Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing Dr. DeM something that says privileged atty work product - she says she presumes she got that from the defense. Then he shows her a redacted version. Nurmi wants to approach as JM attempts to move these into evidence.

Why does Kiefer think ALV is the "female psychologist." IIRC, ALV is not a psychologist, is she?

This is what Alyce has listed on her website. she ain't no doctor

Anger Management, Domestic Violence Counseling for Survivors and Perpetrators,
Gender Issues, and Expert Witness

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 20s 21 seconds ago
The most problematic issue for Jodi was acting rude and overbearing #jodiarias #3tvarias

Not Christ-like, gentle and lacking in self-esteem? Maybe that was another test. ;)

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 29s 30 seconds ago
sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

Ziggy, you are fantastic. So great to have our own real time court reporter with so much information too.

No Juan's presentation was just the facts phase to fill the jury in on the facts that Jodi was convicted on. Then mitigation began. Since the defense has burden of proof the roles are reversed with the defense going first and last and the state going in the middle. The defense is not requesting a surrebuttal, they are going in their allotted rebuttal spot.

I seem to be missing something. JM presented his case first, no? Including the victim statements. Then we had the defense case, including the secret testimony. Now we have JM's rebuttal.

I'm sorry to interrupt. I've been reading up on this case for some time now. This is confusing for me though. Why should Jodi be envious/annoyed?
Many thanks!

Welcome to Websleuths!

Arias is known to be jealous of intelligent/beautiful women. She is obviously no match for Dr. Demarte. And she pretends to doodle when she's really mad.:giggle:

This is what Alyce has listed on her website. she ain't no doctor

Anger Management, Domestic Violence Counseling for Survivors and Perpetrators,
Gender Issues, and Expert Witness

She advertises herself as an 'Expert Witness'? :fainted:

I seem to be missing something. JM presented his case first, no? Including the victim statements. Then we had the defense case, including the secret testimony. Now we have JM's rebuttal.

No, it's like MeeBee said.

Aha! So did dr. Geff give her FOUR tests in total? 2 for each event? Because I think you posted about him writing a note to her saying fill this in using your feelings prior to the murder (DV and such) and then for one for the murder,

don't think so. They are only showing handwritten notes that might appear on a page but can't tell if at the bottom or top. There is a 1 circled - then the note. Below that a 2 circled and then the note. On the second copy shown, those notes were altered in handwriting adding the additional terms and notes about DV in general etc.

No, what we have now is Juan's case, his rebuttal to the defense case. The first presentation was just a presentation of facts to catch the jury up. There is no surrebuttal. If there were, it would be Juan's not the defense's. It's their turn. That's how it works.

Showing Dr. DeM something that says privileged atty work product - she says she presumes she got that from the defense. Then he shows her a redacted version. Nurmi wants to approach as JM attempts to move these into evidence.

Thank you! This is so good of you to keep us informed. All I know from Tweets is "sidebar" and "another long sidebar" with no clue why.

If there is a psychologist on the jury, or a person who has studied psychology extensively, they will know the difference in the CV's. DeMarte's credentials are impeccable and from a fully accredited major university.

Even someone who is not a psychologist will know this and will teach the others how to look at credentials.

Plus, there are likely to be thousands of psychologists licensed in Arizona (thousands just in Maricopa county, very likely). It would take barely more than an average brain for any jury member to take note that none of those psychologists would speak on the defense side.

don't think so. They are only showing handwritten notes that might appear on a page but can't tell if at the bottom or top. There is a 1 circled - then the note. Below that a 2 circled and then the note. On the second copy shown, those notes were altered in handwriting adding the additional terms and notes about DV in general etc.

Thank you Zigga, for taking time to make this clear to me. I think I can keep up now. :happydance:

I'm sorry to interrupt. I've been reading up on this case for some time now. This is confusing for me though. Why should Jodi be envious/annoyed?
Many thanks!

Because Jodi, unlike Dr. Demarte, is unattractive and a loser and a liar and a killer?

Maybe it's reserved for Jodi's clan??? Sky shouldn't be there if she's going to be called as a witness.

JA is clanless. Except for mom, the friend and another lady with gray hair worn in a french twist. But maybe today these are Jodi supporters. Pretty sure that's SKye. I'll google a pic of her. Long blonde hair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves