Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi owes Travis money....and she calls the payments, loans TO Travis.

Then the checks she gives him bounce.

BBM: I'm sure glad the bad check juror was dismissed !

:gaah: And I hope the rest of the jury is NOT falling for all of CMJA's carp !

It's break time? THANK YOU GOD. I'm a senior citizen; my blood pressure must be through the roof. Time for a nap! After I punch my pillow for five minutes, pretending it's Stabby McPencil.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ
· 1m 1 minute ago
Wil asks Geff why it's important for him to understand what's going on in these texts?
Geff says it shows context and the Power and Control

· 1m 1 minute ago
Willmot to Geffner- Are you making an assessment on Travis?
Geffner says NO

later all! link to Jen's Trial Diaries

https://twitter.com/TrialDiariesJ/with_replies

Hey DGC! :seeya:

Does anyone here actually believe Travis was "cheating" on Jodi?

William Pitts @william_pitts · 2m 2 minutes ago
Geffner: No.

Martinez asking for lots of yes or no. Wilmott objects and is overruled. #JodiArias

Martinez: You used manipulative in describing TA, correct?

Geffner: Yes

#JodiArias

Wilmott asking if Geffner is diagnosing #TravisAlexander. He says no, certainly not intending to.#JodiArias

William Pitts @william_pitts · 56s 57 seconds ago
Martinez now questioning Geffner. You're saying #TravisAlexander can be manipulative without meeting him?

How can a doctor get on the stand and talk about someone's personality and then claim he's not diagnosing!? The jurors hear "Dr" and they're going to assume he's talking as an expert. These GAMES the DT plays frustrate the crap out of me.

What would make sense instead? What was her source for that kind of money? Do you know what she was earning at that point in time? What about this car that she owed Travis money for? Do you know what the payment schedule was?

I think the main point here is that JM should not have to re-do his entire case that lasted months with just this one witness. Even though this one witness has spent the last 4 days retelling JA's story and every other witness that the defence put on. There is something so inherently wrong with this. And no matter how much he continues to object, JSS just keeps swatting him away.

MOO

Ok so how is the DT going to explain to the jury that this girl who wrote so prolifically about her (alleged) innermost thoughts and fears and every last detail about her relationship woes with Travis, didn't write about this alleged pedo/DV event that was so traumatic, painful, horrific and vomit inducing. SMFH, if they don't have a bombshell of some type coming for the jurors the DT is sunk IMO.

If was so traumatic how come she didn't lose her memory or go into her nonsense?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 4m 4 minutes ago

Geffner is still on the stand. Jennifer continues to discuss the cheating in the relationship between #JodiArias and TA.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Juan's all "Geff you never spoke with TA right?" Geffs all "nope" #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Juan: Aren't you labeling his conduct when you say it was "manipulative"? Geff "I guess that's how it could be interpreted". #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 45s 45 seconds ago

This is not cross, this is just them working through an objection about things Geffner has said. #JodiArias

William Pitts @william_pitts · 1m 1 minute ago
Martinez: So you're labeling #TravisAlexander 's conduct when you say it's manipulative?

Geffner silent for a good 15 seconds.

#jodiarias

Geffner says "I guess that's how that could be interpreted."

#JodiArias

This is discovery by the way, about text messages and testimony...jury's not in here. #JodiArias

· 31s 31 seconds ago
I wish I could turn back the clock.

(lol next tweet)

· 22s 22 seconds ago
#jodiarias- I am a powerful creator, I must wield my power carefully, and always be vigilant and careful with what I am creating

WTF??! :thinking:

BBM

William Pitts @william_pitts · 18s 18 seconds ago
Geffner says he uses those texts, etc to determine the nature of the relationship. "There's no such diagnosis as manipulation". #JodiArias

William Pitts @william_pitts · 21s 21 seconds ago
Guess that's all we get to hear on that one. Geffner can step down and lawyers tothe bench. #JodiArias

This is usually the point in these proceedings that I share my own journaling experience in my abusive relationship. I was 20 when I met my abuser. He was 33. (Abusive personalities typically deliberately target people who are somehow vulnerable, to include someone much younger or more inexperienced.)

A few months into our relationship (when I'd foolishly already moved in with him) I knew something wasn't quite right. I took to my journal to work through my doubts. He found it, ripped every single page out, staple-gunned all the pages to the walls of our living room, and left me a note saying if that's how I really felt to get the f- out of his house. I'd literally had been homeless so I swallowed my doubts, begged his forgiveness, and didn't dare write another word about him for 10 more years.

There's just no way her writing that Travis made her rip negative pages out makes sense to me. An abuser would react at just that statement. A victim modifying his or her behavior is of course part of the cycle of abuse. Jodi didn't modify her behavior though - she claims she was forced to modify her behavior instead for him to read - which is very nearly as bad, for the victim, as the initial behavior would have been.

JMO and FWIW

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 43s 43 seconds ago

The jury is out at lunch, the objection continues in the courtroom. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 34s 35 seconds ago

Judge orders Geff to step down and for counsel to proach. Sizzle. #JodiArias

It's break time? THANK YOU GOD. I'm a senior citizen; my blood pressure must be through the roof. Time for a nap! After I punch my pillow for five minutes, pretending it's Stabby McPencil.

LOL. I need to go hug some quartz rocks for awhile to see if I can suck any positive energy from them. I too am zapped from hearing these things.

Hey everyone - quick pop-in. I see the victim bashing is still going on. Can someone tell me how the killer's journal entries are even admissable? Anything can be written in a journal - does not mean it is the truth. How do we know that Travis told her to tear out a few pages? Did the Killer go to the doctor when Travis supposedbly body slammed her and broke her finger?

Carry on brave souls.

William Pitts @william_pitts · 12s 13 seconds ago
Whatever the decision was we're not gonna hear it I guess. Judge is back in chambers. We're at lunch. See you at 1! #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 40s 41 seconds ago

That was a nice little dose of what's to come when Juan gets his chance to cross examine The Geffner. #JodiArias

:juanettes:

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 24s 24 seconds ago

Eeeannddd lunch time it is.

Enjoy the amazing @kinseyschofield for the afternoon session!!! #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors