Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, obviously Dr D is a powerful witness or KM would not be so frustrated in his attempts to discredit her.

:seeya:

I have to leave -- but -- will be back in about an hour and can take back over WAT then !

THANKS !!!

Nurmi's problem is that he doesn't have the intellect or the appreciation for the manner in which Juan does what he's aping. Most of Nurmi's zingers don't relate directly to the question he asked.

And another big difference is that when Juan does it, the jury knows the witness has been avoiding questions, refusing to answer, sarcastic, disrespectful, etc. None of which DeMarte has done. He must look like a cartoon character to them by this point, especially w/DeMarte's failure to react emotionally.

Wow, Nurmi & JA are seriously scared of Dr. DeMarte.:great: The name calling and sarcasm are OTT and indicate to me that they know how credible and professional Dr. D is compared to their "experts". Nothing like factual and empirical data, versus the stretch of reading between the lines, to bring out the very worst of this DT, as well as demonstrate their weaknesses and ineptitude as attorneys.

In her secret testimony to this jury, JA described a perfect childhood until around age 7 when her mom deployed the wooden spoon on occasion to both her and Carl. From DeMarte we learned JA has high intelligence, so I think JA's BPD explains why she repeated kindergarten and then attended a private school the next three years. She had a behavior disorder that manifested very early, probably related to Carl's arrival and having to share attention imo.

So I am trying to figure out Nurmi's game here. He's obviously doing this for show and playing up to an audience, which is weird since he asked for a mistrial a couple times because he thought Juan was seeking fame. Ok.

So is he trying to give Juan a taste of his own medicine by treating his witnesses the way Juan treats the defense's?Ok, but that only works with witnesses who are dishonest, uncooperative and combative. Demarte is none of those things. So he just looks like a big bully.

But actually copping his mannerisms i.e. hands in pockets and pacing around when in the first trial Nurmi just stood at the podium and chicken winged and the new 'do that looks oddly similar to Juan's (though probably coincidence) it's getting a little Single White Female.

http://www.courtchatter.com/

Latest mistrial motion. Note to LKN: Past tense of “mislead” is “misled.” Surprised your client didn’t catch that!

He wants a mistrial because of witness 1 Big Reveal, JM yelling at Geff (pot, kettle) and because.....JM "flailed his arms" in front of the jury....lmao.

Dear Mother of God Nurmi! Your going to stoke out

Well, obviously Dr D is a powerful witness or KM would not be so frustrated in his attempts to discredit her.

But, still embraces her Dx of BPD! Go figure! Nurmi really wants to have it both ways and can't but doesn't know what to do, so just resorts to name calling and being sarcastic.

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi, Jodi, Maria, Willmott all talking intensely #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jury needs hazard duty pay and a couple of sessions with dr d.

Unbelivable

In case it wasn't posted--End of cross according to BK. Thank GOD!!~!!!

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 54s 54 seconds ago

#JodiArias takes her glasses off and smiles as she blabbulates with Willmart.

Nurmi smiles and talks to the bailiffular person.
"Blabbulates!" What a terrific word. Can be applied to Nurmi, also -- except he engages in "elevated blabbulation."

Hi every1..

I am able to follow along word for word today, as I had doc appointment earlier this morning, and put off all my clients for another day...

whohooooooooooo i am here just as JM is about to work his magic? am I correct?

and I wanna thank all of you, each and everyone for keeping me in the loop

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 54s 54 seconds ago

#JodiArias takes her glasses off and smiles as she blabbulates with Willmart.

Nurmi smiles and talks to the bailiffular person.

That's the thing. Juan doesn't just make accusatory statements all the time unless he builds a solid foundation for it. He told ALV she was biased because she apologized to Jodi and sent her books. He told Dr. Samuels he had feelings for Jodi because he visited her way too much and sent her cards. He was right. Even if you think they are inappropriate statements, they still make sense in context. Nurmi is just pulling things from his bo-hind with no solid proof and saying things that make no sense.

2 recesses in a row! :gaah:

Arias flipping out, I bet.

Nurmi, you're a bleep, bleep, bleep. Please fill in the blanks silently (in your own minds) and creatively. :laughing:

As :hhjp: would say...poptarts!! Both the jury AND the judge for this one

:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads