Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It is like a dark cloud hanging over their heads. What if one has upcoming surgery they want to schedule, or a trip to visit family out of state?

eta--meant to reply to post by NashBridges above

So is Pseudonym going to come to court with a bag over his head so no one can identify him?

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Sure, then Kiefer can do a media interview with him the next day. :gaah:

IF "Pseudo" turns out to be none other than CMJA, he'll need to bring some extra bags to cover her jailhouse clothing ...

As some posters above suggested, it would not surprise me at all IF this "Pseudo" is the killer ... it sounds like she has her pawprints all over this !

:gaah:

If Alyce or any of the people that testified the last time refuse to do so again, then Nurmi can play videos of their previous testimony like COA suggested. He has no excuse.

Jodi has a history of entering TA home without his permission. She told Flores TA does not lock his door. Deanna is a witness to this behavior. She caught Jodi on TA computer when he was out of town. If *advertiser censored* was brought in before JM crosses then Juan can do what he has done in the past. He asks the witness if they are aware of all of the above? If theres anything on the computer then Jodi is responsible for putting it there.

Jodi has a history of entering TA home without his permission. She told Flores TA does not lock his door. Deanna is a witness to this behavior. She caught Jodi on TA computer when he was out of town. If *advertiser censored* was brought in before JM crosses then Juan can do what he has done in the past. He asks the witnes if they are aware of all of the above? If thetes anything on the computer then Jodi is resposible for putting it there.

He doesn't even have to blame JA. I think if regular *advertiser censored* was found, he won't bother disputing it. JA and TA were making their own *advertiser censored*. Who cares if he was looking at it online? If he feels the need to argue the *advertiser censored*, there's no way to prove who exactly accessed the *advertiser censored* on his PC. Could've been the roommates. Maybe Napoleon had a fetish. :p Who knows?

It's a whole nother story if child *advertiser censored* was found. (Which I doubt because we would have heard about it by now.)

Did something change with Twitter? I'm having a miserable time trying to copy any tweets.

:seeya:

I had some problems earlier when I was copying WAT's tweets -- but then it cleared up.

I'm not sure how to explain it -- but I think I know what you mean happened when copying the tweet.

I'll try again later and let you know.

<modsnip> They were told they would be done December 18th. There is no end in sight. It's been one delay after another, many have jobs where they probably need to have replacements cover for them on days they aren't there. Then no court happens and what? 2 employees show up to do the job of 1?
They are living right in the middle of this nightmare gong show and I guarantee you they are all very frustrated and not just going about their regular lives like nothing is going on.

<modsnip>

I didn't insinuate they aren't inconvenienced; go back and read what I wrote. I'm sure they are frustrated with delays, I have said exactly that, but they are able to work on days off, they were able to travel over the holidays if they wanted, so while this is an inconvenience to them and is drawn-out, because they are not sequestered they can (at least) have their lives when they are not in court. It's not perfect, far from it, but somehow they are coping and managing (and probably somewhat better than the spectators who report all kinds of anxiety and hair-pulling and screaming episodes ;) ).

You personally know each and every juror and have spoken to them about their feelings? I'm sure they are frustrated with delays, I have said exactly that, but they are able to work on days off, they were able to travel over the holidays if they wanted, so while this is an inconvenience to them and is drawn-out, because they are not sequestered they can (at least) have their lives when they are not in court. It's not perfect, far from it, but somehow they are coping and managing (and probably somewhat better than the spectators who report all kinds of anxiety and hair-pulling and screaming episodes ;) ).

I agree with you that it is much easier for them, not being sequestered. But maybe that would have made the judge hurry this along a little.

But even though they are free to walk around, and 'kind of' go on as if they were not bound by the regulations of the current trial, they are in fact under certain restrictions. So there are some pressures and annoyances that will only be magnified with time. jmo

I agree with you that it is much easier for them, not being sequestered. But maybe that would have made the judge hurry this along a little.

But even though they are free to walk around, and 'kind of' go on as if they were not bound by the regulations of the current trial, they are in fact under certain restrictions. So there are some pressures and annoyances that will only be magnified with time. jmo

Their restriction is: don't discuss this case with anyone at any time, don't read about the case, don't watch TV shows or news about this case, don't look things up on the Internet about this case, or read or post on social media about this case, don't do research about this case or any aspect about this case, and don't form any opinions until it's time to deliberate with your fellow jurors, you haven't heard all the evidence, blah, blah, blah. I've heard pattern jury instructions in my state and they are very much the same everywhere.

I know it's hard to believe but there are people (and actually millions of them) who don't follow the Arias trial, don't care about the Arias trial, and there are lots of them in the state of AZ too.

AZL - how long will it take the Supreme Court to decide to hear (not sure if that is the right word) the arguments from the DT? Will it be like the CoA, where they set a date weeks later? Thanks...

You personally know each and every juror and have spoken to them about their feelings? I didn't insinuate they aren't inconvenienced; go back and read what I wrote. I'm sure they are frustrated with delays, I have said exactly that, but they are able to work on days off, they were able to travel over the holidays if they wanted, so while this is an inconvenience to them and is drawn-out, because they are not sequestered they can (at least) have their lives when they are not in court. It's not perfect, far from it, but somehow they are coping and managing (and probably somewhat better than the spectators who report all kinds of anxiety and hair-pulling and screaming episodes ;) ).

RBBM: I do believe the members here are not actually pulling out their hair and screaming. They are just venting and using words of frustration on a forum. I wouldn't take everything said so seriously if I were you. :facepalm:

Like no facebook/twitter. Having to censor what you read, what you watch on TV, what you talk about, who you talk to. It all seems like a giant pain in the butt. It would be tolerable and even interesting if the trial was moving alone and keeping them occupied but no, they've had more days filled with delays than actual testimony.

RBBM: I do believe the members here are not actually pulling out their hair and screaming. They are just venting and using words of frustration on a forum. I wouldn't take everything said so seriously if I were you. :facepalm:

You obviously missed the winking smiley I put at the end. In fact you bolded the sentence. Now who's taking things too seriously?

IF "Pseudo" turns out to be none other than CMJA, he'll need to bring some extra bags to cover her jailhouse clothing ...

As some posters above suggested, it would not surprise me at all IF this "Pseudo" is the killer ... it sounds like she has her pawprints all over this !

:gaah:
From the beginning, I said the secret witness was CMJA and I was right. I'm going out on a limb here to say that "Pseudo" is not CMJA. It's a guy based on testimony. JMO

If your world involves going to the Arias threads on Websleuths and other crime forums, going to Arias pages on facebook, following Arias related tweets on Twitter, and talking about Arias 6+ hours out of every day then yes, you are going to be inconvenienced by having to avoid the very thing you've voluntarily made a part of your life. If you were only 'aware' of Arias and then were selected for the jury (as apparently several people were), your existence might not include much about Arias at all and avoiding the Arias subject when away from court might be a welcome change and not as difficult as imagined. Remember this trial is not being televised.

Another thing I want to whine about, what is up with JW hugging her client's mom in court? That seems way too familiar and unprofessional for my taste.

I have not seen JW hugging JA's mother in court. I will take your word for it. IMO, JW was showing some compassion to a mother whose daughter killed a man. I have no problem with it.

ALV is a "defense expert"? The defense should be happy she refused to take the stand again.

Ikr. But Nurmi whines and throw tantrums knowing damn well he could force anyone he wanted to to testify. I don't understand how he thinks he can get away with arguing that the witnesses he wants to call won't testify and how that hurts his case. He makes it sound like he has no other alternative when he actually does! Who cares about what they want? Subpoena them and stop wasting everybody's time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae