Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh, Jodi is now allowed to be in on the interview with Abe per Beth

SMH, SMH...

And Nurmi object to having Travis family in on it...OVERRULED..they can from the other room feed.

She is going to give Abe the stink eye. LOL Can't wait until he can give another interview.

I will be mighty disappointed if Judge doesn't allow Abe to rebut the good little Mormon schtick the defense has put out. That doesn't really seem fair. The state should be able to present who Jodi really was. Maybe he can be vague about it. Hoping.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 25s26 seconds ago
Because of lack of time to intv witness, JA is asking to be present while defense interviews witness. #jodiarias

KN: Given the late disclosure and the lack of time to investigate this witness, JA is asking to be present during the interview with this witness.

of course she does LOL

Travis did talk about wanting to tie her to a tree and have that sort of sex with her. I don't remember whether he mentioned it anywhere else. I think Arias is exaggerating about several aspects of their sexual fling. That's all it was--a fling. It wasn't an earth-shattering sexual relationship. It sure wasn't love. It was just a little fling.

He did say those things in the phone sex call...but that's phone sex. That is exactly the type of thing that many people say during phone sex. Not everyone does, of course, but most people participating in phone sex say things that in real life they do not do and I would bet most wouldn't even want to. No one can speak for everyone but the whole idea behind phone sex is for people to fantasize--to say and imagine things. Reality is probably that they both enjoyed talking like that, teasing, role playing...even something like him saying she should be in a French maid's costume was probably said in that vein, i.e., not serious but simply verbal role play. IMO.

I am hoping the jurors' minds are open enough that they can understand this because IMO only a very small mind could hear a taped phone call like that one between JA and TA and see it as irrefutable evidence that TA was a mean, sexually domineering brute who took advantage of JA at every turn.

OK, there are several ways this can go.

A. Jodi gets back on the stand and continues her testimony, including cross.

B. Jodi refuses to continue her testimony.

1. JSS could have JM cross-examine her (because she's waived her right to remain silent as to the issues on which she's already testified) and tell the jury that if she refuses to respond they may assume she agrees with what JM says. IMO this will not happen because no one has the cojones to suggest it lol.

2. JM could agree to let her testimony stand and "cross-examine" through video snippets from JA's prior testimony. This is possible.

3. JM could agree to let her testimony stand and just comment in closing on whatever she said--e.g., her testimony was inconsistent, no real expression of remorse, no serious mitigation, etc. This is possible.

4. JSS could agree to treat the testimony as allocution and re-instruct the jury that they are permitted to consider that it was not given subject to cross-examination. This is possible.

5. JM could ask for the testimony to be stricken from the record, and indeed, in one of the sidebars released today, that's what he said would have to be done. IMO this is the most likely result if JA refuses to continue, but is a poor strategic choice on the part of JM as he then can't comment on the testimony in closing.

To refresh our memories!
Now I understand why JM didn't move to strike.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 1m1 minute ago
State v #JodiArias is at recess until 11:30am.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 44s44 seconds ago
State will not move to strike the testimony given so far. Judge says #jodiarias will allocute to jury later.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi doesn't want any mention to Jury that #jodiarias will not finish her testimony.
And no mention to jury? Aren't they going to be so confused?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 8s 9 seconds ago

Judge says it will probably be about an hour before we start today thanks to the interview the defense wants with Abe. #JodiArias

:drumroll: Surprise Surprise ... NOT !

Meaning the DT will drag this out till lunchtime at the very least.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 1m1 minute ago

#jodiarias will not complete her testimony, she tells the judge she wants to, but can't because of reasons given in chambers.
----

Secret reasons for secret testimony. :facepalm:

RBBM:

JA is up to something ... she is the queen of "sneakiness" ... she is up to no good, her and her unethical DT !

:gaah:

Did they bring in ANY truly mitigating evidence? Anything at all to show remorse, regret, and a change of heart? Anything to show the world would be a better place if she was in it?

To quote the defendant herself: nay.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Nurmi says due to late disclosure and lack of time with the witness. #JodiArias wants to be present during interview.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 39s 40 seconds ago

Judge will close the courtroom, defense can conduct interview with #JodiArias present.

Nurmi doesn't want TA fam present.

:gaah:

JSS shutting down the courtroom AGAIN for the murderer !

I know, it's for a witness interview, but still, this has gone beyond ridiculous !

:moo:

Why should Jodi get to be there to intimidate Abe, but Travis's family can't be there???

So we have an hour to process all of that. lol

Now Nurmi knows what it feels like to have someone testify that he didn't have time to interview/prepare for, kinda like he did to JM with all of the hard drive stuff. Not too comfy a feeling, eh Nurmi?

IMO to Nurmi it's all strategy and a ploy. Feelings don't enter into it.

If JA thinks she can intimidate Abe by being there, or vamp him by flashing pink undies, she is sooooooo mistaken.

Am loving the scent of fear in the air.

The COA has already ruled the DT can present mitigation without hearing a single word from her. And that she wasn't denied squat by the media being allowed in.

I think JSS offered to move the media to another room during JA's testimony. But even that wasn't acceptable to her.

Why should Jodi get to be there to intimidate Abe, but Travis's family can't be there???

:seeya: I agree -- but it looks like Juan took care of it and Travis' Family will be there -- as they should !

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member