one tweeting from the courtroom yet?

Thank you for the kind words. Not to worry about JM and jury-reading- I think that's one of his many great strengths. :)

JM also conveys integrity and a drive for justice; to me he just shines. He is such a stark contrast to the DT, and the jury get that.

Not tying to be mean or a know it all, because I am definitely not either one. But I know for sure that isn't JA's brother Carl. IIRC ~ It was someone who worked for the courts. I remember when all that came out about KN wanting sanctions against media for showing the pic of jodi and her BFF advocate/Cha Cha/Cougarlicious. His name was mentioned because JM said with ? sitting where he was, he was blocking JA most of the time.

Thank you, Dmacky - I must have missed this gentleman already being identified! My sleuthing skills need a lot of work. :D

Should we be starting about now??? Just checked some tweets.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 1m1 minute ago
TA sisters are here, all in salmon. Juan is preparing, dark charcoal suit and light blueberry shirt. No #JodiArias or her mom yet.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 8m8 minutes ago
Nurmi is here, light gray suit, light blueberry shirt. Looks to be chipper and of good cheer. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 20m20 minutes ago
It's a gorge, chilly, misty, overcast day. In the courtroom at the #JodiArias trial now. Other cases going on. How are you?

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 14m14 minutes ago
I was in the elevator on my own when the defense team all came in, including The Geff. Super duper awkies for the ride down. #JodiArias

Lol I had to take a break yesterday from this especially after reading Nurmi's next motion. It's too much. It just never ends.

I probably won't be around much today either.

Aw, sorry kiddo! Take care of you. :seeya:

OT: Anyone seen Katiecoolady recently?

Good Morning WS Friends.

I imagine that JSS has the motion from the Media demanding to release the testimony of Jodi in her super secret star chamber testimony. I can't imagine that she can delay it (since the CoA mentioned she can't wait until the verdict has come in). Hopefully she will release it immediately. There is nothing to protect - the jurors have already heard testimony, there is NO threat to Jodi and the secrecy needs to stop.

I am also hoping that the secret sealed motions will end too. I have noticed that the past couple of days there have been very few sidebars (secrecy) and no in chamber meetings. I think the CoA decision has made an impact on JSS and I expect she will start to find her voice to rule from the bench and move this trial along.

From your mouth to her gavel. ;)

The COA led the way by revealing details they didn't have to about CMJA's hissy fits thrown in chambers. To me it was an unsubtle way of signalling JSS-- see how easy it is to act in the open??

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 12m12 minutes ago
#JodiArias trial today at 9:30amAZT. Dr. Geffner is still on direct

Details

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 13s13 seconds ago
Jennifer is up front going through a voluminous amount of evidence. A plethora o' evidence and such. #JodiArias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 12m12 minutes ago
#JodiArias trial today at 9:30amAZT. Dr. Geffner is still on direct

Details

Groan! I walked away and left him blahing on the stand yesterday afternoon too, MeeBee.

Please let this be right. There's no way he needs 2 more days on direct.
He didn't need the first 2 days of direct. The defense team just doesn't get it and I for one think this jury will hang in there now- no matter what. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you want to see this thing through if only because what you had invested already? I would and I think they do too.

Nurmi came over to the dark side with Jodi- if you can't beat them and you can't quit from them and they can't even fire you- what's a guy to do?

Get along with your psychotic client. Do as she wishes and be done with it, with the least amount of stress possible.

I actually give Nurmi credit for that.

I never liked him being a child victim of molestation he is my nemesis, but I have begun to understand what he is doing. I think Wilmott has always had compassion for the defendant and I suppose it is what we would want from a public defender. I won't blame her, for that.

This is all the murderers doing what we are seeing here, for awhile now. A real window into her twisted and deluded thought process. SHE IS DANGEROUS. I think the mitigating witness' are afraid of HER, if they don't do a good enough job (on the one hand) and on the other- if they do.

After rewatching Daryl's interview after the verdict- where he is apparently no longer afraid to show his face I get the distinct feeling that he KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt- that Jodi wanted those gas cans to go to MESA. He knows her demeanor and casual behavior of breakfast, chit-chat and email checking. He knows she went on her merry way and slaughtered the man she left HIM for.

He absolutely said she is sick, needs help, and should NEVER be free but he prefaced all of that with the sweetest story one could ever imagine of Jodi Ann Arias. That man has definitely got to be afraid if she is ever set free. Matt McCartney too.

ON cross examination she said that Matt had betrayed her, and she said it in a cold, vengeful tone. It was sandwiched in between her sicky-sweet fake nice voice and her tone in contempt of Juan catching her in lies. Who else could she go after if she is set free? Who else could she go after, from behind prison walls, if she isn't? She's got some crazy minions on the outside, some may have murdering capabilities just like their beloved!

I think what we are seeing with these witnesses (the ones who aren't paid for) is fear of Jodi more then the public at large. As well... they should be, IMO.

I'd think the defense had figured out that the longer they take, the more they lose the jury.

I'd be wrong I guess It is almost Christmas. The jury would love to be at work parties, preparing for the holiday, shopping, joining friends and family but the defense is dragging out this angle they're going for: Travis = bad, Jodi = good. I really think this type of repetition backfires badly in the long run
But I still think it's down to LWOP vs LWP based on her age, race, and gender

Speaking of Christmas, some people thought that they may have gotten more sympathy from a jury if they had been able to wrap this up just before and send them out for a verdict.

The defense team, on the other hand, likely looked at the Christmas break as a chance for one or more jurors to "slip up" and be removed from the panel. It's terrible that they have to spend the holidays amongst family and friends paranoid about anyone bringing up the name Jodi Arias. Just one more group of people she has control over at the moment.

:notgood:

MOO

Killer now has a memory gap 12-14 years of age, <barf> 13th juror Paul Sanders states that it coincidently ties in with the marijuana episodes. It also coincidently lines up with JA dad interrogation where he states between those years JA stayed in her room. Dr. Geffner also mentioned the kicking holes in wall. Because, Dr. DeMarte said that killer wrote about breaking windows and kicking holes in walls which expressed her anger, now DT is trying to tie the holes kicked in wall/marijuana/dads interrogation where JA stayed in room it to this memory gap, as if something really horrible happened to her during this time and subsequently Travis, justifying PTSD and Trauma. pffft.

Can't wait to see how Juan and/or Dr. DeMarte will counter this carp.

He didn't need the first 2 days of direct. The defense team just doesn't get it and I for one think this jury will hang in there now- no matter what. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you want to see this thing through if only because what you had invested already? I would and I think they do too.

Nurmi came over to the dark side with Jodi- if you can't beat them and you can't quit from them and they can't even fire you- what's a guy to do?

Get along with your psychotic client. Do as she wishes and be done with it, with the least amount of stress possible.

I actually give Nurmi credit for that.

I never liked him being a child victim of molestation he is my nemesis, but I have begun to understand what he is doing. I think Wilmott has always had compassion for the defendant and I suppose it is what we would want from a public defender. I won't blame her, for that.

This is all the murderers doing what we are seeing here, for awhile now. A real window into her twisted and deluded thought process. SHE IS DANGEROUS. I think the mitigating witness' are afraid of HER, if they don't do a good enough job (on the one hand) and on the other- if they do.

After rewatching Daryl's interview after the verdict- where he is apparently no longer afraid to show his face I get the distinct feeling that he KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt- that Jodi wanted those gas cans to go to MESA. He knows her demeanor and casual behavior of breakfast, chit-chat and email checking. He knows she went on her merry way and slaughtered the man she left HIM for.

He absolutely said she is sick, needs help, and should NEVER be free but he prefaced all of that with the sweetest story one could ever imagine of Jodi Ann Arias. That man has definitely got to be afraid if she is ever set free. Matt McCartney too.

ON cross examination she said that Matt had betrayed her, and she said it in a cold, vengeful tone. It was sandwiched in between her sicky-sweet fake nice voice and her tone in contempt of Juan catching her in lies. Who else could she go after if she is set free? Who else could she go after, from behind prison walls, if she isn't? She's got some crazy minions on the outside, some may have murdering capabilities just like their beloved!

I think what we are seeing with these witnesses (the ones who aren't paid for) is fear of Jodi more then the public at large. As well... they should be, IMO.

And remember she even went after Juan through her followers. Balls she has.

Ruthless. I remember Darryl also said Jodi was not left alone with his son for any significant amount of time.

Arias even battled with Juan over her lack of memory being an "issue" much less a "problem".

She has a VERY HARD time acknowledging ANY kind of criticism. Overly "sensitive" and "thin-skinned".

What mental diagnosis comes with those characteristics? Anyone know?
It's a known characteristic with both borderline and narcissistic personality disorders.

Borderline:
People with the disorder are said to have a thin emotional skin and often behave like 2-year-olds, throwing tantrums when some innocent word, gesture, facial expression or action by others sets off an emotional storm they cannot control. The attacks can be brutal, pushing away those they care most about. Then, when the storm subsides, they typically revert to being &#8220;sweet and wonderful,&#8221; as one family member put it.

In an effort to maintain calm, families often struggle to avoid situations that can set off another outburst. They walk on eggshells, a doomed effort because it is not possible to predict what will prompt an outburst. Living with a borderline person is like traversing a minefield; you never know when an explosion will occur.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/health/16brod.html?_r=0

Narcissistic:
On the other hand, Yeomans described thin-skinned narcissists as being much more fragile when it comes to perceived criticism. A thin-skinned narcissist&#8217;s sense of grandiosity may crumble simply as a result of looking at them the wrong way.

Thin-skinned narcissists may be more likely to seek professional NPD treatment for their problems, as it is not uncommon for them to develop depression or powerful feelings of hopelessness. Once NPD treatment has begun, it may take awhile before a therapist determines that the underlying issue of narcissism is what is really behind the patient&#8217;s depression.
http://www.borderlinepersonalitytreatment.com/narcissistic-types-treatment.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member