Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning fellow Websleuthers! We are really here- final closing argument. It has been a hell of a ride. Justice for Travis! It's going to be a rough day, I know.

I believe the jury will return a DP verdict. The only reason I'll be disappointed (and more) by a LWOP verdict, though, is if even one single juror says afterwards that she/he believed JA's accusations about Travis.

I don't think there is no way anyone on the jury can know the depth of her hatred for Travis or the abuse and torment she inflicted upon him day in and day out for those many months she spent, uninvited, in Mesa. She is guilty of not only murdering Travis physically, but as he said to her on May 26th, 2008, for murdering him on the inside, knowingly, deliberately, maliciously,with relish for no greater reason than she could and it suited her to do so.

JM will make her spend the rest of her life in prison, and he restored Travis' reputation. But beyond that. I'll always believe she murdered Travis to keep her own filthy secret self concealed. That's why I think JM's other magnificent accomplishment is that he did exactly what she feared most: revealed the real Jodi Ann Arias for all to see, including, may it be so, the 12 jurors who will decide whether or not she's deserving of mercy.

It's too bad that her hateful acts (donations in his name, contacting national enquirer, interviews) after the murder cannot be brought in. They show who she truly is. The jurors know about 1/3 of what we know about Marc McGee and Jodi Arias. It seems unfair somehow.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 4m4 minutes ago

I consider myself a rather quiet and respectful person.
Some others in the media section obviously don't. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 1m1 minute ago

Nurmi is here now. Medium gray suit, bright salmon tie like Willmotts top. Did they coordinate last night on phone? Y or N? #JodiArias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 45s46 seconds ago

I'm going to miss Nurmi's slow loping movement around the courtroom.
It's oddly soothing as is his "eeaannnddds". #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 43s44 seconds ago

TA family and supporters taking their seats now.
Sisters wearing bright salmon outfits. #JodiArias

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

How did the "salmon" theme come about?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 29s29 seconds ago

Juan is here, seated in front row with TA section.

More room is needed for them so they shuffle around. #JodiArias

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

I can't wait for Jodi to go to her "forever cell" which she non- adoringly calls her 'housing unit"

Preferably on death row

Good Morning Everyone! I am thinking about not listening to the def this morning. As last trial, I think it will be JW with her hands on the killer's shoulders, in her whiney voice, "Will you kill her?". Heck, this time, it might be her & MLDR hugging & kissing the murderer! It upset me so much last time, I don't think I can take it.

But JW back then didn't have to overcome the weight of the false "TA was a pedophile, *advertiser censored* addict, playa, and sexual deviant" lies they spent many weeks espousing this time. I hope the evil of those lies gets JA the DP, but I doubt it will.

Speaking of evil, I think eye-guy has changed his name: http://www.skymeister.com/bryan neumeister.htm ... Bryan Neumeister on his website now goes by Norbert Bryan Neumeister, probably hoping people googling his name will confuse him with Norbert Neumeister, Prof. of Physics at Purdue Univ.

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 42s 42 seconds ago
Juan Martinez just entered #JodiArias courtroom.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 14s14 seconds ago

It's awful noisy right now. We need a librarian up in here to take control. #JodiArias

I think there is no chance they will impose the death sentence. They haven't seen a fraction of the evidence that the first Jury saw...

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan has arrived in a black suit and yellow tie #JuanTieReport #jodiarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 @WildaboutTrial2 · 16s 16 seconds ago

Donovan just walked in, sweet hair mullet and fluorescent yellow shirt as to not stand out and such. #JodiArias

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Anyone feeling like there's going to be some major drama in the courtroom this morning? I am.

It's too bad that her hateful acts (donations in his name, contacting national enquirer, interviews) after the murder cannot be brought in. They show who she truly is. The jurors know about 1/3 of what we know about Marc McGee and Jodi Arias. It seems unfair somehow.

Let's remember, tho, that many of these jurors probably know *something* from the first trial. Unless they were living under a rock, this was in their own backyard and was on the local & national news. Do they know everything? No, but I would hope they have some context of the nonsense from the first trial as some point of reference. Like, for example, her 'I wasn't there/it was ninjas/he attacked me because I dropped the camera' to now the 'he abused me' story.

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 2m 2 minutes ago
Juan is here, sitting by the family. I can almost touch his hair #JodiArias

Ya, but things get overturned. So as long as she is alive there will always be a chance, no matter what. Case in point, Charlie Manson.

I just don't think it's worth getting everyone into a tizzy about parole. Even if they reinstate it sometime in the future, she still has to be found eligible for parole. And even if she gets a parole hearing there's no guaranteeing she will get out.

It's an extremely remote chance that she will ever get out, IMO. And I think the sentence of LWP is going to be an extremely remote chance anyways. That's saying the jury could not agree on life or death, and that JSS would not give her LWOP.

Say what you want about JSS. I'm certainly not her biggest fan. But I don't think she would sentence her to LWP if it came to her.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member