Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this all just one big game to the killer?

Her life and death Super Bowl perhaps?

Make no mistake. Arias is a competitor.

Losing is unacceptable.

JA is the player/coach of her team. She's the head coach, in fact.

It's Super Bowl week in Phoenix and there's speculation that Arias may order herself off the bench and into the game.

Two seconds remain on the clock and JA's team ison offense. We're nearing the end of regulation with time for one last play.

She's been preparing for this moment for the last six and a half years. Clearly, Arias wants the ball.

She can't risk a fumble, an incomplete pass, or an interception. She trusts only herself.

Using their final timeout, surrounded by her assistant coaches and veteran 'expert' players, Arias draws up a Hail Mary pass play. She calls for a throw deep downfield, straight to the end zone. She could come off the bench, into the huddle, line up on the far side of the formation, sprint down the sideline and be in position to attempt the circus catch.

She can see herself scoring that touchdown. She can taste it. Arias just knows that she'll pull the ball down, control it, and maintain possession for the score.

But in the first three-plus quarters of the game JA has also proven herself prone to fumbling the ball, and to underestimating her opposing cornerback's capabilities. Now she's facing him again, and in the biggest game of her life.

And there's one other problem for JA's team.

The stadium is having technical difficulties with the scoreboard. She and her assistants know they're trailing, but they don't know for certain how far behind they are.

Unsure of the exact score, does she risk inserting herself into the game, and perhaps fumbling the ball again as she has repeatedly in the first three and a half quarters?

The team is in field goal range, but is the game even winnable at this point? Or do they trail by nine or more?

The worst case is that the other team recovers her fumble and returns it for a touchdown and the possible win.

Recalling her fumble-prone stone hands, her assistant coaches are pleading with her to stay on the bench. They're begging Arias not to put herself in the game.

As sure as JA is that she can win this one,knowing her less-than-reliable play-calling, her poor judgment, and seeming unwillingness to secure the ball at times, her assistant coaching staff are even more certain that it isn't worth the risk.

But she can't make herself sit still on that bench. She fidgets.

Look, there on the sideline...

Is she strapping on her helmet?

I honestly think the death penalty choice is going to come down to two things: 1) Jodi being a female 2) her appearance and the way she talks. If we had a fat, rough-looking, tough-talking redneck Jodi, she would have already been given the death penalty. But she is thin and decent-looking. She talks in a sweet voice except when Juan gets her upset. You can't make me believe that she didn't verbally and emotionally abuse Travis. You don't think she was screaming at Travis when Dan Freeman took the items out of her backpack or when she saw the texts on his phone? She looks and acts like a normal nice person WHEN THE JURY IS AROUND. That's what scares me. The only things the jurors know about Travis is what they have heard in court--mostly lies from the defense team. I wish they were allowed to read Travis's book or watch some of his videos.

Good morning fellow sleuthers! Wow... what a day yesterday was- a very long one- finally but stressful too. The utter bashing of Travis, again, by Wilmott and Geff just really got to me. I was very happy with the juror questions so that lifted my spirit.

I hope she does take the stand so Juan can cross examine and the real Jodi can be revealed to the jury- not the defense version. There is a big difference and it is obvious, I think it would seal her fate. I think we are pretty close- even now.

Does court supposedly start at 10:00 AZ time?

One thing I noticed about one of the juror questions that's been bugging me, and maybe for no good reason, was in the question about the email/text from Travis where he calls her pure evil, and whether or not it's mentioned in her journal. The juror question referred to it as 2007, but it was 2008. In May. Mere weeks before she killed him:(

Maybe it was just a typo, but if not, hopefully the date will be cleared up for them.

Q: @TrialDiariesJ: Were the 2007 IM messages in her journal where he is calling her pure evil?
A: Geff- I can't remember #jodiarias #3tvarias

That's an easy one for Juan to clear up...

Will the jury consider why her mom and dad, sisters and brothers won't beg for her life ?????

Anyone know if Ziggy is going to court today? I can't remember if she said she would be there.

Another question for AZL. Geff managed to slip in that MM saw her bruised and told her to get a restraining order. I'm assuming he's basing that on what JA told him, not on affadavit testimony. You've said that JM can cast doubt on affadavit testimony by asking the jury to consider why those folks didn't testify in court.

What options does he have to challenge JA's assertions about MM if she doesn't repeat this lie in testimony or allocution?

Losing is unacceptable.

It's Super Bowl week in Phoenix and there'sspeculation that Arias may order herself off the bench and into the game.

Two seconds remain on the clock and JA's team ison offense. We're nearing the end of regulation with time for one last play.

She's been preparing for this moment for thelast six and a half years. Clearly, Arias wants the ball.

She can't risk a fumble, an incomplete pass, oran interception. She trusts only herself.

Using their final timeout, surrounded by herassistant coaches and veteran 'expert' players, Arias draws up a Hail Mary passplay. She calls for a throw deep downfield, straight to the end zone. She couldcome off the bench, into the huddle, line up on the far side of the formation,sprint down the sideline and be in position to attempt the circus catch.

She can see herself scoring that touchdown. Shecan taste it. Arias just knows that she'll pull the ball down, control it, andmaintain possession for the score.

But in the first three-plus quarters of the gameJA has also proven herself prone to fumbling the ball, and to underestimatingher opposing cornerback's capabilities. Now she's facing him again, and in thebiggest game of her life.

The stadium is having technical difficultieswith the scoreboard. She and her assistants know they're trailing, but theydon't know for certain how far behind they are.

Unsure of the exact score, does she riskinserting herself into the game, and perhaps fumbling the ball again as she hasrepeatedly in the first three and a half quarters?

The team is in field goal range, but is the gameeven winnable at this point? Or do they trail by nine or more?

The worst case is that the other team recoversher fumble and returns it for a touchdown and the possible win.

Recalling her fumble-prone stone hands, her assistant coachesare pleading with her to stay on the bench. They're begging Arias not to putherself in the game.

As sure as JA is that she can win this one,knowing her less-than-reliable play-calling, her poor judgment, and seemingunwillingness to secure the ball at times, her assistant coaching staff areeven more certain that it isn't worth the risk.

But she can't make herself sit still on thatbench. She fidgets.

Is she strapping on her helmet
?

She already has her helmet on. She now appears to be deflating the ball.

Sorry Pats fans. I had to go there.

Will the jury consider why her mom and dad, sisters and brothers won't beg for her life ?????

If I were a juror this is something, right or wrong as per jury instructions, that would give me great pause. I couldn't help but wonder why no family members have come to speak on her behalf (although I could see how some could think her parents refused b/c they were pissed either that she told on them or lied about them), and why those that have elected to do so gave an affadavit rather than come in person.

One thing I noticed about one of the juror questions that's been bugging me, and maybe for no good reason, was in the question about the email/text from Travis where he calls her pure evil, and whether or not it's mentioned in her journal. The juror question referred to it as 2007, but it was 2008. In May. Mere weeks before she killed him:(

Maybe it was just a typo, but if not, hopefully the date will be cleared up for them.

Q: @TrialDiariesJ: Were the 2007 IM messages in her journal where he is calling her pure evil?
A: Geff- I can't remember #jodiarias #3tvarias

I bet Fonseca and Geffner could quote that May 08 IM by heart, given as much minute dissection and attention each word received in their direct testimony. If "ad nauseam" ever fit anything, it fits that IM in this trial.

The juror could have asked that to see if Geff knew the year perhaps? Like Juan is so precise on dates and times. Maybe they were checking to see if Geff knew the year? Just a thought.

All it takes is another William Zervakos who said in interviews that Jodi Arias was a perfectly normal 27 yo woman living a perfectly normal life until she met Travis Alexander and her life spiraled downhill. I hope her July 28 letter shows this jury that, even if JA is mentally ill, she poses too much of a danger to other inmates to be allowed to live among them.

Two things are clear now I believe:
- If anyone doesn't vote for death they were not going to vote for death no matter what. Whether they were a stealth juror like WZ or whether when it came down to it they know they should but just can't doesn't really matter. The defense case here was even worse than in the original trial.
- Regardless of whether LWOP and LWP amount to effectively the same thing, I think there is now zero doubt that JSS would sentence her to LWOP if the jury isn't 12/12.

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi is here wearing an ugly green patterned tie once again winning the award 4 worst ties ever. He may have 2 file a motion & go shopping

@TrialDiariesJ: Pretty quiet in here while we wait for Judge Stephens to finish up morning calendar #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Willmott is here in royal blue and Juan is here in light grey suit and black tie #JuansTieReport #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi is here wearing an ugly green patterned tie once again winning the award 4 worst ties ever. He may have 2 file a motion & go shopping

Losing is unacceptable.

It's Super Bowl week in Phoenix and there's speculation that Arias may order herself off the bench and into the game.

She's been preparing for this moment for the last six and a half years. Clearly, Arias wants the ball.

She can't risk a fumble, an incomplete pass, or an interception. She trusts only herself.

Using their final timeout, surrounded by her assistant coaches and veteran 'expert' players, Arias draws up a Hail Mary pass play. She calls for a throw deep downfield, straight to the end zone. She could come off the bench, into the huddle, line up on the far side of the formation, sprint down the sideline and be in position to attempt the circus catch.

She can see herself scoring that touchdown. She can taste it. Arias just knows that she'll pull the ball down, control it, and maintain possession for the score.

But in the first three-plus quarters of the game JA has also proven herself prone to fumbling the ball, and to underestimating her opposing cornerback's capabilities. Now she's facing him again, and in the biggest game of her life.

The stadium is having technical difficulties with the scoreboard. She and her assistants know they're trailing, but they don't know for certain how far behind they are.

Unsure of the exact score, does she risk inserting herself into the game, and perhaps fumbling the ball again as she has repeatedly in the first three and a half quarters?

The team is in field goal range, but is the game even winnable at this point? Or do they trail by nine or more?

The worst case is that the other team recovers her fumble and returns it for a touchdown and the possible win.

Recalling her fumble-prone stone hands, her assistant coaches are pleading with her to stay on the bench. They're begging Arias not to put herself in the game.

As sure as JA is that she can win this one,knowing her less-than-reliable play-calling, her poor judgment, and seeming unwillingness to secure the ball at times, her assistant coaching staff are even more certain that it isn't worth the risk.

But she can't make herself sit still on that bench. She fidgets.

Is she strapping on her helmet?

BRILLIANTT!!!!! You've outdone yourself, "TD". Bravo!

So if we only have CMJA word on it, how do we know that she and TA actually had anal sex or any of the proclivities she testified to? I am now wondering if she sought to paint a picture of sodomy to perpetuate her pedophile story. Anyone else?

I am hoping that the judicial system will be changed.....hired guns, jury consultants and defense attorneys who are able to step on the constitution have ruined the system. It is not working like it was intended. I would like to see death penalty trials held under a severe scrutiny.. This trial is a travesty along with several others in the past few years. Many people are making huge amounts of money on these trials but justice is not always served....IMO
I do not post much but have been a member of the site since 2010 and have really enjoy the posts.

- If anyone doesn't vote for death they were not going to vote for death no matter what. Whether they were a stealth juror like WZ or whether when it came down to it they know they should but just can't doesn't really matter. The defense case here was even worse than in the original trial.
- Regardless of whether LWOP and LWP amount to effectively the same thing, I think there is now zero doubt that JSS would sentence her to LWOP if the jury isn't 12/12.

You know bsk, I think sometimes jurors don't make the hard decision of sentencing someone to death because they know that the DP system in most states is sooo flooded with appeals, expanded rights for the accused, and anti-DP advocates that it is unlikely the person will ever be put to death anyway. Of course, except in Texas.

That's my exact thoughts too. If we don't get the DP after the brutal case they put on and the reading of the letter to the family, they were never gonna all vote death period. I've never doubed that JSS will give her LWOP. There really is no other choice as far as I'm concerned.

So if we only have CMJA word on it, how do we know that she and TA actually had anal sex or any of the proclivities she testified to? I am now wondering if she sought to paint a picture of sodomy to perpetuate her pedophile story. Anyone else?

Well based on those awful photos of CMJA I'd say there was anal :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member