Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to bring over from the previous thread, but someone mentioned the ring email occurring on March 18 and then her journal entry saying on 3/19 that they fell asleep watching The Sopranos.

Now. I loved the Sopranos. Does anyone think Travis watched it? Most Mormons don't watch Rated R movies. Maybe Travis didn't feel as strongly about Rated R, but Lisa (I think it was Lisa) said on the stand that Travis couldn't stand the use of words like "fart" and "crap." The language in the Sopranos went way beyond that. Does anyone think Travis was a watcher of the Sopranos? I find that awfully doubtful.

My guess is she fell asleep watching the Sopranos while he was out on a date or with friends and came home to find her there.

I thought the same thing. Also read somewhere that he had a parental type control on his TV which blocked anything stronger than PG

I'm annoyed that I'm still following this trial. I don't want to be on this :rollercoaster: for another month or two. Help! I want to get out!

It's hard climbing out of the rabbit hole. I predicted Feb. 4th it would be a wrap. Trial that is not Verdict. Sigh......

Sucks to be you LOL Ya got some extry room for us poor souls caught in the grips of "frozen" LOL We escape it in a coupla more weeks. Thankfully!

My neice is in school in the Boston area. They've been slammed lately

I don't know how to bring over from the previous thread, but someone mentioned the ring email occurring on March 18 and then her journal entry saying on 3/19 that they fell asleep watching The Sopranos.

Now. I loved the Sopranos. Does anyone think Travis watched it? Most Mormons don't watch Rated R movies. Maybe Travis didn't feel as strongly about Rated R, but Lisa (I think it was Lisa) said on the stand that Travis couldn't stand the use of words like "fart" and "crap." The language in the Sopranos went way beyond that. Does anyone think Travis was a watcher of the Sopranos? I find that awfully doubtful.

My guess is she fell asleep watching the Sopranos while he was out on a date or with friends and came home to find her there.

Travis uses the word 'crap' in this video. I'm not Mormon but I don't like to watch 'R' rated movies/shows. I suspect that Travis must have been mindful of explicit shows considering his religion. Perhaps he watched them in small doses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg23qOHGgfc

I thought the same thing. Also read somewhere that he had a parental type control on his TV which blocked anything stronger than PG

Really?
I just can't understand how/why JA took over his morals and beliefs. I understand hormones, but he was an adult, not a 12 yr old boy being seduced by an 18 yr old babysitter.

I guess the watching of the Soprano's was just another subtle dig as to "What a bad Mormon" Travis truly was!!!! She is despicable.

Gah! The previous thread closed on me!

I cannot get enough of your posts T-4-2... :blushing:

Thank you!

I often feel like I make too many jokes about this tragedy -- but the trial is such a farce, the disgusting defense team and their bottom-of-the-barrel "experts" are so astonishingly, consistently, and aggressively inept and inhuman, and of course the defendant and her entire entourage of vile cave-dwellers are sooooooooo utterly despicable, all of the time, and seemingly always have a way to be even worse than we ever imagined.... well, it all makes me furious of course, but I also can't help but see humor in the overwhelming, unrelenting absurdity of it all.

I know it's not a laughing matter to anyone who knew Travis or anyone who has gone through a similar experience in their life. I'm confident, though, that people here recognize that the class clowns in the back of the room mean no disrespect... even if we may go a bit far sometimes.

Same here-one reason I love winter in Texas.

Starting to warm up a bit here in the good ole country of Canada. We haven't had a -40 morning for a few days. It's only -23 with the wind chill today, it's a heat wave. I might put on some shorts and flip flops. ;)

Please keep in this mind. Every day that there is a court session the previous thread will close approximate 2 hours before the beginning of court. Therefore before you post, please check to see if the new thread is open so you can post there instead of getting caught while we close down the previous thread.

Starting to warm up a bit here in the good ole country of Canada. We haven't had a -40 morning for a few days. It's only -23 with the wind chill today, it's a heat wave. I might put on some shorts and flip flops. ;)

LOL Good Day fellow Canuck Brrrrr......

Just a thought this Monday morning..

If JA stood before this jury at the end of sentencing phase and said how sorry she was about the death of TA (without admitting guilt of course, appeals and all, you know) cried and wailed and asked to live, do you think this jury would be swayed? Would they vote LWOP? :thinking:

Don't know. Would most certainly not hurt but I don't think she could pull it off in a convincing manner.

Freezing rain here. And we are heading into -20's with wind chills near -30 in the next few days. :coldcase: Canuck here too. :leaf:

I wonder if we will ever know what happened to that ring. Was it found in Travis's belongings? It actually kept me awake one night last week. And what plausible explanation could Jodi have as to why she "took" it.

Court of appeals will look at the filing on Tuesday..

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/02/jodi-arias-arizona-supreme-court-will.html

Now, can someone remind me, what exactly is Nurmi asking for here again? There's been so many appeals, denials, stays etc, I can't even remember what he is asking the Supreme Court to do. Help.

This could probably be answered by AZL, but I think in general there are three things higher courts can do one or more of:
- Issue a stay to leave things a certain way until they get a chance to take a closer look.
- Decide based on what was submitted on paper whether or not the decision being challenged warrants a review.
- Hold oral arguments and (later) issue a decision if they decided to review it.

In this case the SC refused to issue a stay to keep her testimony secret, which was a strong hint it had zero chance of success. It's pretty obvious the COA did the right thing under the law and JA had every chance to testify in the open but chose not to, so I'd be very surprised if the SC decided to reconsider the CAO decision. It's a moot issue at this point.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Wow ... making progress ... Day 33 :rolleyes:

Anyway ... I will be available this afternoon to post Tweets ... busy this morning, but will be here around lunch time!

Please keep in this mind. Every day that there is a court session the previous thread will close approximate 2 hours before the beginning of court. Therefore before you post, please check to see if the new thread is open so you can post there instead of getting caught while we close down the previous thread.

Sorry, I wasn't complaining.... I take full responsibility for the self-absorption which causes me to lose all track of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela