Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know and respect that this is a court of law. In my fantasies, though, I see JM turning to Nurmi and saying, quietly, aren't you ashamed of yourself for slandering Travis? The victim of a horrible crime by your client? Who did NOTHING to deserve being butchered by that monster?

@monicalindstrom: Could it be she was thinking of the best time to Slice him up? JM to Det Flores #JodiArias

Do we know how many, if any, of the jury are
LDS?

Hello! It's been a long time! I can't believe I got sidetracked and just today realized the retrial was on DAY 5! Where is my head. I must admit it is quite frustrating not being able to see it on TV. I did see Beth Karas said that one day we may be able to see it. Anywho, what have I missed?

Good to see you Radar and Sassy.

“@NancyGraceHLN: Martinez is very animated; jury looks alert #JodiArias”

Can we please stop bashing the judge for "allowing" questions that she has no choice but to allow? It is not the judge's fault that JA/Nurmi chose victim-bashing as part of their theory of the case and she does not have any right to stop them from doing it.

The point of these questions IMO is to show that Jodi and Travis had a "secret," twisted relationship totally in conflict with Mormonism, which created this huge tension and feelings of "debasement" for Jodi, and that Travis helped set up that situation. The jury is supposed to think that, combined with Jodi's mental illness, this stressful situation pushed her over the edge into premeditated cruel murder. Voila! Mitigation!

IMO this ain't gonna work. But JSS has to let them try even if it makes her puke.

Normally, the client is in charge of the "facts" and the goals, and the lawyer is in charge of getting from here to there. But IMO the strategy of linking up the sex facts to the goal of a life sentence was probably Nurmi's, based on his experience in that area.

Sorry AZlawyer. I have to disagree with you. You can tell me all week long that this is fine under AZ law. But I can tell you right back that this is reprehensible. And since you have 12 jurors listening then yes, NK may sway just one of them. The judge should never have allowed it. They are bashing the victim and I have no respect for them for doing so SINCE JODI WAS FOUND GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- Did you disbelieve everything #jodiarias told you? Flores NO #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Flores- At first I believed she shot Travis in the face. I testified I misunderstood Dr. Horn at first trial #jodiarias #3tvarias

Juan- Did you disbelieve everything #jodiarias told you? Flores NO #3tvarias

Sorry AZlawyer. I have to disagree with you. You can tell me all week long that this is fine under AZ law. But I can tell you right back that this is reprehensible. And since you have 12 jurors listening then yes, NK may sway just one of them. The judge should never have allowed it. They are bashing the victim and I have no respect for them for doing so SINCE JODI WAS FOUND GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER.

Not just AZ law--all US law. Now, I happen to agree with you that it's a reprehensible and disgusting defense. I would never be able to follow through with it myself. But the judge is not allowed to stop them from doing it.

Yes I understand State's burden. But I don't accept that the defense never had to establish how and where the phone was "found."

Accept it or not, evidence is never a defendant's burden. Now, if the defense wanted to claim someone else tampered with the phone and that's how evidence got on there, they'd need to establish something about where the phone last was and where and when it later showed up. But otherwise... accept or not, tis true.

Can we please stop bashing the judge for "allowing" questions that she has no choice but to allow? It is not the judge's fault that JA/Nurmi chose victim-bashing as part of their theory of the case and she does not have any right to stop them from doing it.

The point of these questions IMO is to show that Jodi and Travis had a "secret," twisted relationship totally in conflict with Mormonism, which created this huge tension and feelings of "debasement" for Jodi, and that Travis helped set up that situation. The jury is supposed to think that, combined with Jodi's mental illness, this stressful situation pushed her over the edge into premeditated cruel murder. Voila! Mitigation!

IMO this ain't gonna work. But JSS has to let them try even if it makes her puke.

Normally, the client is in charge of the "facts" and the goals, and the lawyer is in charge of getting from here to there. But IMO the strategy of linking up the sex facts to the goal of a life sentence was probably Nurmi's, based on his experience in that area.

Thank you AZLawyer. I would far rather have a cautious judge like this one, who I think is doing her best to ensure there can be no appeals, than any other. How would we all feel if JA were able to successfully appeal her conviction???? Give me slow and steady . . .

and two years later it's found by Aunt Sue under the seat of Jodi's grandpa truck. I'm sure the fingers are Gus's. He gave her the phone and left a little something for her to see.
BBM
... about the same time the forged letters surfaced.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- Did #jodiarias have 2 orgasms on call? Flores Yes. Did Travis have one? Yes. Mic drop Juan is done . We are on a break #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
Juan- Did #jodiarias have 2 orgasms on call? Flores Yes. Did Travis have one? Yes. Mic drop Juan is done . We are on a break #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- Did #jodiarias have 2 orgasms on call? Flores Yes. Did Travis have one? Yes. Mic drop Juan is done . We are on a break #3tvarias

Is that good or bad?

I like Wild but I don't like his sidekick Kinsey. I am changing to Jen for tweets.

Sorry I'm about as smart as a bowl of Chex mix.....what is the point of this question and why did JM end on it? TIA. :blushing:

I think regardless of what the defense introduces, Juan has two things against him - the killer's age and the killer's sex. I am not sure he can get a DP conviction but man, I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela