Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this was the worst possible thing she (JA) could have chosen. She has to try to cover all of the lies that are about to be undone and look like a poor innocent waif without pissing off the jury. JM is wise to allow her last sit on the hot seat to stand. She gets one last shot at it and there's no way her ego won't take over. By the time she starts to speak the jury will have heard from the State's witnesses and she'll be transparent in her lies. JM knew that he can't unring the bells she rang this last time so he's leaving the jury to wonder why she never finished part one.
There's no way Ms Arias can talk her way out of this one. She'll only make it worse on herself.

Did they bring in ANY truly mitigating evidence? Anything at all to show remorse, regret, and a change of heart? Anything to show the world would be a better place if she was in it?

No.

That's all I've got.

Knew it!!!! This girl may crave the limelight but what she craves more is a chance to demonize Travis and torment his family once more. I think she really believes that she will get a new trial.

She absolutely believes that IMO. Which is why she will not show remorse for a crime that she insists she HAD to commit and why she had started her "appeals" case with the PI before this one has even wrapped up. She will say that she's sorry that it had to come to this, she loved Travis and wishes that day had gone differently, but she will not admit that she did this because of any mental disorder that had her premeditate the murder of a defenseless man. It took her about 3 tries to get the story she wanted to go with and now she's sticking to it, even if the details shift a little since the lies are hard to keep straight. And she WILL be vindicated and set free in her mind and in the mind of her minions.

It'll keep her going in prison, but hopefully it will be on death row where her "running of her empire" can be kept to a minimum.

MOO

Nope, none. She will get up there and try to look remorseful, but will probably continue to trash Travis instead of beg for her life. IMO-she doesn't have it in her to show remorse because she can't actually feel it. The lack of emotion, remorse, regret will clearly stand out to the jury. She won't even be able to fake it, should have been practicing all along.
She can't show remorse for killing Travis because that would mean she was wrong to kill him. In her mind, she can't be wrong. It's almost like suicide for her, admitting that she has no excuse.

Put her up there and ask a couple pointed questions about how she is going to live in a little cage for the rest of whatever life she has, never to enjoy sunshine, scenery, good food and company again... she'll come up with a huge emotional response.

What is this about a letter and Abe? All I remember is about her telling him about her magic underwear. Bleh!

a simple argument-the CONSTITUTION requires that the family can be there if JA is. It's just ridiculous, this continued pretense that the constitution doesn't apply to Jodi. A good judge would have put a stop to this long ago. I just don't think the family should be treated as "less than"-they have already been through way more than anyone should be. Victims rights are enshrined in the AZ constitution for a reason and they should not be casually set aside to accommodate a killer.

I think boytwnmom, that at this point JM is conceding these things just to get the trial over with. He said before the COA that the family opposed the stay because they too want this over with already. This trial has been draining for me and I'm at home in my PJ's chilling most of the time. I assume he rather accepted that silly request than spend his time arguing with the DT.

Spare us.

We've already seen your allocution:

[video=youtube;TBvFbBecmDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvFbBecmDk[/video]

It's going to be one interesting day! I'm so glad the defense rested and that Juan is not fighting to exclude her prior testiphoney. Juan doesn't sweat the small stuff, and that's about all those pages added up to be.

Today will be a little slap-a-face ala whack-a-mole game as the prosecution puts to rest the lies told on behalf of the almost-sentenced murderer.

How can it take one hour to ask honest Abe about a single email he never received? Would think a yes or no would about wrap it up.

LOL. Just think how many years it has been since she has been that close to a man (other than Nurmi). LOL. She will be working it as best she can.

I'm sure she "works it" on a daily basis on the male guards at the jail. And will do so in prison as well.

MOO

a simple argument-the CONSTITUTION requires that the family can be there if JA is. It's just ridiculous, this continued pretense that the constitution doesn't apply to Jodi. A good judge would have put a stop to this long ago. I just don't think the family should be treated as "less than"-they have already been through way more than anyone should be. Victims rights are enshrined in the AZ constitution for a reason and they should not be casually set aside to accommodate a killer.

I agree totally. But JA got JSS to set aside the constitution of the US for her. It's because of that that I don't think that this would've been a simple argument. Nothing surprises me anymore. It's a disgrace.

a simple argument-the CONSTITUTION requires that the family can be there if JA is.

It's just ridiculous, this continued pretense that the constitution doesn't apply to Jodi.

A good judge would have put a stop to this long ago.

I just don't think the family should be treated as "less than"-they have already been through way more than anyone should be.

Victims rights are enshrined in the AZ constitution for a reason and they should not be casually set aside to accommodate a killer.

BBM: AMEN AMEN !

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:

Boytwn- shouldnt Juan be able to have Abe talk about how sexual Jodi was with him, all while she was complaining about Travis flirting with other women and vilifying him for being sexual with other women? Isn't that exactly what Juan should be able to say???

I'm sure she "works it" on a daily basis on the male guards at the jail. And will do so in prison as well.

MOO

Perhaps she'll meet Large Marge this Valentines Day at Perryville :jail:

I'd like to see trials of this caliber judged by judges, not by everyday people.

But then we would have to amend the 6th amendment to say that you have a right to a jury trial except if your life is on the line.

Wonder what Juan's strategy is? Let her hang herself with her own words???

Yes! I knew he would think better of his motion to strike once he had a chance to imagine the fun he could have "crossing" with her prior testimony or just ridiculing her "remorse" in closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState