Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrialDiariesJ: Was it ever determined where Jodi cleaned herself up after murder-No #jodiarias #3tvarias

Getting she cleaned herself in shower with Travis' body?

@TrialDiariesJ: Where her pants she wore in photo ever recovered- No #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Any blood in rental car- No
#jodiarias #3tvarias

@monicalindstrom: The State RESTS for underlying evidence #jodiArias

@TrialDiariesJ: Was it ever determined where Jodi cleaned herself up after murder-No #jodiarias #3tvarias

Getting she cleaned herself in shower with Travis' body?

@TrialDiariesJ: Where her pants she wore in photo ever recovered- No #jodiarias #3tvarias

I've always thought she climbed right on in the shower after she put Travis in there.

@TrialDiariesJ: How long before murder was this recorded- 3 weeks #jodiarias #3tvarias

#jurygetsit

I think Nurmi is doing GREAT. It's his job to throw everything out there to save his client's life. No matter how guilty this defendant is, she deserves the same US Constitution mandated defense any innocent person would get.

To quote some wise person before me......OH, CRY ME. RIVER! She is a convicted murderer so save it!

@TrialDiariesJ: When did roommates find Travis- 5 days later #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Where were roommates- Working and housesitting #jodiarias #3tvarias

#jodiarias #3tvarias

What does that even mean?? Am I that dumb :confused: In my defense it's 7pm here and I am tired!

ETA ~ Never mind. DUH I thought "for underling evidence" meant something bad, or not allowed! I am tired

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan has no more evidence regarding the underlining circumstances & so now mitigation will begin when we return Thurs #jodiarias #3tvarias

#jodiarias #3tvarias

Whoa. Great question I assume came from a juror. They picked up that JA must have showered in Travis shower after she killed him.

Shows she was calm cool and collective after the murder. Not someone that is horrified at what they just did.

She said she was driving after the murder and then she stopped somewhere and she realized there was blood on her hands. Sure she did. No blood in the car. She cleaned up before she left his house. Not with water bottles that I believe she said she had in the car and used.

@NancyGraceHLN: Jury is excused for the evening. Court resumes Thursday at 12:45pm ET. #JodiArias

@monicalindstrom: Now that the jury is up to speed, the defense can start with its mitigation evidence #JodiArias

Sorry AZlawyer. I have to disagree with you. You can tell me all week long that this is fine under AZ law. But I can tell you right back that this is reprehensible. And since you have 12 jurors listening then yes, NK may sway just one of them. The judge should never have allowed it. They are bashing the victim and I have no respect for them for doing so SINCE JODI WAS FOUND GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER.

Hi Curious, ITA on the reprehensible. Tennessee has recently passed a law that at least appears to target and prevent this type of conduct. It's so unfair IMO, that the defendant in this case seems to have all of the rights as far as "prejudicial" evidence being disallowed, without equal protection for the poor murdered victim, Travis. :(. Maybe if AZ had a law such as this in place, it might have prevented not all, but at least some of CMJA's lies, fabrications and slandering of Travis. He's not even here to defend himself and has been dealt a terrible injustice, IMO.

AZ, thanks so much for all your expertise, would love for you to weigh in on this. Are you familiar with the new Tennessee law and it's implications ? TIA :seeya:

Senate passes laws inspired by Channon Christian & Chris Newsom
http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2014/02/20/senate-passes-laws-inspired-by-channon-christian--chris-newsom/5644671/

The Senate approved that measure unanimously, along with an amended version of the Channon Christian Act. It would prevent evidence or allegations of previous behavior that could call into question the character of a victim, defendant, witness or third-party.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headl...-Christian--Christopher-Newsom-261758361.html
Governor Bill Haslam has signed into law two bills named in honor of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.
The Channon Christian Act prevents attorneys from bringing up allegations against victim's that may not relate to the case.

Questions for the Jury:

Was it ever determined where #JodiArias cleaned herself up after the murder- NO

for Det. Flores: were the pants seen in the photo recovered by the police? A: No

Any blood in rental car- No

Who recorded sex call? Jodi Arias

How long before murder was this recorded- 3 weeks

When did roommates find Travis- 5 days later

No. She's rotated between juvenile and criminal every 3 years during her 13 years so far on the bench. Before that she was a prosecutor for 20 years.

You probably know her background. If you don't mind speculating, do you think she finds the whole spectacle absolutely disgusting and wishes she could do more? One thing she does remarkably well in front of the jury is to never appear to be exasperated or upset, even though any normal person would feel like ripping someone's head off while presiding over this case.

Caveat: I live in Travis County, which has Rosemary "DUI/spit on cops" Lehmberg, who succeeded Ronnie "seven grand juries/Smillion$ on Tom DeLay/all charges overturned" Earle, so people like JM only exist on TV for me and I have no idea what a "normal" prosecutor is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member