Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the COA saying that sending the media to an overflow room could have been an option used. So JSS could do that. But ugh isn't the DT tired of playing these games and wasting everybody's time?

NO!!!

Does anyone else think her sister Angela will speak on her behalf today?

I don't. I think she is there so that Arias can point to her and talk about how her sister has given her a niece, that she hasn't ever even met, in an attempt to gain sympathy. And just in general go 'please spare me, I don't care about my own life, but these people do', while waving her man hands in their general direction.

Though, if she doesn't want anyone in there except the jury, that idea flies out the window.

Does anyone know which side goes first in closing arguments in the mitigation stage?

Whoa, slow down Hun, breath.

The judge isn't giving her LWP, I promise. Thats not her motive here. Her motive is to give the defense everything to avoid appeal issues.
And besides, it's not even going to be an issue.

This jury is going to give her death, AND YOU CAN MARK MY WORDS ON THAT.

:seeya: I am trying to "breathe" ... lol .. but I am so pizzed at this Judge right now.

JMO but I am not buying this "appeals issue" excuses any more. And IF you are play "cards" you will know what I mean by this: You can't play scared ! You'll lose ... and that's what JSS is doing: she is playing "scared."

BBM: I hope you are right ... Oh, I hope you are right on that one !

:moo:

I'm still shocked that we may have closing arguments tomorrow. Wowzers.

Hope4More, chances of you being right on DT forfeiting the last 3 witnesses just went up.
I guess JW saw the light after Dr. F's "Don't trust those Mormons, Don't trust those Mormons over there" blunder.

This was HUGE!!! I wonder if the 2 dismissed were Mormon? I wouldn't put it past them to make up a story to get the jurors dismissed. I mean this is the same team who cried racial harassment over someone signing a song,

I would think that if some sort of juror allegation was "reported" to the judge she would have no choice but to accept it as true and dismiss them.

:seeya: I am trying to "breathe" ... lol .. but I am so pizzed at this Judge right now.

JMO but I am not buying this "appeals issue" excuses any more. And IF you are play "cards" you will know what I mean by this: You can't play scared ! You'll lose ... and that's what JSS is doing: she is playing "scared."

BBM: I hope you are right ... Oh, I hope you are right on that one !

:moo:

Trust me, she is scared. She's scared of appeal issues (my client couldn't allocute because of her mental issues in public). she is scared. To give the defense any reason to appeal. Why is she so scared? Because she does NOT want the decision over turned. If she didn't care and had plans to sentance her to LWP, she wouldn't be so scared. This I know. I think she has faith in the jury, that they will give her death and she's trying to make that stick. And if for some reason the jury doesn't agree, then she will give LWOP. She knows everything, everything doggie. She isn't letting JA go. I promise.

I'm mad too, and I disagree with her decisions. But I don't agree with your thoughts on the end result.

Does anyone else think her sister Angela will speak on her behalf today?

:seeya:

I've been wondering the same thing since that Tweet was posted that Angela was in the courtroom.

:thinking: I wonder IF Angela would like the courtroom closed for her testimony -- oh, I mean everyone booted to the overflow room ? Ya know, gotta be like her fave sister :gaah:

Imo that was Willmott's blunder. She spoon fed him everything and he just followed along.

Yes definitely Wilma's fault, but the way I see it, it was more a failure to know he had such anti- Mormon/religious leanings.

Oh, and that he would be stupid enough to voice such an opinion.

Me too, I left to run errands as soon as they called recess till 1:30, just got back and caught up on the tweets, so what I gather is JA will allocute this afternoon with media and gallery moved to the overflow room and closing arguments will be tomorrow - do I have the gist of what's being said or supposed?

ok so possibly no cameras in the court? The overflow room would be to simply Listen to her allocution in that case?

The camera better well be on, if nothing else but for posterity! What's a camera going to do to Jodi?

What a laugh.

The same Jodi who couldn't get her mug in front of a camera enough... before, during and even within minutes of being convicted of first degree murder with special circumstances.

Who the heck is she kidding? None of us... not the media, attorneys out in the real world or most all trial watchers.

This is beyond bad precedence and how a presiding judge, with a career as long as JSS, could have recognized and put on record she felt like this was a manipulation tactic by the defendant, but still proceeded to shut the courtroom down- really is beyond understanding.

What is different this time?

It is a new jury- one she thinks she has the chance to fool and manipulate. Plain and simple and you don't need to be a Phd to see it.

How we can all see this but JSS can't- is beyond me.

Something has happened to this woman.

Michael Kiefer update:

Kiefer has NOT tweeted in 46 minutes -- and I know they are at lunch ...

But let's hope Kiefer is at lunch with Maria or the DT ... lol ... and getting some scoop !

A girl can hope !

:happydance:

Again, the COA said judge could send everyone to the media room. So yeah, I'm gonna defend that. It sounds like she put a firm foot down on sealing the allocution. It the COA left that door open. I'm sure the media would be fine as long as they know what's going on.

Of course....as long as the media is just fine with it. Agree to disagree that Sherry put a firm foot down unless it was on JMs neck. This way, JAs puppets can say in closing how mentally ill Jodi is....and, that Sherry agrees. Poor thing had to have the courtroom cleared because of her mental illness....
Travis Alexander deserved so much more than what he got in this courtroom.....and, yeah, I blame Sherry for that.

Me too, I left to run errands as soon as they called recess till 1:30, just got back and caught up on the tweets, so what I gather is JA will allocute this afternoon with media and gallery moved to the overflow room and closing arguments will be tomorrow - do I have the gist of what's being said or supposed?

You got it. It's exactly what I said was gonna happen this morning.

Very often, symptoms of personality disorders are evident by teens and early adulthood. They *can* manifest later but it isn't as common. Still, some people go literally decades before being diagnosed if they are at all. There's a large spectrum in personality disorders - some people are relatively functional for a long time and others have their lives imploding so much so they're forced to get help.

I really can't fault Bill and Sandy for what I'm guilty of myself. Ignorance, love, hope. When you don't know that someone you love is personality disordered you're literally racking your brain trying to explain their actions and behaviors. And when that loved one is subjecting you to near constant psychological abuse, it's very difficult to maintain perspective. You find yourself enabling them and rationalizing their behavior, caught on a roller coaster of ups and downs, without knowing how you got there or how to get off the ride.

I'm there with my teen daughter right now. Because her dad is personality disordered, and there is some research to suggest there *may* be a genetic link, I'm hyper-sensitive to any traits she displays that may be consistent with PD. Unfortunately, that's exactly where we're at now - she's displaying a lot of borderline symptoms. So, back to counseling we go. But we're only there because I know what to look for and her dad was dx'd. If there wasn't that history, I'm not sure how much I would chalk up to 'normal' teenage drama since, even knowing what I know, I hope and pray I'm wrong on my suspicions and it is indeed just normal teenage drama. I'm not Bill or Sandy but I do understand how scary it is to have a teen in a full on rage and threatening their sibling; I do understand the hurt and confusion that no matter how much you love them and no matter what you do for them, it never seems to be enough for them to feel loved; I do understand the pain and anger of being manipulated, lied to, and verbally abused by your own child. And unfortunately, I do absolutely understand the revolving ride of being hopeful when she's happy or behaving 'normally' and hopeless when she's not.

It's a really yucky place for a parent to be.

JMO and FWIW

BBM Thanks, Kate for sharing. That's why I prefaced my post with "If" any blame is there. I have my own familial demons and tragedies to feel guilty about, and blame myself, my lack of action, for a very recent one. As I've said, both my mom and granddaughter are BPD. My granddaughter attempted suicide, so I know how terrifying it is to see those traits in a loved one. I'm convinced it's genetic. My complaint was about DT blaming Travis.

If we do, it's Nurmi's way to catch Juan off guard, by handing him another stack of "crap" the day before.

Yep. Hopefully the jurors can begin deliberating tomorrow. Verdict watch. :scared:

Michael Kiefer update:

Kiefer has NOT tweeted in 46 minutes -- and I know they are at lunch ...

But let's hope Kiefer is at lunch with Maria or the DT ... lol ... and getting some scoop !

A girl can hope !

:happydance:

He certainly can be handy for some things. lol People love to shout about his one-sidedness but I don't care, I'd rather have all the facts no matter where they come from.

So if I'm understanding right, DT has given up on Fonseca and the computer guys and Juan isn't giving a surrebuttal?? Maybe it's because the judge promised for this case to be over by the end of the week? Can't believe we are suddenly at this point, but it looks like we should still have enough jurors to be okay...

NEWS FLASH from TROY HAYDEN:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 3m3 minutes ago

A source with knowledge of the proceedings says #JodiArias closing arguments are scheduled for tomorrow.

A source with knowledge of the proceedings? Did you have lunch with Michael Keifer? Sorry Troy, I know you are more upstanding than that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo