Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is "Seacrest" that Nurmi cited? I'm searching with no luck....

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 23s23 seconds ago
Nurmi got DeMarte to say that #jodiarias would have had borderline personality disorder at the time she met Travis Alexander. That's it.
I know I'm late but....

Ugh, Kiefer, not really a gotcha considering it's a lifelong thing

I just re-read the questions too and I feel a bit better because my hubby pointed out something HUGE that I overlooked. The questions (I think there were 2) about her having BPD before she met Travis. Now, this is big in my mind, because I think the juror is trying to establish that Travis did not cause her to be mentally ill and snap. Which I think is good for the prosecution, as they've been trying to make it seem like he caused her to become mentally ill from all the games he played.

My conclusion after reading the morning tweets - Nurmi stormed and thundered but JM struck with lightning in his redirect - am I close?

Great choice of words there geevee! Love it.:loveyou:

From Court Photographer:

Tom Tingle @TomTingle2 · 1m 1 minute ago

#JodiArias sentencing retrial wraps up for the day Mon in Phoenix. Arias convicted of murder of #TravisAlexander

B9b4iQrIcAAmbmA.jpg:large

Yes, but the guy asked about a text from Travis to Jodi giving her all his passwords. I've never heard that.

Maybe a juror has been doing some research on their own, like on social media, Facebook???

AZL...any idea why Nurmi would be citing Seacrest after meeting in chambers? Sounds like she asked him for a citation and he gave her one...but what is Seacrest about? Any idea?

Per BK: Judge is back on the bench and KN is citing case law (Seacrest), and then she said "leaving court now" WTH???

:notgood::notgood::notgood::notgood:

Say whaaa? :thinking:

Is that like saying "Judge out".... "Seacrest out" Oh nevermind. :lol:

Maybe a juror has been doing some research on their own, like on social media, Facebook???

I wish they would have discussed one of the other women's interview where she told Travis to make harder passwords, there was some talk in there that he would change them, she would hack them.

Asking why all the sex between Travis & Jodi...as described by Jodi.... is believed if the only confirmation of it is Jodi? She's a pathological liar....why is she believed?

What has this to do with his sadistic murder? I guess the 'blame Travis' strategy is really working (no offense intended here).

ETA: Common sense would tell one to avoid a stalker at all costs and to get a restraining order.

What does any of it have to do with the murder of Travis really? This whole trial is supposed to be about mitigation and this jury is supposed to accept the prior verdict that she killed him in a cruel and heinous way. If she doesn't get the DP then no one should. What DOES a person have to do if not stab someone 29 times, almost decapitate them AND shoot them in the face to get the death penalty.

Forgive my ignorance,AZ, but is this good or bad for the state?

I can't see how it would make any difference to the state, even if JA's childhood abuse allegations are true. As Dr.D said, if she doesn't remember any of it, then she cannot have PTSD from it, it's the memories from a traumatic event that causes PTSD and irregardless of any of this "mental illness" argument, none of that was TA's fault. It's not like he was her psychiatrist(was privy to her nightmares and private thoughts) and knowingly preyed upon her, he was a young man looking for a mate and JA willingly offered herself in more ways than he knew what to do with and even in her journals kept proclaiming it as "no strings attached". The only one playing mind games was JA.

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 2m2 minutes ago
#JodiArias sentencing retrial wraps up for the day Mon in Phoenix. Arias convicted of murder of #TravisAlexander

B9b4iQrIcAAmbmA.jpg

Is Seacrest maybe spelled Sechrest? Just guessing.

Death sentence voided

The three-judge panel of the appeals court, vacating the death penalty, cited prosecutorial misconduct and ineffective legal counsel for Sechrest.

"A prosecutor's misleading and inflammatory arguments may violate a defendant's due process right to a fair trial," said the opinion, written by Circuit Judge Harry Pregerson.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/06/nation/na-deathpenalty6

Well the tweets have stopped for over an hour, yet Nurms was citing a case law to JSS. Did she kick them out? More secrets?

To answer Diggin
I often wonder what the weather is with our neighbors to the north. We hear all about the Middle East and Russia, but never anything at all about Canada. I wonder why. I wish y'all could come down to Tennessee. Its in the upper 50's here for the next few days.

Here in Lotus Land, grey skies, diffused lighting, and it's still raining. (We do live in a temperate rain forrest, so that's just how it is.) It's 11º C/52 ish ºF. No wind chill. Promises to be like this till the groundhog climbs out of his hole on his own.

In Edmonton, it's -15ºC/5ºF and cloudy. Roads are slick with snow. Snow predicted for later. It's expected to jump to -3º by Thursday.
In Calgary, weather alerts are in effect and there's a warning re freezing rain. It's -10ºC but feels like -16ºC. A storm is sweeping over the Rockies and across Alberta to the prairies.

In Regina, it's -10ºC/14ºF but feels like -20ºC/-4ºF. (it's those prairie winds) There's light snow now, and slick road conditions, but scattered flurries are expected tomorrow.

In Winnipeg, it's -13ºC/8.6ºF but feels like -18ºC/-0.4ºF. Flurries expected tomorrow. Surfaces are icy, winds gusting to 60 k/h.

It's snowing in Toronto the Good. It's -10ºC/14ºF but feels like -17ºC/1.4ºF.

La Belle Montréal is -13ºC/8.6ºF but feels like -22ºC/-7.6ºF. Flurries may affect traffic.

Moncton is -18ºC/0,4ºF but feels like -26ºC/-14.8ºF.

In Green Gables country, Charlottetown is -19ºC/-2.2ºF but feels like -26ºC/-14.8ºF and is expecting another blast of snow shortly.

Fredricton is -15ºC/5ºF and feels like -21ºC/-5.8ºF will be getting that same blast of snow later.

In Halifax, it's -12ºC/10.4ºF but feels like -20ºC/-4ºF. People are dealing with snow and icy conditions.

In Whitehorse, it's -27ºC/-16.6ºF but feels like -35ºC/-31ºF while in Yellowknife it's -32ºC/-25.6 ºF but feels like -39ºC/-38.2ºF

What is "Seacrest" that Nurmi cited? I'm searching with no luck....

I didn't find anything either. It would sure help to know what the case is supposed to be about! I mean, I doubt Nurmi just exited chambers and said, "Here's a case for you, your honor--Seacrest." But that's what the tweets make it sound like lol.

In the sex tape? Arias talks about the bath with rose petals. I cannot remember what Travis said though.

Jodi told Det. Flores that the last time she and Travis had sex on his bed in April before she moved to Yreka

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 22s22 seconds ago
I left...#jodiarias
----

I wish she would have said what was going on when she left, are we all left hanging for the next day and a half?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela