DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 47s 48 seconds ago

Stephens appears to be reading the case law on her computer. #jodiarias

:seeya: Geevee,

I see you got MK ... it seems like afternoon WAT is back ... so I'll go back to WAT.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 27s 28 seconds ago
Nurmi is wanting Judge to consider some of this info is irrelevant and prejudicial to JA character and her mitigation #jodiarias #3tvarias

Reading over at BK, I get the feeling that the question at hand comes from a doctor's notes (work privilege) about the aggressiveness stuff. Nurmi is fighting it tooth and nail.

Saw BK note on this too. IMO she was just guessing the content based on this subject being discussed immediately prior to JM 's introduction of WP evidence.

A shout out to all of our 180 guests and lurking members!

Hello and welcome!

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi repeats the clause about relentless assault on the defendant's character during mitigation rebuttal.
---

LOL Now JA's own answers to test questions are an assault on her character, this is so rich.

I don't understand the "too prejudicial to be admitted" standard. Does it mean that on a scale the possible harm to the defendant of the info outweighs the evidentiary value of it? I think JSS has kept out too much detrimental but truthful info re JA, but maybe she has no choice.

JD leaves court. KN says there will be a limitless assault on JA's character is JD is allowed to repeat a statement that JA "is a total *****." That is just name-calling.

What did they do to Travis? wasn't that name calling? and if the shoe fits,

This is what Alyce has listed on her website. she ain't no doctor

Anger Management, Domestic Violence Counseling for Survivors and Perpetrators,
Gender Issues, and Expert Witness[/QUOTE]

Yes- we knew this, already. The expert part, however, is in grave dispute!

Nurmi is wanting Judge to consider some of this info is irrelevant and prejudicial to JA character and her mitigation #jodiarias #3tvarias

Let it in!!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 29s 29 seconds ago
Nurmi again asks DeMarte to leave and Judge asks DeMarte to step out while very agitated #jodiarias #3tvarias

That is what I don't understand. This is the sentencing phase not the guilt phase.

Nothing should be too prejudicial because she has already been convicted.

In every other death penalty case I have seen the DA gets to bring everything in.

Nurmi says DeMarte is relying on name-calling. Martinez repeats a quote that #jodiarias was snide and a total ***** at family reunions.

Squeezing cat, etc.?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 4m 4 minutes ago

After long sidebar re: Dr. tests Qs Nurmi wasn't comfortable w/Jury asked to leave room. Dr gets off stand and sits on family row #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3m 3 minutes ago

Nurmi wants Dr. De to leave the room completely. Judge has yet to respond to him. #jodiarias

JM consults at side of room w/Dr. De, he doesn't seem to be concerned. Dr. De reads over a piece of evidence as he walks away. #jodiarias

Room is silent. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

JSS reads outloud rule re: witnesses harming character of defendant. Nurmi insists again that Dr. De leave. JSS allows. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Dr. De leaves. Nurmi calls Dr. De's testimony an assault on #jodiarias' character. Nurmi says Dr. De calls JA a "total *****"

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 33s 34 seconds ago

Juan argues a cousin named Amy ACTUALLY said #JodiArias was "a total *****." Was snotty and sarcastic.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 22 seconds ago
This has to do with someone calling Jodi "a total *****" #jodiarias #3tvarias

oh dear god,we've all called her worse. poor freaking jodi

Nurmi repeats the clause about relentless assault on the defendant's character during mitigation rebuttal.
---

LOL Now JA's own answers to test questions are an assault on her character, this is so rich.

Oh my goodness! This is rich!!! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members