Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 30s30 seconds ago
Detective Smith is ready to testify for the State. Nurmi says he wasn't told about him. #jodiarias

So, the defense can call Travis a pedo with no evidence but a real life witness is actually there and wants to testify to something and can't because it's too prejudicial?

Wow

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 10s11 seconds ago
"It's more prejudicial than probative" says JSS about "magic panties" statement. But all is fair game to be said about Travis. #jodiarias

How can the truth ever be prejudicial? :sigh:

Or maybe Nurmi will say something that opens the door.

The important thing here to me is manipulative part, not the sluttiness. The jury will have a chance to figure out the latter if they haven't already.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 42s42 seconds ago
Just when you think we are making some progress, we digress. Another sidebar. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 21s 22 seconds ago
Nurmi says the State is "sandbagging" them and Judge tells counsel to approach #jodiarias #3tvarias

Nurmi. Your turn is over. Sit down, stop whining, and STFU.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 31s31 seconds ago
Stephens suggests he interview Smith at day's end, but Nurmi says since testimony will be hi-tech, he has to consult with own experts first.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 30s30 seconds ago
Detective Smith is ready to testify for the State. Nurmi says he wasn't told about him. #jodiarias

They are just lying. They know he would be testifying after they called their own computer expert. This is not a surprise.

What are the doing right now?

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 2m2 minutes ago
Nurmi: What JM said is nonsensical, credibility is not an issue in mitigation-cant b an all out assault on her #JodiArias

Here is my hope for the future. That Nurmi gets his wish and he and Wilmott are scrutinized FOR YEARS for this trial and what a couple of jokers they are for attorneys. That and that they either don't get any more clients or they never win any cases in the future. That's ALL they have been doing in this mitigation is assaulting Travis again and again and again. It's Jodi's turn now.

Get control of your damn courtroom Sherry Stephens. What do you think about the poor jurors for christ sake.

Hi KPinMN , how about Buggy? LOL. that's what us old timers call a pram~ hey they were nice!!:loveyou:

From Jeff Gold/Gold Patrol:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 16m 16 minutes ago

#jodiarias Abe is testifying. Says he has blogged, Tweeted, and given interviews about the trial.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 15m 15 minutes ago

#jodiarias Abe says that Jodi was experimenting with Mormonism. He thought she was trying to manipulate Travis.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 14m 14 minutes ago

#jodiarias incident that Nurmi wants precluded is one in which Abe put his hands down jodi’s pants and touched her thong.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 14m 14 minutes ago

#jodiarias Jodi told Abe that there was magic in there.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 12m 12 minutes ago

#jodiarias telephoned Abe and instructed him to lie about any touching between them should Travis ever ask.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 11m 11 minutes ago

#jodiarias the touching incident happened AFTER Jodi was baptized.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 9m 9 minutes ago

#jodiarias Judge wants to know why it’s important to ask Abe about being told to lie by Jodi. Juan wants to show Jodi’s lack of credibility.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 8m 8 minutes ago

#jodiarias They are still arguing at this point. Not testifying.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 9h9 hours ago
#jodiarias & her "experts" can scream PEDOPHILIA from the rooftops w/ZERO PROOF & that's ok by JSS. But not #jodiarias' promiscuity.

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 2m2 minutes ago
In the middle of the legal arguments JSS asked attys approach..why? they can continue to argue with an audience, won't hurt them #jodiArias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 17s17 seconds ago
#jodiarias & her "experts" can scream PEDOPHILIA from the rooftops w/ZERO PROOF & that's ok by JSS. But not #jodiarias' promiscuity.

NOTE from Beth: The jurors haven't been in the courtroom yet. When they finally get here, the defense rest their case in chief in open court. The State's rebuttal case should begin with Abe Abdlehadi then Deanna Reid. The State's other witnesses include Bishop Parker who's flying into Phoenix tonight, Det. Perry Smith, and Janeen DeMarte.

I just got home from school and trying to finish my paper before kids get off the bus. I couldn't help myself to get on here and see if the defense rested. Can somebody please please with cherry on top get me up to date on what's happened today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89