Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why Juan isn't crossing Geffner?

I don't understand that either. Can the defense just toss him aside and start on another witness without cross examination? :floorlaugh: The defense is looking so desperate now that I'm surprised they can keep their machinations straight! :floorlaugh:

ETA: Geffner when we resume after holiday break. No, wait. Neumeister! Put him back in there... NO! NO! Pseudonym!, that's the ticket! But only if he remains as Pseuydonym! And only if the prosecutor can't interview him!

I must have missed the Judge ruling on the computer issues. How could BN or anyone testify about it without ruling...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if JSS retires immediately after this phase ends, with or without a verdict. I believe she's become functionally incapacitated - mentally, emotionally, and/or physically - and her "condition" will become another appeal issue.

I wish there was some way JSS could be replaced NOW!

What does it take for KN to be found in contempt? He pulls this kind of stuff all the time. If he wasn't going to produce BN this morning then we should have continued with Geffmeister. Instead he pulls his typical stunts that JSS lets him get away with time after time after time and another whole week gets wasted. He needs to start spending a few nights in jail for contempt as far as I'm concerned.

BN and now 'Pseudonym' are heard in the *advertiser censored* Hearing, right? No jury present. So BN was scheduled for first thing this morning, until the defence suddenly changed their mind and wanted 'Pseudonym', without allowing any time for Juan to interview him.

As for news of the delay - JSS apparently expects everyone to find out for themselves.

IMO 'Pseudonym' did something hinky with/under Neumeister's direction......now Neumeister is back tracking to get himself out of the MESS....tampering with evidence. He thought Juan could not figure it out with his limited knowledge of computers.

Nuemeister: "hey, I'm only an audio guy"

:liar::behindbar:panic::gasp:

On another note I am finding the media useless. Is there no investigative journalist out there, no newspaper, no TV station willing to question and criticise the judge and this phase at all, consistently and relentlessly? At the very least, shouldn't Arizona taxpayers be informed of the reality of this circus and a spineless judge who is spending their money like water? All we have are the likes of Michael Kiefer, minion par excellence, happy to give the DT a boost anytime.

I wish there was some way JSS could be replaced NOW!

:seeya: Totally agree !

JMO but she should have been removed and replaced during the Trial ... oh wait, she should have never been assigned this particular DP case to begin with !

:moo:

Reading the motion filed by the state to preclude a witness referred to as "Pseudonym" and I'm incredulous. So now we have an actual EXPERT witness who refuses to testify in the open as well? This is insane!

Maybe this is another paid witness and does not want his/her reputation ruined.

There is no word to describe my anger pertaining to this retrial all for some stupid indigent murderer. Rot in Hell Jodi Arias.

I still do not understand how they can take Geff off the stand and move onto another witness without Juan's cross!

If a new judge was appointed, would that mean a mistrial, would the 1st trial have to be repeated or would we have to go back to late September 2014?

I am ignorant on this kind of legal stuff.

There is no word to describe my anger pertaining to this retrial all for some stupid indigent murderer. Rot in Hell Jodi Arias.

If he was really a pro and legit, he would want the publicity...imo. If he is a hack, not so much....

Ditto!

IMO 'Pseudonym' did something hinky with/under Neumeister's direction......now Neumeister is back tracking to get himself out of the MESS....tampering with evidence. He thought Juan could not figure it out with his limited knowledge of computers.

Nuemeister: "hey, I'm only an audio guy"

:liar::behindbar:panic::gasp:

It sure smells like it, which would account for this so called 'computer expert' wanting to remain unidentified. If he, indeed, does have a forensic company, fiddling with evidence won't look too good on his web page!

Interesting that BN seemed to have lost his belligerence toward Juan in those private interviews.

Ocean, I respect your opinions and did not take your response to my post as snarky, at all.

I have not followed many trials- let alone death penalty trials.

The first trial I followed online was CA. What I do recall was how wonderful most watchers felt both of her Judges were, no one loving the sidebars, and most everyone disliking the defense and their underhanded tactics (witnesses and experts). It was certainly frustrating- the entire process- and that was with the sunshine laws (manna from heaven compared to this crazy secrecy).

What I remember also was the fact that many people turned on the Judge when the verdict came down. I believed during the trial there were many times the Judge held the hands of the defense team (way too much, IMO) and was overly cautious (with the idea of avoiding appeal issues- I was actually grateful for that- even though also frustrated).

IMO The Judge in that case was outwardly shocked when he laid eyes on the verdict. I do not for one moment think he agreed with it either.

I do not for one moment think that a woman that was a prosecutor for 20 years and then decided to become a judge, and by all accounts was good at what she did, with a conscience for justice supports this defendant, is anti death penalty or secretly or overtly supporting this defense team.

That's where I stand. I have not much to compare it too- as you now see.

I guess being a restaurant manager for many years has helped me to recognize (maybe a trite analogy on my part- it isn't meant to be- it's what I know) that stuff rolls down hill (I put the defendant at the top of the hill) and that often times the messenger does get shot in the story or the absolute wrong person or people get blamed for something completely outside their control.

I get the idea that much is within J S Stephens control and yet she has failed to control it- and that I can agree with- I do not however agree with the things I mentioned earlier.

I still respect and admire the opinions of all who think otherwise.

It's even more outrageous after reading the motion. If the defense refuses to submit to any of the rules of conduct, the judge should just toss all the testimony of BN and everything related to him and go on from there. If she gets the DP then the defense can say on appeal why they refused to follow any semblance of order. They are trying to endlessly jerk Juan's personal life with their stupid nonsense and judge is letting them do it.

KCL is missing in action also.... hope she is okay. :loveyou: KCL!!!!!

KCL is alive and well and visiting her new boyfriend out of state. He seems like he is the one! I will pass on you were asking for her!

What does it take for KN to be found in contempt? He pulls this kind of stuff all the time. If he wasn't going to produce BN this morning then we should have continued with Geffmeister. Instead he pulls his typical stunts that JSS lets him get away with time after time after time and another whole week gets wasted. He needs to start spending a few nights in jail for contempt as far as I'm concerned.

At this point I'm wishing that Judge Stephens would join him. All this secrecy- isn't that unconstitutional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89