Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court transcripts do not take weeks to do. Some have been known to be prepared overnight. JA only testified in secret for 1/2 a day (less if you count Arizona court time,) surely it must be ready by now. JMO

Hm. I dunno. This is an online store in Germany?

They do have stores all around the world.. that's just their main website with their competition info etc. Just wondering if JA has the receipt for her camera too... you'd think it would still be in her files, if only because she seemed pretty keen on using any warranty/maintenance available to her(ie. Infiniti). As for that amount, $699 sure sounds more like a purchase than a loan.

Yeah, I just realized this. But JA likes to use words that are deceiving. It was just a hunch, not intended for a "for sure." You'll have to ask "Pseudonym" that. :giggle:

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Court transcripts do not take weeks to do. Some have been known to be prepared overnight. JA only testified in secret for 1/2 a day (less if you count Arizona court time,) surely it must be ready by now. JMO

It can take a long time depending on the workload of the court reporter. I'm not saying it would take months and months to get a transcript of 1/2 a day but you're assuming the court reporter from that day (they do occasionally rotate around) has nothing else going on. Now maybe it is all JSS's fault but we don't really know the reason for the delay, only that the transcripts have not yet been released to the media for whatever reason (assuming the transcripts are even done).

It seems the main thing we learned today is that Mr "You don't know computers Juan" BN doesn't know computers.

It seems the main thing we learned today is that Mr "You don't know computers Juan" BN doesn't know computers.

He also comes off as calmer and more respectful when he doesn't have an audience present.

IMO 'Pseudonym' did something hinky with/under Neumeister's direction......now Neumeister is back tracking to get himself out of the MESS....tampering with evidence. He thought Juan could not figure it out with his limited knowledge of computers.

Nuemeister: "hey, I'm only an audio guy"
:liar::behindbar:panic::gasp:

BBM:

Of course he is only the audio guy. Nurmi & Willmott wanted Nuemeister because they thought he would be an impressive witness. Maybe 'Pseudonym' is not classified as an expert witness. Whatever, but I think Nurmi and Willmott have overplayed their hands, lol, and know they could be in real trouble if what was done to Travis' computer while in CMJA's possession is uncovered. Something is way out of line here, IMO, and I can't wait to find out what it is.

Nurmi & Willmott has made a circus out of what should be a very, very serious trial and penalty phase, IMO. I am sickened that any judge anywhere in this country would grant the Defense carte blanche over this court. The Defense has brought up side issue after side issue and been allowed to delay, delay, delay what should have taken a week. This is just all wrong. It hasn't been about Travis' and his family's victims rights at all or justice for his horrible, unspeakable murder.

Nurmi is just plain NUTS, and JSS is too paranoid. Maybe it is not usual for the Chief Judge of this county to step in and direct the trial judge (JSS), but this is not the usual case and it needs to happen. This has just gone beyond the pale and needs to be put a full stop to. Judge Perry was the Chief Judge down in Florida and I don't think he would have allowed one of the judges under his direction to drag this out the way JSS has. He surely would have been cognizant of the fact that there is not an bottomless well of tax dollars. He was also way more appreciative of the jurors, their time, and their sacrifices even though they got the verdict all wrong.

CMJA has been found guilty of First Degree Murder with Aggravators, FGS. It's time she was sentenced and started her incarceration. I am thoroughly disgusted.

MOO

IMO 'Pseudonym' did something hinky with/under Neumeister's direction......now Neumeister is back tracking to get himself out of the MESS....tampering with evidence. He thought Juan could not figure it out with his limited knowledge of computers.

Nuemeister: "hey, I'm only an audio guy"

:liar::behindbar:panic::gasp:

What I found interesting was that BN says that the pc was basically wiped between date of inception and June 1, 2008(probably TA's friend had to format it) but that oooh look here, we found evidence of *advertiser censored* during that time... umm yea, not likely if it had been formatted back to factory conditions(unless someone deliberately added it).

Ocean, I respect your opinions and did not take your response to my post as snarky, at all.

I have not followed many trials- let alone death penalty trials.

The first trial I followed online was CA. What I do recall was how wonderful most watchers felt both of her Judges were, no one loving the sidebars, and most everyone disliking the defense and their underhanded tactics (witnesses and experts). It was certainly frustrating- the entire process- and that was with the sunshine laws (manna from heaven compared to this crazy secrecy).

What I remember also was the fact that many people turned on the Judge when the verdict came down. I believed during the trial there were many times the Judge held the hands of the defense team (way too much, IMO) and was overly cautious (with the idea of avoiding appeal issues- I was actually grateful for that- even though also frustrated).

IMO The Judge in that case was outwardly shocked when he laid eyes on the verdict. I do not for one moment think he agreed with it either.

I do not for one moment think that a woman that was a prosecutor for 20 years and then decided to become a judge, and by all accounts was good at what she did, with a conscience for justice supports this defendant, is anti death penalty or secretly or overtly supporting this defense team.

That's where I stand. I have not much to compare it too- as you now see.

I guess being a restaurant manager for many years has helped me to recognize (maybe a trite analogy on my part- it isn't meant to be- it's what I know) that stuff rolls down hill (I put the defendant at the top of the hill) and that often times the messenger does get shot in the story or the absolute wrong person or people get blamed for something completely outside their control.

I get the idea that much is within J S Stephens control and yet she has failed to control it- and that I can agree with- I do not however agree with the things I mentioned earlier.

I still respect and admire the opinions of all who think otherwise.

Frigga, I always love to read your posts. You are very thoughtful, and you absolutely have a gift for the written word. We all have to remember that this particular judge is probably doing her best. And even if JA had been assigned a different judge, I highly doubt things would be any different. No one has EVER had to deal with a defendant such as JA. She is manipulative and evil, and has read up on THE LAW and she knows her RIGHTS and she is protected. Unfortunately her victim, Travis Alexander had no rights or protection at all. JMO ~

What I found interesting was that BN says that the pc was basically wiped between date of inception and June 1, 2008(probably TA's friend had to format it) but that oooh look here, we found evidence of *advertiser censored* during that time... umm yea, not likely if it had been formatted back to factory conditions(unless someone deliberately added it).

Really? OMG if all this computer stuff turns out to be a huge waste of time you all will be able to hear my screams all the way there in the usa!!

It can take a long time depending on the workload of the court reporter. I'm not saying it would take months and months to get a transcript of 1/2 a day but you're assuming the court reporter from that day (they do occasionally rotate around) has nothing else going on. Now maybe it is all JSS's fault but we don't really know the reason for the delay, only that the transcripts have not yet been released to the media for whatever reason (assuming the transcripts are even done).
I've been around court reporters long enough to know it can be done overnight. Personal experience. If it is requested/ordered from the judge, it will be done when the judge says so. In addition, they work on these transcripts when they get home, overnight. It does not interfere with their court time and they get paid for the additional hours. The person (manager of that department) who assigns the court reporter to the courtroom, will make sure the person has time to complete a transcript, even not having them assigned to a courtroom until it is finished. Bottom line, when a judge wants a transcript, they will get the transcript. The transcript is ready, trust me.

ETA: not that this has anything to do with the courtroom delays.

Another thing I want to whine about, what is up with JW hugging her client's mom in court? That seems way too familiar and unprofessional for my taste.

No. Thankfully, the only precedent set thus far is that the AZ Court of Appeals said no more secret trial.

Thank you for all you do! It can't be said enough. Your input in this case, has been invaluable.

I
The jury doesn't have to sit in court every single day and when there are days off due to whatever excuse, the jurors simply go back to their regular lives. They are not stuck in a hotel somewhere and away from their friends and families. So they have no need to leave the case. They could travel during the holidays as those days were dark, they can work any day they're not in court, their lives are not as impacted as imagined. Every day the defense drags their feet is just another regular day off for jurors. Sure it's probably frustrating to have this going on and on, but remember, they're not sitting on a forum tapping their foot and pulling out their hair. They are going about their own lives and they are only in the courtroom or in the courthouse when there's actually something going on, for the most part (with some exceptions).

<modsnip> They were told they would be done December 18th. There is no end in sight. It's been one delay after another, many have jobs where they probably need to have replacements cover for them on days they aren't there. Then no court happens and what? 2 employees show up to do the job of 1?
They are living right in the middle of this nightmare gong show and I guarantee you they are all very frustrated and not just going about their regular lives like nothing is going on.

Beth has posted Nurmis' Supreme court filings. Some good stuff in them...Alyce reappears!

The words "NURMI" and "SUPREME COURT FILINGS" should never ever appear in the same sentence. :eek: :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee