Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't JSS to speak to the jurors about the trial going into Feb.? oy vey.

I have faith that not one juror will find anything redeeming about her. She's incapable of expressing genuine remorse, and the jurors would all have to be brain dead to miss the fact that her entire mitigation case has been about blaming the man she slaughtered for his own death.

But at the same time, I still think voting for DP is much easier in theory than it is in reality. Imagine the pressure you must feel in your heart if 11 people are positive they are a Yes and you are wavering. Not just the pressure from the other 11, but the pressure of knowing you are the deciding vote for whether a person (in theory anyway) lives or dies.

As there was some discussion on the other day, there are killers where it would be a lot easier to choose death than it might be in this case.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 4m 4 minutes ago

In the courtroom at the #JodiArais trial. Willmott and Geffner just waltzed in. It was so nice to see Dennis the cameraman this morning!!!

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Geffner in a light gray suit. Looks chipper and has a coffee in his hand. #JodiArias

:gaah: Don't spill the coffee, Geff !

Nurmi just arrived. Tapioca suit, light blueberry almost seafoam green shirt. He is candy crushin'. #JodiArias

Judge Stephens is hearing other cases at the moment. #JodiArias

Could someone direct me to the specific poster that keeps track of the hours of testimony each day? I am curious how many hours we have actually had in Jan. Thanks in Advance.

I have faith that not one juror will find anything redeeming about her. She's incapable of expressing genuine remorse, and the jurors would all have to be brain dead to miss the fact that her entire mitigation case has been about blaming the man she slaughtered for his own death.

rbbm
The whole defense strategy escapes me, except for their delaying tactics.

If Geffner is carrying coffee, people within "Gallagher" range need to beware!

What 'hearing' is cancelled today? Does that mean testimony or something with this DT nonsense? I'm confused!

There had been a hearing scheduled for today, either about releasing the transcripts or more arguing about the hard drive, but rulings the past two weeks made the hearing unnecessary. I was trying to find when it was originally scheduled in the minutes but went back to early Dec. and couldn't find it. Today's trial testimony is still on, that minute entry was awkwardly worded.

rbbm
The whole defense strategy escapes me, except for their delaying tactics.

If JA had gotten on the stand, crying and pleading for her life, this circus would be over and she would probably have gotten LWOP which is what it seems she wants.

I guess even pretending to have remorse over slaughtering TA was too much to save her own life.

There had been a hearing scheduled for today, either about releasing the transcripts or more arguing about the hard drive, but rulings the past two weeks made the hearing unnecessary. I was trying to find when it was originally scheduled in the minutes btu went back to early Dec. and couldn't find it. Today's trial testimony is still on, that minute entry was awkwardly worded.

I bet it was related to BN - the stuff he was giving testiphony about is now moot it seems to me.

There had been a hearing scheduled for today, either about releasing the transcripts or more arguing about the hard drive, but rulings the past two weeks made the hearing unnecessary. I was trying to find when it was originally scheduled in the minutes but went back to early Dec. and couldn't find it. Today's trial testimony is still on, that minute entry was awkwardly worded.

Thank you for clarifying!

:seeya:

More :tyou::tyou::tyou: to all for the B'Day wishes !

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

@TrialDiariesJ: Geffner is here and he got a haircut too. It was a blue light special at the barber shop! #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi got a haircut! He must of read the Twitter feeds lol #jodiarias

But at the same time, I still think voting for DP is much easier in theory than it is in reality. Imagine the pressure you must feel in your heart if 11 people are positive they are a Yes and you are wavering. Not just the pressure from the other 11, but the pressure of knowing you are the deciding vote for whether a person (in theory anyway) lives or dies.

As there was some discussion on the other day, there are killers where it would be a lot easier to choose death than it might be in this case.

Not for me. A mass murderer/serial killer? Is one life of less value than several? First killing? Same answer as previous. Sex crime? Did Arias not use sex prior to the killing?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Willmott is on another case at the moment doing double duty. #JodiArias

:gaah:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 33s 34 seconds ago

I am hoping Dennis the cameraman has candies for us all today. #JodiArias

:hilarious:

Happy bday DGC [emoji322][emoji322][emoji320][emoji146]

Could someone direct me to the specific poster that keeps track of the hours of testimony each day? I am curious how many hours we have actually had in Jan. Thanks in Advance.

That would be me. I didn't get the times for 1/14 down so I have to go back and try and decipher those hours.

here is Jan so far:

Jurors present 69 hrs in 9 weeks of trial (more than ¼ total hours happened last week of December!)

1/5/2015 9am start but jurors sent home @ 9:30 without entering (hearing @ 4 re: KN motion to Supreme court filed today on secret witness testimony. (Geffner not present) Hearing scheduled 8:30 on 1/8 or 1/9 depending on Bodney schedule
1/8/2015 9:30 – 11:00 & 1:45 - 4:30 Pseudonym/John Smith – Computer expert (4hr)
1/12/15 8:30 – 9:30 & 10:00 – 10:50 & 12:40 – 1:00 (2:10h) Flores
1/14/15 9:05 -

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Had I known the Geffner was taking the stand again I would have brought my bottle of westcoast turnarounds. Zzzz #JodiArias

:hilarious::hilarious: !

Thanks, I was a little worried about it. Very awkwardly worded indeed.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 13s 13 seconds ago

Willmott and Geffner are jibble jabbling. Nurmi also joined in the fun just now. Huddle. Go team go! #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08