DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William Pitts retweeted

12 News ‏@12News · 2m2 minutes ago

Do you want #JodiArias trial updates?

Go follow @william_pitts. He's in the courtroom today.

-----Well, looks like the media is coming out for the ending, which we never thought would get here !

Nothing will surprise me at this point. I am prepared for anything.

Tweets:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 40s41 seconds ago

People still making their way in.

When they see the sidebar already in progress every one of them has chuckled. #JodiArias

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 9s 10 seconds ago
For a day that's been filled with white noise all day, the court room is rather tense #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 20s20 seconds ago
We're headed for another record sidebar, 20 minutes so far. #JodiArias

AZlawyer, you rained on my parade. :(

Mine too :( AZLawyer, will the family get to speak at sentencing? After the verdict?

This is sentencing. That's what we've been doing all this time. :)

There will likely be another mini-hearing down the road (no jury) in which the family can request compensation for certain expenses (e.g., Travis's funeral), but they wouldn't normally speak at that hearing except through the prosecutor.

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 9s 10 seconds ago
Wilmott goes back to the bench #jodiarias

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 30s 31 seconds ago
Wilmott comes back and is speaking with jodi #jodiarias

JA's secret testimony was sealed from view, but she was going to have to face JM's cross had it continued. Allocution is just JA standing before the jury and saying whatever she wants with no fear of contradiction, except in JM's closing. I'd be gobsmacked if JA decided not to allocute.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 33s34 seconds ago
People still making their way in. When they see the sidebar already in progress every one of them has chuckled. #JodiArias

I don't think they should be "chuckled" about. I think they should be frowned upon and used as rarely as possible.

While you are waiting, MDLR hair looks like she got caught in the rain we just had.

Young female with reddish auburn long hair seated next to JA mom. Her sister?

Does anyone know the answer to my previous question? Will the reporters be able to tweet from the overflow room during her addressing of the jurors in private?

I don't believe the bailiff or any Officer of the Court will prohibit or otherwise prevent them from tweeting.

To the contrary, JSKS explicitly stated that the media is allowed to report.

What they're not allowed to do is to electronically record, photograph, or stream the proceedings.

While you are waiting, MDLR hair looks like she got caught in the rain we just had.

:seeya: Are you IN the court ziggy ? :great: !

:) Ears to the ground and get us the scoop !

Either he said something less absolute than that, or upon further questioning he agreed that he would follow the instructions regardless of his preexisting thoughts on the subject.

I think JSS has learned at this point that she can't conduct the proceedings in secret. It would be completely appropriate, however, for JSS to kick everyone to the overflow room. No constitutional problem with that.

Yes, Jodi would still have the option to allocute if JSS refused to send everyone to the overflow room. If Jodi decided not to allocute at that point, of course it would be brought up on appeal as not being a voluntary choice. Which is why JSS needs to grant that request--it takes care of an appeal issue without stepping on the rights of the media or public.

It's less common to lose jurors during deliberations because once they are allowed to talk to each other, that removes the one rule they are most likely to break. :)

But if deliberations go on for very long, you always have the chance of a juror getting sick, having a family emergency, etc.

BBM

Victim impact statements are done at the beginning, so there will be no more of those.

The judge has to allow hearsay in this phase as long as it is "reliable." I personally can't understand how hearsay is ever reliable, but that's the rule. And since the rule is so nonsensical, the best policy to avoid being overturned on appeal is to let it in unless it seems to be a forgery (like the pedo letters).

It's not the hearsay I had a problem with it was the fact she allowed them submitted anonymously that had me scratching my head.

After all these months, what is left to discuss, FGS? Or is it just they're all addicted to sidebars at this point?

Now why is that necessary? No jury, no ppl in courtroom. Or is that normal for jury instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire