Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, Good morning :) It's one of those thanks button not working days :( SO thanks everyone for all your posts and all the tweets. God bless Travis and Travis' family. I really really hope we get to hear from Juan Martinez today!!!!!

i thought it was just mine grammie, thanks for the heads up that it happens. sometimes mine works, sometimes it doesnt.

Must have been due to ineffective counsel. :innocent: Those who participated overnight will understand. :angel:

No hold on, now I feel left out like I missed the inside joke. :tantrum:

Plus she doesn't spill carp all over her materials!

I think the water-spilling was purposeful, part of Geffner's affable, clumsy professor schtick. I don't expect he'll be at all combative with JM like Dr. Fonseca so unwisely was.

Is it finally Juan's turn with Dr. G or does Jenny have more questions for him?? It has been a month since Dr. G. last testified.

I don't know - I've lost track.

I popped in over the break to keep an eye out for a new Nurmi stonewall motion, and read the posts. I found I was unable to gather up the mental energy to respond. I'm so sick of this vindictive psychopath/sociopath, and her hypocritical defence team. Just put her away!!

If I’m a juror for a trial where I am going to decide if a person is going to be put to death or spend the rest of their life in prison I don’t want folksy I want professional.

Good Morning everyone. Hoping today is at least somewhat productive and that Juan will have a chance to cross the non-expert witness, and here's hoping the defense hasn't dreamed up more shenanigans to toss at the court.

:seeya:

:tyou::tyou::tyou: to all for B'day Wishes !

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago

I am looking forward to getting back into the #JodiArias courtroom this morning.

Wait.. did I just say that?

Starts at 9:30am MT.

:hilarious::hilarious:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 39m 39 minutes ago

Heading down to #JodiArias courtroom. I will check in with you all soon with hella minutia updates. <3

i thought it was just mine grammie, thanks for the heads up that it happens. sometimes mine works, sometimes it doesnt.

You're welcome :) Sometimes if I hit the refresh button it will work, but after awhile I just tired/lazy and just don't want to do it :/

Geffner edited a book of ALV, that is all I need to know about him even before he opined one word. Juan Martinez thoroughly discredited him the first time. This time, having reversed his opinions on BPD, I almost feel sorry for him, the cross is going to be of biblical proportions. Again to quote my Gram, " He will mop the floor with him".

Geffner was called to the stand to make it appear to the jury that Dr. DeMarte had a VERY poor understanding of her work. It turned out it was Geffner who had his own research all confused, remember the floating profile exchange? It was brutal. Then Dr. Jill Hayes took the stand to say, respectfully......Dr. Geffner didn't even have the correct Dr. he was trying to quote correct. In the end Geffner was just someone the jury laughed at was my take on it. He was the classic hired gun who would seem to say anything for the side that was paying him.
http://youtu.be/Avu_sqipSWo?t=52m45s

All of the above, plus, Dr DeMarte was prepared for her testimony on the stand whereas the defense "experts" failed to bring the needed material/equipment for their testimony. I honestly doubt the jury is going to be impressed with someone being "folksy" when the witness is supposed to be an expert testifying to things of their field of "expertise".

MOO

The thing is, the decision of each juror whether or not to show mercy is entirely subjective and entirely independent of what other jurors believe. Jurors can find mitigation in anything presented, whether listed as a mitigator or not, referred to as mitigating or not.

Ultimately, to show mercy or not is more a matter of the heart than of the mind.

Strip everything else away and jurors are just average people watching and listening to other persons on the stand who are attempting not just to explain, but to convince.

I'm a know- it -all intellectual who appreciates and respects knowledgeable experts in just about any field. DeMarte clicks for me because she is a bird of the same feather. I'm also quite aware that many of my fellow average American citizens can find this kind of bird annoying, irritating, and or presumptuous.

I'm not saying DeMarte can't pull it off. Just saying that in matters of the heart it helps if one connects at an emotional level as well as at the rational.

i am fairly new on this site, and just want to say thanks to everyone for all the great info, and the time you take to post it. i came on yesterday to catch up, and ended up spending hours reading through all the posts. had to literally tell myself " you GOTTA get off here" thanks to all!

:seeya: Hello and :welcome: !

Happy Birthday, dog.gone.cute!

:bdsong:

Websleuths wouldn't be Websleuths without you!

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter · 5m5 minutes ago
#jodiarias penalty phase retrial back 9:30 MST.Dr. Geffner finally returns. Direct should wrap up. Juan will attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper