Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he didn't think she was wife material he should have dumped her before dating other women. Cheating is a no-no in my book.

But I think they were at different points in that "relationship"; there was no actual "cheating" he was still dating multiple people why she was already thinking they were going to get married. :moo:
BBM. Jodi just wasn't going to let him dump her. She just would've killed him sooner. He tried subtly letting her know she wasn't marriage material, then when she refused to take a hint, he resorted to calling her well-deserved (IMO) names. He didn't know how to get rid of a psychopath, nothing in his background prepared him for that. That doesn't make him a bad boyfriend in my eyes.

To me, that "his tires were slashed and that's why he's in such a bad mood" is the cornerstone to all these entries. As people have noted - and IMO won't be lost on the jury - these entries are very immature, sound like a teenager wrote them. "He looked at that girl, lets go toilet paper his house" kind of thing. Or - showing my age - we used to call his house and hang up like a hundred times. People with more sinister thoughts would do more sinister things. I had a high school friend who kept sending her ex-boyfriends mother cards in the mail about "congrats on being a grandmother". (I didn't have any tire-slashing friends). But it's just so... high school...
More like Junior High, not to insult Middle Schoolers, but my friends & I would crank call up people (maybe it was elementary school...) and play Elton John's "The ***** is Back" and sing it to them, or ask if they had Prince Albert in a can (let him go- brand of chewing tobacco), or ask if their refrigerator was running.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 24s 24 seconds ago

In this entry #JodiArias says she doesn't want presents for xmas, just to be happy.

I don't want presents either.. just money. $$$$

Well she won't be getting presents this Christmas, so I guess she'll get that wish!

I also think it is quite a contrast between telling Darryl "no" and Travis "yes" when the point was to save herself for marriage, her words. If she was intimate with Travis right away, as she claims, she basically had already decided this relationship would end up in marriage or why else would she have given into him. JA had no problems saying "no" to Darryl. jmo
So, by not sleeping with Darryl, she was re-virginizing herself??? That ship has long sailed.

I was so happy they read those messages about her slashing the tires. The jury knows she slashed his throat, so why wouldn't they believe she slashed his tires too?

I am sure they introduced it because they are afraid Jiuan is going to, but so what. They jury can decide for themselves. And I bet they will.

I was amazed too at Wilmcott and witness reading those words to the jury about slashing tires and her getting into a fight with him and rushing over to his house. The slashing of tires involves a sharp knife and a violent thrust of the knife to puncture the hard rubber of the tire. The act itself is violent, evil, and criminal in nature and this wont be lost on the jury. Nobody hardly even slashes tires. Its something we heard about in the 70's and in the movies.

Wilmcott is so caught up in getting revenge with Juan and she is thinking....I'll be smart and be a step ahead of him by bringing this up to the jury and then try to explain it away. FAIL

There is no way to explain away those actions by JA. The only explanation is she is the type of person that freaks out when she feels wronged by a boyfriend. The jury will see this just as we did.
A better DT strategy would have been to not bring it up and try to minimize it if Juan brings it up.
You never want to highlight the revenge things JA did to Travis. It just makes it so obvious what she was/is. A scary evil person that slashes boyfriends tires just because they are mad. How about just leaving him Jodi like Travis told you too.

I think this DT is doing a good job of showing the jury the type of person Jodi was. All these obsessive journal entries just show how obsessed she was. The DT has made Juans job much easier and the longer this witness stays on stand , the more obvious how despareate the DT is getting. They have nothing. Zilch, Nada. The DT is becoming just as obsessed as Jodi is.

I'm actually starting to feel more confident after this week that the jury will do the right thing.
If they can hang on through the months. :)

I agree that the jury is getting an earful of her obsessive, delusional ramblings, thanks to the defense.

And I can't wait to hear Dr. Geff being asked by Juan to read her famous entry which begins with :

" TrAviS iS DeaD? WhaT haPpenEd??????!!!???"

Yes. That is another great journal entry. Pretending in the journal not to know he was dead after she already admitted on the stand that she killed him. Kinda proves other journal entries were faked too.

I hope the jury picks up too that it is so obvious that Jodi had to be the one to slash his tires. Because there was not 1 other person in his life that was having huge fights with him. We have the phone call where he goes off on her and so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize she had to be the only person that could have done it.

For the DT to think that just by showing Jodi's words in the journal denying she slashed his tires. ROFLMA
How silly is it to think it could even be anyone other than Jodi.

ETA: Lets look at the circumstantial evidence that she slashed his tires.
-She admits on the stand she killed Travis
-She admits to shooting him but has "fog" about the knife slashing. Its obvious she used a knife in attacking him. Proves possession of a knife.
-Text Messages show they were in serious arguments/fights
-Travis outright accuses her in a text message of slashing his tires. He would know more than anyone who he suspects did it.
-Nobody else in his life was upset with him to the degree of verbal + written fighting. Sure, he had some other people texting issues with him but those other people handled it in an adult manner. Deana + Hughes communication + texting all were very adult like in their words with Travis and were not going off the handle. They were trying to help him and not really fighting with him per se.

So if jury adds 1+1 = Jodi with knife, then its pretty obvious she slashed his tires. Circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

OK, so my opinion is ridiculous. I'll accept that and take my toys and go play in my own yard.

Merry Christmas, all!

:hug: Merry Christmas to you too. :seeya: You're not ridiculous. Have you read any of my posts?

Oh MY. Here is the case I was talking about--where the conviction was overturned. And today in court the prosecutor spoke about Websleuths! The killer was reading here after the murder...:eek:

http://thepeopleschampion.me/intern...-killers-suspicious-web-searches-may-convict/

[The Internet searches introduced today, which police said were found on Johnson’s cellphone after his arrest in April 2012, appear to have occurred well after the killing. Police say they show visits to news articles and Twitter updates about the case, a “Pray for Phylicia” Facebook page and a “Websleuths” message board, on which participants try to solve cases. The history also showed a Web page for “forensic testing turnaround time,” as well as “hair and DNA evidence,” the state told jurors. - See more at: http://thepeopleschampion.me/intern...eb-searches-may-convict/#sthash.lYrJJ9oX.dpuf

Is that cool or creepy? I'm pretty sure that JB got the child molester defense from reading here.

I take it they didn't sing 3 Holey-Night!

:floorlaugh: That is sooooo wrong!

I was amazed too at Wilmcott and witness reading those words to the jury about slashing tires and her getting into a fight with him and rushing over to his house. The slashing of tires involves a sharp knife and a violent thrust of the knife to puncture the hard rubber of the tire. The act itself is violent, evil, and criminal in nature and this wont be lost on the jury. Nobody hardly even slashes tires. Its something we heard about in the 70's and in the movies.

Wilmcott is so caught up in getting revenge with Juan and she is thinking....I'll be smart and be a step ahead of him by bringing this up to the jury and then try to explain it away. FAIL

There is no way to explain away those actions by JA. The only explanation is she is the type of person that freaks out when she feels wronged by a boyfriend. The jury will see this just as we did.
A better DT strategy would have been to not bring it up and try to minimize it if Juan brings it up.
You never want to highlight the revenge things JA did to Travis. It just makes it so obvious what she was/is. A scary evil person that slashes boyfriends tires just because they are mad. How about just leaving him Jodi like Travis told you too.

I think this DT is doing a good job of showing the jury the type of person Jodi was. All these obsessive journal entries just show how obsessed she was. The DT has made Juans job much easier and the longer this witness stays on stand , the more obvious how despareate the DT is getting. They have nothing. Zilch, Nada. The DT is becoming just as obsessed as Jodi is.

I'm actually starting to feel more confident after this week that the jury will do the right thing.
If they can hang on through the months. :)

Was the tire slashing mentioned in the original trial? I didn't think the defense introduced and I thought Juan couldn't for the usual old reason of it would tarnish the jury blah blah. But since the DT introduced it to show what an angel she was, Juan can certainly use it as part a 'she manipulated him' theme. Pair that up with the money business, which the DT tried to also use in her favor....

She helped put him in some financial difficulty by borrowing money and/or not repaying for the car. Then she tops that by slashing his tires (twice?) which probably costs him at least $1,000. And then she comes up with this "Oh honey it'll hurt me but I'll help you out if only you keep me as your girlfriend" business. It makes perfect sense to me and it would make perfect sense to the average juror. It would be even stronger when paired up with what else HAPPENED to be going on at the time. I don't recall exactly, but didn't the tire slashing happen when he started seeing some other woman? It all fits together into a completely logical picture of her being a jealous, violent, obsessive, unhinged, soon-to-be murderer.

Cracked me up today how the DT tried to paint her as a generous soul for offering to help him buy new tires and offering him her stun gun. How sweet of her...:facepalm:

Was the tire slashing mentioned in the original trial? I didn't think the defense introduced and I thought Juan couldn't for the usual old reason of it would tarnish the jury blah blah. But since the DT introduced it to show what an angel she was, Juan can certainly use it as part a 'she manipulated him' theme. Pair that up with the money business, which the DT tried to also use in her favor....

She helped put him in some financial difficulty by borrowing money and/or not repaying for the car. Then she tops that by slashing his tires (twice?) which probably costs him at least $1,000. And then she comes up with this "Oh honey it'll hurt me but I'll help you out if only you keep me as your girlfriend" business. It makes perfect sense to me and it would make perfect sense to the average juror. It would be even stronger when paired up with what else HAPPENED to be going on at the time. I don't recall exactly, but didn't the tire slashing happen when he started seeing some other woman? It all fits together into a completely logical picture of her being a jealous, violent, obsessive, unhinged, soon-to-be murderer.

I think you are right that we didnt get to hear about the tire slashing in the first phase. And I forgot that she did it twice? I think you maybe right about that too. Im having some fog of my own since it was so long ago but it seems I do recall he had them fixed and tires were slashed again.

She did multiple tires too so he couldnt just put on the spare to get them fixed. It was an awful act of agression and violence IMO.

I think Juan should be able to easily bring up a lot about this now since the DT showed the texts about JA denying it. It was a huge mistake IMO for DT to bring it up. Now Juan should be able to jump all over it. I am a little afraid the judge will limit what he can say about it though. He may get limited by the judge to just what was in the texts. I hope Juan can bring in his friends that know all about the slashing incident and what Travis was saying to them about it.

She told Det. Flores that they exchanged passwords and things because of trust issues. It was to rebuild that trust. koff koff.

She was also surprised that Mimi wasn't into Travis, and only want to be his friend.

<big snip>

You forgot to include, from Interrogation Tape 5, when she says:
"32:03
(Jodi Giggles and then talks to herself)
(Unintelligible – sounds like: “Still hate me… brat!)"

When I heard that the first time, I knew that she'd done it on purpose with no room for ifs ands or buts. As for Mimi, you can bet that JA probably had something to do with convincing Mimi that TA wasn't right for her.

Cracked me up today how the DT tried to paint her as a generous soul for offering to help him buy new tires and offering him her stun gun. How sweet of her...:facepalm:

Somehow I totally missed that during the first trial. That is amazing to me and I do wonder if she used it on him at first while he was in the shower to subdue him.

If someone is wet and gets zapped it probably would have a more dramatic impact.

Those bathroom photos still bug me and it gets confusing to me with the time stamps. I tend to wonder if she may have done some time stamp editing on those photos.

Oh, and I saw one picture the other day I had not seen before. It is not the normal one where he is staring at her in despair. This one particular photo actually seems to show that he is shocked with his eyes very open and acting very shocked like he just got zapped or stabbed. Ill have to find it again. Its in a series of photos like where all the photos are shown in 1 picture and all the photos are sequenced in a list. So it was small and hard to see in that series but his eyes were very open and scared and he looks in obvious pain or shock. Its not the 1 main one we talk about. The 1 I saw he was facing the shower head with his head turned to the left looking at her in shock and pain.

I found it again.
Go to time = 1:32 at this link to see the pic I am meaing. His mouth is wide open as if he is shocked. His eyes wide open too and to me he looks terrified of something or he just got zapped or or stabbed or something.

WARNING....GRAPHIC pics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNW3Gtd7Yc

I may have interpreted the pic wrong but I had never seen that 1 before.

Yes. That is another great journal entry. Pretending in the journal not to know he was dead after she already admitted on the stand that she killed him. Kinda proves other journal entries were faked too.

I hope the jury picks up too that it is so obvious that Jodi had to be the one to slash his tires. Because there was not 1 other person in his life that was having huge fights with him. We have the phone call where he goes off on her and so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize she had to be the only person that could have done it.

For the DT to think that just by showing Jodi's words in the journal denying she slashed his tires. ROFLMA
How silly is it to think it could even be anyone other than Jodi.

ETA: Lets look at the circumstantial evidence that she slashed his tires.
-She admits on the stand she killed Travis
-She admits to shooting him but has "fog" about the knife slashing. Its obvious she used a knife in attacking him. Proves possession of a knife.
-Text Messages show they were in serious arguments/fights
-Travis outright accuses her in a text message of slashing his tires. He would know more than anyone who he suspects did it.
-Nobody else in his life was upset with him to the degree of verbal + written fighting. Sure, he had some other people texting issues with him but those other people handled it in an adult manner. Deana + Hughes communication + texting all were very adult like in their words with Travis and were not going off the handle. They were trying to help him and not really fighting with him per se.

So if jury adds 1+1 = Jodi with knife, then its pretty obvious she slashed his tires. Circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

Don't forget about the knives she was so worried about the police taking, imo they had probably been in storage in TA's garage and that's where JA hid until the coast was clear ... rereading those transcripts are worth the time, though you can sure see where she came up with some of her ideas and where questions got missed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?203866-TRANSCRIPTS-of-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias/page2
"07:21
JA: and then some photos, also, too. Darryl, who was another guy I dated after Matt that we bought the house together, and kitchen supplies. Darryl paid for so much when I was there, and he footed the bill at Costco, so I had umm…They said that they took knives out of my car. Umm…

07:38
DF: I don’t even know whose they are, you know.

07:40
JA: Oh, they’re Darryl’s and…

07:41
DF: Okay.

07:40
JA: they’ve been in storage for years, just collecting dust.

07:44
DF: That’s good to know that they’re his.

07:46
JA: Yeah, and like they were all his, maybe one might have been mine, but like, I just…I think they were Darryl’s, and so there’s those and a bunch of kitchen supplies and pictures of him and his son mostly when we used to go to 49’er games One time we just went on camping trip."

OK, so my opinion is ridiculous. I'll accept that and take my toys and go play in my own yard.

Merry Christmas, all!

Merry Christmas KrKrjx!!!! I understand what you're saying. At one time I was afraid of the same thing. But then it was explained to me that this could not happen. This judge does not have that choice. YAY!

Here is what I love about WS.... I think of myself as being fairly intelligent, though maybe not quite to the level of Einstein/JA haha. But yet again, someone here raised an idea I had never thought of before. I forget who it was, so my apologies for not citing you. The idea is that JA created her journal AFTER murdering Travis.

The more I think about it, the more I think that could be the case. It's hard to imagine that someone could be so locked-in and single-minded as to be able to do that. But as someone pointed out, she had at least a month to work on it. And she is the same person who plotted this elaborate murder scheme, which included driving ~2,500 miles round trip on little sleep. (And with no caffeine if she was being a good Mormon haha.)

Most people wouldn't be able to pull that off. I know I would have fallen asleep and driven into a tree or a saguaro before I even made it to Mesa. But she was so utterly obsessed and driven that she did it. Why couldn't she have similarly been driven to produce a journal to back her story in case she got caught? Think about the determination it took her to recently write three pages of tiny print that amounted to: "Dear fans, Send money here, not there. Love, Jodi"

She had emails and at least some text messages and of course the phone call she recorded to try to reconstruct parts of it she wasn't sure about. There are a few holes (e.g. around the pedo nonsense) and maybe some inconsistencies. Is there enough for Juan to tie it up and put a ribbon on it? I don't know. But he could certainly ask Dr G, "For all you know, she wrote all or part of these journals you based much of your testimony on AFTER she had killed Travis Alexander, RIGHT?" It could be dangerous to be that direct, but he needs to get that seed planted in the minds of the jurors.

So once again, thanks to all of you fellow WS posters for being so thought-provoking in your comments. And if you're a lurker and think of something but are afraid to say it because it must be dumb because no one else stated it - well you could be wrong. Join the fun!

ETA: At the end I meant wrong about it being dumb in case that wasn't clear. :)

Somehow I totally missed that during the first trial. That is amazing to me and I do wonder if she used it on him at first while he was in the shower to subdue him.

If someone is wet and gets zapped it probably would have a more dramatic impact.

Those bathroom photos still bug me and it gets confusing to me with the time stamps. I tend to wonder if she may have done some time stamp editing on those photos.

Oh, and I saw one picture the other day I had not seen before. It is not the normal one where he is staring at her in despair. This one particular photo actually seems to show that he is shocked with his eyes very open and acting very shocked like he just got zapped or stabbed. Ill have to find it again. Its in a series of photos like where all the photos are shown in 1 picture and all the photos are sequenced in a list. So it was small and hard to see in that series but his eyes were very open and scared and he looks in obvious pain or shock. Its not the 1 main one we talk about. The 1 I saw he was facing the shower head with his head turned to the left looking at her in shock and pain.

I may have interpreted the pic wrong but I had never seen that 1 before.

When standing outside the shower and facing it, the shower nozzle is on the right, so just keep that in mind and that if JA was taking pics from the closet door that opens into the bathroom it's quite likely TA wouldn't even have noticed her until he either noticed a flash or she opened the shower door.

collage_zpsba572278.jpg

Hey everyone, Good morning :) I was hoping others would be here. Does the murderer get to have any visitors? If she does, do they have to come in the hour she is allowed out of her cell?

These journals have me greatly confused.
- Are they the same ones read from during the guilt phase? I would think the DT would have used some of these entries if that's the case, but I don't remember this pathetic show of possession during that time.

- Someone said they were probably written post-murder-- and I completely agree. Without a job, friends or family to keep occupied, she had nothing but time to manufacture a story around their love story.

It's just all too convenient-- and just flat-out creepy. I hope the jury can see thru this all.

I think you are right that we didnt get to hear about the tire slashing in the first phase. And I forgot that she did it twice? I think you maybe right about that too. Im having some fog of my own since it was so long ago but it seems I do recall he had them fixed and tires were slashed again.

She did multiple tires too so he couldnt just put on the spare to get them fixed. It was an awful act of agression and violence IMO.

I think Juan should be able to easily bring up a lot about this now since the DT showed the texts about JA denying it. It was a huge mistake IMO for DT to bring it up. Now Juan should be able to jump all over it. I am a little afraid the judge will limit what he can say about it though. He may get limited by the judge to just what was in the texts. I hope Juan can bring in his friends that know all about the slashing incident and what Travis was saying to them about it.

JM can bring it up, but he can't say CMJA slashed the tires, since she wasn't charged or caught in the act. Can't be proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey