Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After clicking on the link, I discovered I've been spelling the word "supercede" wrong my entire life. Apparently the word is spelled "supersede". I dunno... that doesn't look right to me. Does Jodi know about this? Oh! The Bob Newhart Show is on now. Gotta go!

I'm with you...just looked it up!

Supercede - Merriam-Webster.com
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/supercede
Supercede has occurred as a spelling variant of supersede since the 17th century, and it is common in current published writing. It continues, however, to be widely regarded as an error.

No idea about the thick folder but I wonder if Flores looks stressed because the state wasn't preparing for this right now. They were most likely preparing for the 3 remaining witnesses we all saw coming down the pike. Now they have to scramble to be prepared for an allocution and closing instead of Dr. F, Pseu, and Dworkin.

But that is just a guess.

I wouldn't put it past JA to have said something about his son while they were on their way out of chambers.

I don't think that JA will change her mind and ask to allocute. She thinks that being 'refused' the right to talk to the jury in secret = an appellate issue aka her ticket out of prison. (Never mind that the higher court has already dealt with this issue). She has high hopes of her conviction being overturned. She think she will prance out of prison (wearing Louboutins and a special Elie Saab dress designed especially for her) with a hot stud to some great big palace. What's a girl to do? :hilarious:

What does this mean? Was it dealt with yet?

Case Documents
Filing Date 2/22/2015 – Docket Date – 2/23/2015
NOTE: DEFENDANT’S OBJECTION TO THE STATE MAKING ARGUMENT RELATED TO AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES FOR WHICH PROBABLE CAUSE HAS NOT BEEN FOUND AND/OR ASSERTING THAT A LIFE SENTENCE COULD LEAD TO MS. ARIAS’ BEING RELEASED FROM PRISON.

IIRC the Gentleman dismissed had stated he didn't support the DP unless Murder was premeditated and/or committed by a serial killer.

The most perfect outcome to me would be:
- The DT orchestrated getting this gentleman thrown off.
- JA receives DP. (Yeah I know 12/12 is always a long shot.)
- This gentleman is interviewed and says there is no way he would have voted for DP.

I really feel for the lady who was tossed. She invested four months of her life and IIRC she seemed to be the most engaged juror, so she had more than just time invested here and was likely a good candidate to be the foreperson.

I still can't get over what JA pulled today. Obviously KN and JW told JA that she could not do her allocation in a closed court. She told them "make it happen" or I won't allocate. Their time-wasting, legally futile efforts to sway JSS took up most of the court time today. They lost of course, but didn't know that JA had plan B in place. She thought that she could do a better job than these dumb lawyers. She trusted that SHE could manipulate this judge, who has shown her fear for any cause for appeal, and use that to sway JSS. She had the gall to argue with the judge that allocation wasn't part of the higher court ruling re private testimony. What a stupid, narcissistic ploy--which proves many observations that she is her own worse enemy.

This gives a small glimpse into what her DT has suffered in having her as a client. I wish they could write a book when this is over. What a nightmare she is for every person who crosses her path in her life.

BBM - Honestly I don't care what she did today ... given that it ended with "The defense rests."

I find that hard to believe. They had to had known that if Jodi can't testify in private, she can't allocute in private. What's the point in filing an appeal you know has zero chance of success??? I think this was Jodi going rogue from her lawyers. They'll quickly be thrown under the bus after closings. She hates Nurmi. She tried to get him fired two years ago.

BBM - We could say that about pretty much all of their motions and about their entire strategy. 1) As long as you're going to throw carp against a wall you might as well grab every piece of carp you can get your hands on since you never know which piece will stick. 2) More filings = more $$$.

What does this mean? Was it dealt with yet?

Case Documents
Filing Date 2/22/2015 – Docket Date – 2/23/2015
NOTE: DEFENDANT’S OBJECTION TO THE STATE MAKING ARGUMENT RELATED TO AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES FOR WHICH PROBABLE CAUSE HAS NOT BEEN FOUND AND/OR ASSERTING THAT A LIFE SENTENCE COULD LEAD TO MS. ARIAS’ BEING RELEASED FROM PRISON.

I bet this is all part of the game of chess that comes at the end. We saw that one recently (I think it was recent) where the 9th Circus overturned a DP because of what the prosecutor argued in closing. Juan will of course be extremely careful in what he covers, and then the defense will file a motion to overturn because he made improper argument ... no matter what he actually said.

After clicking on the link, I discovered I've been spelling the word "supercede" wrong my entire life. Apparently the word is spelled "supersede". I dunno... that doesn't look right to me. Does Jodi know about this? Oh! The Bob Newhart Show is on now. Gotta go!

Probably, as JA's vocabulary list is very "lengthly".

A call has gone out to JA 's legions of supporters---urgent!! Show up at the courthouse tomorrow!!

And encouragement provided: fear not! _" Tomorrow is not the end of the trial, it's the beginning of freedom for Jodi and the appeals process."
Jeesh, ya mean to say they aren't all in fear of their very lives? Or is the goddess going to try some human sacrifices to sway fate?

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
02/24/2015 8:00 AM

02/20/2015

RULING (4 pages) :denied:

The Court has considered the Motion for Mistrial; Prosecutorial Misconduct That
Occurred During the Cross-Examination of Dr. Robert Geffner (Supplemental Related to
Misconduct that Occurred on January 26, 2015) filed February 7, 2015, the Objection to
Defendant’s Motion for Mistrial; Prosecutorial Misconduct That Occurred During the CrossExamination of Dr. Robert Geffner filed February 13, 2015 and the Reporter’s Transcript of Proceedings for January 26, 2015. The Court previously denied the defendant’s oral motion for a mistrial during a bench conference on January 26, 2015. Defendant filed this written motion to support her renewed request for mistrial. The State requested time to file a written response.
Neither party requested oral argument....

:blah::blah::blah:

The Court finds the matters described above do not constitute prosecutorial misconduct
and certainly not misconduct that raises a concern about the integrity or fairness of the trial. State v. Ramos, 235 Ariz. 230, 330 P.3d 987 (App. 2014) and State v. Montano, 204 Ariz. 413, 65 P.3d 61 (203) and State v. Atwood, 171, Ariz. 576, 832 P.2d 593 (1992).

The Court finds no basis to grant a mistrial.

IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion for Mistrial; Prosecutorial Misconduct That
Occurred During the Cross-Examination of Dr. Robert Geffner (Supplemental Related to
Misconduct that Occurred on January 26, 2015) filed February 7, 2015 and the oral motions
made during Dr. Geffner’s testimony on February 18 and 19, 2015.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/022015/m6709486.pdf
-------------

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
2/24/2015 019 - ME: Ruling - Party (001) 2/24/2015
2/22/2015 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 2/23/2015
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S OBJECTION TO THE STATE MAKING ARGUMENT RELATED TO AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES FOR WHICH PROBABLE CAUSE HAS NOT BEEN FOUND AND/OR ASSERTING THAT A LIFE SENTENCE COULD LEAD TO MS. ARIAS' BEING RELEASED FROM PRISON

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

I don't know what we may have in store for us today regarding the shenanigans of the defense. I really do not think that JA is going to change her mind and get up and show remorse. I do believe she is her own worst enemy.
Not looking forward to the closing arguments of the defense team just because they never know when to stop. Does anyone know how long the defense took for closing arguments in the guilt phase. Anyway, it is almost over and maybe the Alexanders will finally get some peace. I hope so.

Good Morning All
Hard to believe we are close to the finish line
Good thing because I am very weary of this trial, the cast of characters, and most of all JA.
Juan is like the knight in shinning armor...riding in to make everything truth and justice.
Do you think the jury will get the case today?
Burr...It is -8 here today...I have to go to the market and I do not want to go outside!!:rolleyes:

The Judge asks her is she's taken any medication today? JA: no
JSS sounds surprised and a little ticked.

Translation: "Are you HIGH??"

Let me get this straight. JA won't allacute if anyone but the jury can actually see or HEAR her because she has received threats on her life. Soooo, she's not going to beg for them not to kill her or give the jury ANY reason not to give her a sentence of death because she's afraid someone might kill her. Okie-dokie.

Seriously what could she POSSIBLY say in the area of "please don't kill me" and/or "I'm sorry I killed TA" that would cause some shadowy entity to attempt to kill her?

Reading JSS's "denied" DT motions' responses above, I'm reminded again how clear and well-reasoned they always are. Given days/weeks to ponder and put her thoughts to paper, JSS does a stellar job imo. Unfortunately, a live trial requires quick, spontaneous decisions this judge is fundamentally incapable of providing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf