Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it only us Canadians and one honorary one from the other side of Lake Ontario up late on this thread tonight? Must be the caffeine. ;)

It's those cold winds that are keeping us sharp!

Is it only us Canadians and one honorary one from the other side of Lake Ontario up late on this thread tonight? Must be the caffeine. ;)

Am I the honorary one? If so thank you. :blushing:

That is what I have been wondering MeeBee. I put nothing past this sly snake of a criminal. Remember when she tried to represent herself in the first trial? She only did it for four or five days and when she came back in and said she needed help that is when she produced those forged letters. Everytime this woman says she wants to represent herself some new damaging evidence suddenly comes to the attention of the defense. While she is representing herself she gets extra priviledges on the phone and visitors. I think that is when she gets people to lie for her and tells them what to say. Do you think that is possible too?:thinking:

I have always thought that Jodi had an ulterior motive for going pro se and having zero intention of staying pro se for an extended period of time. She gets far more privileges and privacy while being pro se.

Am I the honorary one? If so thank you. :blushing:

Of course. You know the answer to who and/or what is Tim Horton(s)? I think that's the first question on our citizenship test. ;)

Of course. You know the answer to who and/or what is Tim Horton(s)? I think that's the first question on our citizenship test. ;)

I'm an honorary member of Canada and Australia!!! :happydance:

Well, well, well. There goes the only 'proof' of any kind that Travis was pursuing a 9 year old girl. I don't remember if it was Fonseca or Geffner who READ that and made it sound like Travis was a pedophile. I guess that poor man was scared that the DT might have his email address and would come after him or something. Bless his heart for coming to testify and knock that charge to the ground.

Now, we will be all ears and eyes to see which one dares bring that out again! (I'm thinking it was Fonseca!)

Before Tim Horton's hit America my brother and I went to the Detroit auto show one year. It's faster to drive across Canada than to go around so we went through Canada. I swear there are Tim Horton's on every corner. They're worse than Starbucks!! :giggle:

Well, well, well. There goes the only 'proof' of any kind that Travis was pursuing a 9 year old girl. I don't remember if it was Fonseca or Geffner who READ that and made it sound like Travis was a pedophile. I guess that poor man was scared that the DT might have his email address and would come after him or something. Bless his heart for coming to testify and knock that charge to the ground.

Now, we will be all ears and eyes to see which one dares bring that out again! (I'm thinking it was Fonseca!)

What do you mean the "only" proof. There's Jodi's word abo...... :nevermind:

Well we're kinda the same. Except for the weather. And the Emus. :D

Now we need to get every other country represented here and I could be honorary king of the world!!!

:dramaqueen: <---- That's supposed to be a king. It's the best I could do. :dunno:

After seeing the picture of him I thought maybe he was nervous that he'd have to knock Nurmi to the ground if he started to say anything untoward about his daughter. ;)

But I'm glad he was able to come in and refute that too. I hope JM makes a point of that to Dr F. I'm sure he will. :)

MOO

After seeing the picture of him I thought maybe he was nervous that he'd have to knock Nurmi to the ground if he started to say anything untoward about his daughter. ;)

But I'm glad he was able to come in and refute that too. I hope JM makes a point of that to Dr F. I'm sure he will. :)

MOO

Ok, I missed out on this. How did some guy shoot down the nine year old girl reference?

I have always thought that Jodi had an ulterior motive for going pro se and having zero intention of staying pro se for an extended period of time. She gets far more privileges and privacy while being pro se.

IIRC, she wanted to revisit the crime scene with her PI back when she was her own mouthpiece. However, again IIRC, the new owners said everything was cleaned/changed/nothing left to see here, and the court denied her the opportunity to upset still more people's lives.

Her mom was trying to get money for forged documents from The Enquirer. The Enquirer, after some fact checking, "learned that Jodi Arias tried to enter the letters as evidence in 2010, but a judge deemed them &#8220;inadmissible&#8221; after they were analyzed by a handwriting expert". and outed Arias as a forger. http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/exclusive-jodi-arias-desperate-escape-plan

JM was not allowed to present this information to the original trial jury, and I don't think he presented it to the retrial jury pool either. If JA forged those letters, claiming to be Travis Alexander's confessing his pedophilia to JA, she's more than capable of sending fraudulent emails.

Ok, I missed out on this. How did some guy shoot down the nine year old girl reference?

It was her Dad, the one that sent the email reply to TA, saying 'stop sending email to my daughter.' The DT had tried to make it sound like TA was sending her personal emails trying to chat with her. The Dad said NO, it was a business mailer and he wanted her off the mailing list.

The girl's dad was the first witness on the stand this morning.
Apparently, the email could have been addressed to him, but the name was his daughter's, not his. And it was about starting a business (not usually something that involves a 9 yr old girl) nothing immoral.

Nope, in fact I think my post may have started the discussion. While I am a huge admirer of JM, I did notice how everyone responding to my 'wish' for more character testimony about her, talked about how well he destroyed the DT's evidence. Yes he did, and yes that is my exact point. The DT turned this trial into what a TA supposedly was and how the state hid *advertiser censored* evidence that proved that, etc. I do understand those things needed to be addressed but the case against mitigation that (IMO) was put on the back burner to defend DT's accusations, is the fact that she is not some poor mentally ill little girl that snapped because of TA's abuse. She is a cold blooded, manipulative, vengeful destructive person convicted of an especially cruel and premeditated murder. Her character, IMO, was not fully enough defined for *this* jury, because of the other issues. We even have members here asking questions about whether her BPD may have caused her to be unable to handle TA, and one or two saying they for the first time felt kind of sorry for her. If that happened to members here - who do know all there probably is to know about JA - what is this jury going to think? They hopefully realize that the DT's allegations of *advertiser censored* and abuse are BS, but do they really know who she is? That's the part I'm a little uneasy about now that JM is resting his case.

LinTX, in the guilt phase Juan waited to bring in Dr. DeMarte for his rebuttal. I think that is still to come. THAT is when he will start to really clamp down. For now, he mainly needed to stomp away anything that Geffner and Fonseca might come charging in here with. They were both doing nothing but reading emails and texts that made Travis look like he might have been a crazed sex maniac pedophile who kept poor Jodi on a leash for when he wanted to play with her.

He's not left much for them to bring in this time, it seems to me! But in his closing argument, he will bring everything out clearly and plainly! The jury will see what she's been like in making Travis life miserable! I think she began to want revenge when Travis did not let her move in with him. The other guys did, but she NEVER got to live under the same roof as Travis. I believe she had researched PPL and found out about Travis being 'single' and available and deliberately went to that meeting with her aim of getting his attention. She claimed a 'customer' told her about PPL and gave her a DVD about it. Months later, she decided to view it and then called to find out about signing up. It was AFTER that when she managed to go to that meeting...and meet Travis. She had him targeted before he knew her, I think.

Its hard to prove how diabolical she actually is, so I'm glad that at least now the pedophile allegation is wiped away! And Dworkin will testify that the broken hard drive and phone where he got pictures of Jodi actually belonged to her! Juan is cleaning the blackboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper