Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 39 Morning Session

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DIDN'T THE JUDGE ask them how long they needed for closing? Usually they are given an allotted time. I hope Nurmi doesnt ramble on all damned day.

The other way of looking at that is....if she was "marked" from birth with BPD and had PTSD from all that child abuse and yet didn't kill the other BF's who cheated on her yada yada yada, then clearly killing Travis was by CHOICE.

That is a huge factor for me. I have said before why should her BPD disorder matter now when she has had this disorder ever since her childhood and didn't murder Travis until she was almost 28 years old?

Having this disorder would mean nothing to me as far as mitigation.

No, but I remember an ominous clap of thunder at some dramatic point in the Casey Anthony trial.

Indeed I do. I believe it was after the verdict was read? I can't quite remember.

I've seen some victim bashing in other cases like the betty Broderick case. But I have NEVER seen such vicious victim bashing as in this case. They have taken it to ridiculous levels.

At least the Broderick trial kept my interest for every word. This one ..... I am being hypnotized.

I think I know what Nurms is doing- it's the same strategy he did in trial. He's bringing in all that lies, that were unproven & impeached so that Juan will have to correct all the lies-instead of Juan focusing on the murder. Just a thought

I need to get MAD... instead of feeling so sad.

I keep telling myself it is almost over...

JA dies in Perryville either way!!! Don't be sad!!!

At least the Broderick trial kept my interest for every word. This one ..... I am being hypnotized.
Ahhhhhhh, now this whole closing makes sense. Hypnotic defense. If Nurmi talks quietly and turns down the lights, he can insert his suggestions into the brains of the jurors. Way better than his other option - skill.

I think it was AZLawyer who said because that is how long it takes to get lunch around the courthouse. :)

We have the same lunch duration while at trial in LA and for the same reason. Also trust me when I say it's a working lunch. You grab food but go back to the war room and continue to prepare before going back to Court.

While we are on break, have we ever seen JA's reasons for secret testimony that JSS ordered unsealed? Apologies if I missed it. This was not the testimony itself, but a hearing I think?

Basically, that she wouldn't be able to say what she wanted to, without fear of threats.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 30s 30 seconds ago
KN- "When it comes to the abuse DeMarte is out of her league" #jodiarias #3tvarias

wow....
-------------
Hi Josie, to me this only shows how afraid Nurmi is of DeMarte! Take care..

What? I thought Booby Juarez choked her- she called 911 but he hung up? I thought he ran out swinging a sword (that belonged to JA) at her little brother and his friend that went to "confront him"?

Its pretty crappy lawyering when they cant even keep their own lies straight.

I would be rolling on the floor laughing if Juan gets up and pulls a "vinny", everything that guy said is a lie.

JA's sense of entitlement has been on full display during this retrial.

The jurors haven't seen nearly as much of it as the rest of us.

Will it be clear to them that her motive for this especially cruel killing was simply that she believed herself entitled to either marry or murder, and that the choice was justified because her narcissistic self was the one who made it?

Thanks to all that keep posting the candles to light. It brings a certain amount of peace to this evilness.

And also, thanks to all those posting the tweets and for everyone's comments. My thanks button doesn't always work but I appreciate every one even if I don't share that opinion.

The end is near!!

DB is in such denial. I don't care how many nice things she did in her life, she brutally murdered TA and for the last ~6 years she has lied non-stop to try and get out of this mess she created. She is NOT a nice person.

It's possible she WAS a nice person, but only to manipulate DB.

Its pretty crappy lawyering when they cant even keep their own lies straight.

JA/LKN/JW must think the jurors have short memories, are idiots, or both.

LKN has taken the entire morning to do nothing but throw conflicting lies against the wall in case some stick, either to each other or separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyme.as1