Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BK subscribers:

Is there a sense that Smith “proved” the Mesa PD screwed with the hard drive after the DT got done with it on June 19th? And does BK provide any clarification on the whole “USB” discussion?

TIA

JMO, I'll say what my grand daughter says to me when I have a computer problem (hard or soft).... "Grandma, you need to find a local teenager to help." The point is all these computer EXPERTS aren't doing anything a teen in a local Barnes & Noble couldn't accomplish. The kids understand all the tech language.

Or, if I may revise: I would find it hard to believe that any one would guarantee the results of a product that is designed to be altered on a whim.

Most excellent addition!!!

Initially, way back when Nurmi first brought this misconduct motion, he claimed there were thousands and thousands of *advertiser censored* sites that were found and had been deleted. What happened to that accusation? Are we now just looking at one url, about Siamese Twin *advertiser censored*? Seriously?

You can bet that if the State used this in a death penalty trial, there would be trouble.

Exactly!!! And in my view, therein lies the problem, the State is held to a standard of near perfection, while the Defense can dabble in rubbish to their heart's content.

BK subscribers:

Is there a sense that Smith “proved” the Mesa PD screwed with the hard drive after the DT got done with it on June 19th? And does BK provide any clarification on the whole “USB” discussion?

TIA

In my opinion, during the day Beth really only blogs what's happening. There really are very few of her own opinions thrown in during the day...and when they are, she clearly notes them. In the evening videos is when she tends to give her opinion. So, to answer your question, I feel like it is too early to know what Beth is thinking

This witness says this is his first time testifying in court and it shows. I think he is more used to doing than explaining what he is doing and why. He seems somewhat exasperated at having to explain in simple terms for us "non-experts." What is his job as an expert except to explain it to us? Very frustrating. And that is aside from his "I am an expert and you should just believe me because I know what I'm talking about" line -- which seems to be the defense witness mantra.

That's because they have to scrape the bottom of each barrel before they are able to get an 'expert' in any field....

In my opinion, during the day Beth really only blogs what's happening. There really are very few of her own opinions thrown in during the day...and when they are, she clearly notes them. In the evening videos is when she tends to give her opinion. So, to answer your question, I feel like it is too early to know what Beth is thinking

Thanks much. It's obvious from today's tweets, most of Smith's testimony was over the tweeters' heads.

BK subscribers:

TIA

He just said they "could have". Well sure anything "could have" happened. But he offered not one iota of proof that they "did".

Initially, way back when Nurmi first brought this misconduct motion, he claimed there were thousands and thousands of *advertiser censored* sites that were found and had been deleted. What happened to that accusation? Are we now just looking at one url, about Siamese Twin *advertiser censored*? Seriously?

Seems more like something someone would want to see due to curiosity. Like that one "two girls one cup" horrendous video.

His initial claims have undergone quite an evolution.

Is this witness just for the misconduct claim against Juan?

I worked for Apple back in the day, Steve Jobs didn't have a degree. Nor was a degree expected to work there at that time. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg both dropped out, too.

Exactly!!! And in my view, therein lies the problem, the State is held to a standard of near perfection, while the Defense can dabble in rubbish to their heart's content.

What I wonder is.. Why didn't JSS call in an expert for the court to do an independent analysis of the 2009/2008 images? Or is that not allowed? Seems like that could have a lot of time.

I have no problem with his lack of credentials, I've hired many a developer without them and in a lot of ways they out performed my staff with advanced degrees. They don't get stuck in theory, they solve problems, the joy of discovery if you will. This however is not the reason for my post. The witness said that he prefers autopsy because he can view the source code to verify it. Folks if he can view it he can alter it, which is why a lot of major corporations and government agencies shy away from open source. I would find it hard to believe (I could be very wrong) that any one would guarantee the results of a product that can be altered on a whim.

Very good points, I'd also add that he's a professed alterer of this code and is going by a pseudonym, doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in his testimony.

That's because they have to scrape the bottom of each barrel before they are able to get an 'expert' in any field....

I don't know.

I thought their legal expert, the one from PPL/Legal Shield -- what was his name, Gus Searcy, I believe -- was intriguing.

gussearcymagic_zpsd49bc590.jpg:laughing:

BK subscribers:

TIA

No, I don't think so. Its just as muddled over there. :). She has clearer notes tho that BS says what's there are.not pop up ads- but actual "*advertiser censored* magazines." And that the only viruses he found were those that replaced ads ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes