Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my only other thought, that Toshiba made the hard drive, but why hasn't that come up before in any of the motions? Totally confused.

I don't find it surprising.

The issues have always been related to the data and activity on the hard disk drive (HDD), not its manufacturer.

Being an internal component, it has little visibility.

I never heard anyone make reference to the laptop's memory manufacturer or its chipsets, processor, optical drive, etc. either.

Many of us can tell you about his Sony camera model number, etc.

Most folks closely following the trial can tell you that TA allegedly used a Compaq Presario laptop.

But what model was it?

I do know that it was supposedly registered to one Deanna Reid.

en's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 36s37 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan's ticked. Nurmi asks how much TA cleaners were used & Smith says there are logs..Juan Objects & we have a sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1m1 minute ago
One of the internet browsers had *advertiser censored* history on it, Smith says. Objection. Martinez asks to approach. #JodiArias

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 2m2 minutes ago
#JodiArias Defense questions data tech if people wanted to cover their tracks -- would they have cleaners. Tech says Yes.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 4m4 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi suggest Travis was trying to clean his tracks...Smith says yes. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 3m3 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
"John Smith" says cleaning programs used on Travis' computer to get rid of *advertiser censored*. #jodiarias

I don't know if this is ok--if not please let me know. But maybe seeing the statement JSS made regarding the "potential damage" in full form might bring more clarity... per BK reporting-

"Judge Stephens: This matter is before the Supreme Court. My concern is that if I release the transcripts, potential damage cannot be undone. Since the response was filed yesterday, I believe the Supreme Court should be given time to review and decide. This court asked that the transcripts of the sealed testimony be prepared so there will be no delay once there is an order. However, because the Supreme Court has had this issue only since Monday and because this issue is so important and can affect the outcome of this case, it is inappropriate to release them. If the Supreme Court does not rule on the stay by next Friday, Jan. 16, the judge will hear additional argument at 8:30 am"

FWIW IMO MOO, etc, this statement by JSS indicates to me that she herself believes that JA should be allowed to testify in secret despite what the COA has said--really believe at this point that she very well may have ignored or defied the COA ruling (and to a certain degree allowed the DT time to appeal to the ASC) because she disagreed with COA findings.

Absolutely! As I suspected, too. This is why she was dragging her feet. This is why she wanted another oral argument when none is needed. This is why she's setting up for another oral argument. All lipservice. All to drag it out. She knows better than the ASC and the law. This is a special case for a super special snowflake. So, in effect, she has been colluding with the DT to keep the transcripts secret. At the very least, helping them along.

How is this before the jury? I thought Judge had to make a ruling on the hearing(s) about whether or not any of this could be admitted. Did she just make a ruling right then and there. . . .very unlike her.

I think defense needs the testimony for Geffner to testify about the *advertiser censored* and from the looks of it there may not be any more witnesses until January 20th.

One thing that stands out is that on June 10, 2008 LE had no reason to believe there was *advertiser censored* on TA's computer nor that it would be an issue. The only person who would have wanted it found would have been JA. jmo

Just got home and I am laughing to keep from crying. Judge Stephens has abdicated all due diligence and responsibility to the supreme court of Arizona. She favors defense, hates Martinez for some reason we are NOT aware of, cannot make a judgment call on ANY matter whatsoever, so she likely advised Nurmi to take it to the supremes so they could decide. Exactly what is JSS doing in the courtroom and why is she allowed to rule over a death penalty case? She must wet her pants every day! Hope4more suggested JSS dug a hole she cannot climb out of. I think she intentionally did this. To allow these dumb witnesses to slander Travis and accuse the prosecutor of misconduct in front of this jury is beneath a judge, who is supposed to rule impartially. So LinasK, you said this whole problem squarely rests with the defense team. You were proven wrong today buddy. This mess is all on the judge. She is the one solely responsible for what's going on. So why am I laughing? Because if I am on the jury, and being played for a fool, JA's getting the DP.

I'm surprised that Pseudonym doesn't have higher academic credentials.
I'm not. He'll probably turn out to be Alyce Laviolette's gardener or mechanic or something. :facepalm:

Uncle. Uncle.

Release avenging angel JA , throw her a thank you parade. Buy Nurmi his own *advertiser censored* shop. Vote JSS judge of the year. Sanction JM for doing his job.

None of that would even trump this farce of a retrial.

How is this before the jury? I thought Judge had to make a ruling on the hearing(s) about whether or not any of this could be admitted. Did she just make a ruling right then and there. . . .very unlike her.

She allowed it because JM illicited no *advertiser censored* testimony from Melendez

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
N- Do we know when the cleaners ran? Juan- Lack of Foundation. Judge- answer yes or no- Nurmi- can u show us -Smith Yes #jodiarias #3tvarias

I completely agree. She just allowed the defense to allege prosecutorial misconduct in front of the jury, when she has failed to rule on that very motion sitting before her! :gaah:

No wait it's okay. She told the jury to disregard it so it's all good. SMH :notgood:

MOO

Well, I no longer think JSS is paralyzed. She's simply gone off the deep end.

Is it even possible for the Supreme Court to issue a ruling that she will adhere to? She should raise her hands in the air and say "I surrender", walk out of court and resign her position. She is a joke.

Jodi downloading *advertiser censored* onto Travis's computer would have just been part of her master plan to frame him and make him look bad, sort of like secretly recording phone conversations without his knowledge. I imagine she planned on using all of it against him when the time came, but her murderous side came out before she could follow through with the extortion scheme.

Of course Jodi and her DT are adamant that there is *advertiser censored* on his computer........Jodi knows that for a fact..........she put it on there herself when he wasn't home.

Maybe yes, maybe no, but for sure NO KIDDIE *advertiser censored*! this is where I lose faith in this judge! WHY is she allowing all of this when it doesn't matter.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 42s42 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Jury is looking all over. Some in distance, some notes, some at Mr. Smith, some Nurmi #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 40s40 seconds ago
Smith now says he found viruses on the computer. #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members