Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
grammieto5, Dr. Samuels had to admit in court that he had based his finding of post trauma stress on the killer's lie but he went sideways & claimed that he has known perpetrators who suffer PTSD from their violent act. So, he announced, the diagnosis stands. However, Dr. DeMarte found NO evidence of PTSD in Arias & she was working from the fact that Arias had committed the murder, not witnessed it while ninjas laid waste.

From JEN:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2h 2 hours ago

#jodiarias trial is back on at 9:30am MST/12:30ET

Nurmi will be cross examining Detective Flores

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi is here he's always early. Think we just heard the sex tape. He's getting all his videos ready #jodiarias

So the PTSD begins post-murder? How is that mitigating? Did JA claim in the first trial she was abused as a child, other than a push by her probably justifiably angry dad once?

In all of testing, questionnaires that are necessary in applying for disability due to post trauma stress, are the most suspect. People fudge in order to qualify. There were accessories to the PTSD test Dr. Samuels administered, malingering & deception inventories. Surprisingly, Dr. Samuels failed to give those to Arias.

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi must have been the kid that was always first to class! LOL!! #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi is here he's always early. Think we just heard the sex tape. He's getting all his videos ready #jodiarias

As much as I'd like to watch JM in action again, the horrible memory of Nurmi "sex talking" makes me very glad we're being spared this time.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 2m2 minutes ago
Nurmi is here, jacket off, white shirt, deep salmon tie. He has a ton of papers on the desk. #JodiArias

So the PTSD begins post-murder? How is that mitigating? Did JA claim in the first trial she was abused as a child, other than a push by her probably justifiably angry dad once?

My guess would be it goes toward not imposing death on a mentally ill person. Nurmi may try to suggest to the jury that even if they believe the killer wasn't mentally ill at the time of the crime, they should see her as such now and have mercy and sentence her to life.

That is another thing I have never understood. Not one photo of Travis was taken that day that showed he was in a state of sexual arrousal. Even in the two photos of him on the bed are very very odd. Even my own husband commented 'what man would want a photo of themselves without an erection if it was suppose to be a sex photo?'

It actually looks like to me that Travis was surprised when the photo was taken. In one he looks like he could be sleeping and in the other he does the peace sign. And why were they taken from afar and at an angle?

I think she snuck in while Travis was on his bed sleeping (a lot of men do sleep in the buff) and placed the KY jelly there and then went back away from him and snapped the first photo and the second photo he didn't look happy at all. And she took the KY with her so that means she brought it.

I truly think she put it on the bed so he would know she was there. He would know no one else knew about the KY but him and Jodi.

So really there is no evidence that they even had sex that day. IMO.

There is just so much of this that doesn't make sense. Not one photo of them together in any sex act and according to JA she said they made those kind of photos yet none were ever found.

From what I understand, there were two other photos not admitted into evidence that shows them 'together', there was a minute entry that mentioned that both sides agreed they weren't needed by either party (or words to that effect.

I'm still dubious about all of the nudies though, whether they were taken that day or were copied to his camera card at the timestamp times, one thing I am sure of is he's not flashing a peace sign, he's merely throwing the bottle of KY at her when the pic snaps (you can see the blur of it to the left), he does not seem pleased to have found it on the bed when he woke up, and probably not pleased she was surreptitiously taking photos of him.

I agree the ceiling pic took place when he rushed her. He was finally able to grab the knife (result is the deep wound between his thumb and forefinger) and get to his feet and push his way out of the shower. They ended up at the sink and she gets control of the knife back and this is where she begins slashing and stabbing at his upper right shoulder blade, the result is the shallow stab wounds and the scratches. After that they struggle, maybe they fall, he gets up and tries to run out of the bathroom, he falls, either from weakness or from pain as she stabs him in the back and he ends up on his hands and knees. This is where she slashes his throat and finally he loses consciousness.

To me that last photo of her pant leg is after he's already dead, maybe dragging him or repositioning him. But it's definitely possible the murder was still happening there. I just think it was after because I think she slashed his throat while he was on his hands and knees.

Although a minute and two seconds (from ceiling pic to pant leg pic) is a long time when someone is going at you with a knife, I don't believe it's enough time for her to have inflicted all those wounds plus the neck slash and be dragging him back towards the shower, but we're mostly in agreement, MeeBee. :) Nice Fall we're having, eh?

From what I understand, there were two other photos not admitted into evidence that shows them 'together', there was a minute entry that mentioned that both sides agreed they weren't needed by either party (or words tot hat effect.

I'm still dubious about all of the nudies though, whether they were taken that day or were copied to his camera card at the timestamp times, one thing I am sure of is he's not flashing a peace sign, he's merely throwing the bottle of KY at her when the pic snaps (you can see the blur of it to the left), he does not seem pleased to have found it on the bed when he woke up, and probably not pleased she was surreptitiously taking photos of him.

I'd also be inclined to believe there was a possibility they were taken from another day, maybe, though I'm not sure the time stamps would have reflected that. Except for one thing:

She's a brunette in the pictures. The last Jodi had seen Travis she was a blonde. And they are definitely taken from Travis' bed because they were his brown sheets.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan is wearing a black suit and coral tie today #juantiereport

I think she means salmon.

e3a1ff04e9f7f1d93f0b42e39c8bb7f9.jpg

Have you guys seen this?

A HUGE thank you to everyone! LOL Having to refresh for every thank you is making me grumpy. Thanks again :)

Although a minute and two seconds (from ceiling pic to pant leg pic) is a long time when someone is going at you with a knife, I don't believe it's enough time for her to have inflicted all those wounds plus the neck slash and be dragging him back towards the shower, but we're mostly in agreement, MeeBee. :) Nice Fall we're having, eh?

Yep I think for the most part we are. And you certainly make a good point about the time stamps.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 2m2 minutes ago
I told myself to leave a bit later today and I still get here an hour early. #OCD #AlwaysEarly #HowIRoll #JodiArias

I haven't seen this!

There's a similar recreation that someone did to show the positioning and Jodi and Travis in the pants photo.

View attachment 62372
After seeing those I firmly believe she was dragging him back to the bathroom. With all of the blood pouring over his arm, his throat had already been slit. I dont recall if she said she was also nude when he "tackled" her to the ground?

No she was dressed, taking pictures, and omg he said that she was teh stupid and that a 5 year old can take better pics omg and then she ran.....she ran into a closet, a maze, a magic den where she fought a dragon and won a gun from Travis' s closet. Then she pointed it at him, loaded, because she wasn't trying to hurt him. It was um well that's you stop, collaborate, and listen. But Travis didn't. So boom. She shot him.

Quote Juan, "What's a girl to do?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member