Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I do not believe that she ever took Advil to thin her blood (really? She was winging it with that lie. No time to get someone to google?) nor do I think she did any of the things she said she did like wrap herself in sheets and nick her wrist. Or she would have made it all about her and made sure the guards knew about it for the drama.

Does anyone remember how it was brought up in the trial? Was she blindsided by that tape? Or did JM bring it in during the opening statements? Either way, she had limited time to come up with a story for that and that was the best she could do IMO. But of course she had no corroboration for it via jail guards.

But it was more effective for JM to use it in his cross of her when she told him that lie and instead of trying to disprove it, he used it to suggest that Travis was hurting from much more than a nick thanks to her. It was very effective. Which is why, as was pointed out to me earlier in the thread, that JM appears willing to embrace that lie for effect in this phase.

MOO

She made herself into a giant tampon so she didn't inconvenience her lower bunkmate.

Soooo....... is anyone going to follow tomorrow? I'm sure I'll pop in. Sigh......

I feel instantly nauseous thinking about Nurmi cross examining Dr. DeMarte tomorrow. I t w i l l b e s o s l o w s o o o s l o w !!!
Here is how I can imagine it might begin. And I would guess this much would take several hours, Nurmi style:

<snip for space>

NURMI: Judge may we approach?
JSS: Of course, dear

;)

Besides, how much aspirin could she have accrued in the time she spent at the jail in Yreka? Inmates can purchase OTC meds from commissary, but it is limited to the 2 in a pack, and most of the time only 3 packs can be ordered. Do you recall how long she was there?

Not sure if that story changed or morphed. I thought it was that she had been collecting the advil and took it in one fell swoop the night of the razor nick but then I think I also read that she had been taking it for a time period to thin the blood? So did she say both at some point when she was corrected? My memory is shot.

TIA

She made herself into a giant tampon so she didn't inconvenience her lower bunkmate.

Didn't she also claim to have gathered extra sheets for this? You'd think that wouldn't be something that could be done in a jail. Hanging and all that. ;)

Did she even have a bunkmate at the time. Didn't the bunkmate notice any of this weird behaviour. It's pretty confined in those cells.

MOO

The Advil and the razor never happened. Who here believes that when she said, "no jury will convict me..." she was thinking of suicide?

No way.

I don't know if this has been on here or not, but earlier today someone was asking who Michelle Lowery is. I looked it up. She is Mimi's friend. Mimi called Michelle and her boyfriend to come to Travis's house the night before she and Travis were supposed to go to Cancun. Michelle's boyfriend and Travis's roommate Zach Billings were the two people who found Travis's body in the shower.

Thank you

I was wrong thinking it was the Michelle from ppl who met ja prior to TA meeting her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides, how much aspirin could she have accrued in the time she spent at the jail in Yreka? Inmates can purchase OTC meds from commissary, but it is limited to the 2 in a pack, and most of the time only 3 packs can be ordered. Do you recall how long she was there?

You can take up to 800mg Advil in one dose, or 2400mg in a 24 hour period, so it would take a heck of alot to OD on it.

"Matt would never betray me".

Of course this case is now pending...

It's the prosecution witnesses, no doubt, who have been getting death threats. From Jodi's coterie. I'll bet Darryl, Matt, and Bobby J have concerns for their safety if they maligned the smell-good snowflake. And Jodi evidently didn't want her "haters' to be on national TV testifying against her, thus the media brownout.

My gawd..
All the lies...everything out of her mouth is/was a lie...She is so evil...so very evil..Oh Travis, I am so sorry
This is what happened...
Oh dear dear...
Check out my siggy from the first trial. Prayers to the Alexander family and may they soon have closure.

What? did she want to appear on Celebrity Apprentice? For some reason I could believe it??LOL

Regarding her lame comments about killing herself with a razor/advil wasn't so much about believing her for me. It was what she said. After slaughtering someone so brutally then complaining a razor nick hurt! Cruel. Beyond cruel. Yet very telling.
ETA- it was a lie IMO but it was so shocking. Brutal and a sick comment to make.

Thank you all for helping me understand the difference between a mental disorder and being mentally Ill. I sure hope this jury is not confused about the difference.

In the end, this distinction might be moot, since Jodi doesn't have any mental condition that mitigates what she did, mental illness, mental disorder, personality disorder, both.... Whatever combination of those she might have won't explain the premeditation, the calculation, the lack of remorse. She was not ruled "unable to discern between right and wrong". And what she does suffer from aren't mitigators.

Why are the two guys she got engaged to not in her timeline? I read upthread somewhere that Gus and Paul Stern were the culprits.

I better be clear- that was me and it was a joke- sort of. Those are the only two I could see wanting to be engaged to her!

It upsets me to see so much negativity in the posts today, disagreeing between members etc. This case has everyone on edge, all riled up and I worry that at the end, if she's sentanced to LWOP that so many people see that as a loss. DP or LWOP, really makes no difference, she's never walking out, ever. I think we all need to accept that and focus on the one thing each and every one of us has wanted from the start. Travis' name to be cleared. And it has been. Between yesterday and today, I can honestly say the sentance doesn't matter to me anymore. Juan won today, the family won today, justice was served today. Her team will try to dispute it. Her experts will be back to blab more BS. But it doesn't matter. We all saw the real truth today and for me, knowing hOw much it destroyed Jodi to have all her BS made public, I'm good. DP or LWOP, I don't care. We've already won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove