Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there was no internet/social media back in the OJ days. :dunno:

There was (and still is) USENET, which is basically a precursor to forums such as this one. Except that ANYONE could be a member if they had internet access. For the most part, the people using it were students and people at tech and various companies and research facilities. When AOL became popular, though, it became flooded with all sorts of people. I used to read the newsgroup alt.true-crime and some downright SCARY people sometimes posted there. There were more than a few loonies and trolls though, and it got REALLY bad once scammers figured out they could flood thousands and thousands of newsgroups with their spew for the price of one month of internet service.

yes, she, (JA) the witness would refuse to testify for herself, thus sabotaging her case allowing for mistrial. I think Nurmi was HOPING that JSS would not grant the court be cleared giving reason for JA to not testify and justice could not be properly served opening a way for appeals later. This makes SOOO much sense to me, always has, though I may not be explaining it right. Also, her DT are saying they cannot rearrange their schedule. Likely because there are NO more witnesses. So the "narrow" (what was intended by media) appeal would stop the entire trial. I read something also about concerns from the judge about the jurors having to drop out if if the stay/appeal (i forget) stopped the trial. This is all the most logical in my mind.

Yes, the business about the witness only being available now and not being able to call witnesses out of order makes it almost impossible to think it could be the killer herself. Also, "Jodi Arias needs this witness" was bleated by Nurmi to the judge. And what about the witness refusing to testify unless it is in private.

None of that washes with the secret witness being Killer Arias. Someone is pulling someone else's chain, because IMO if the judge granted the defense's wishes for a secret witness and that witness turns out to be the convicted killer, then Her Honor should step down due to loss of mental faculties.

I don't think anyone ever said she was in fear for her life. Somehow we got stuck on that term, but it was never stated that was the reason. It would be her right to a fair trial would be my guess. At least that is the excuse.

@courtchatter: How can someone in solitary confinement be in fear for her life? #JodiArias

Same here. Light one up for me too. Can you only imagine the throes of manipulation she has probably wrapped around people, including Travis.

Good morning!

Poor Travis, those five months with CMJA must have been the longest, most frustrating, time of his life. Now, that manipulation extends to his family--my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Regardless of the continued stunts by CMJA and her defense team, I have faith that this jury and Juan will prevail with justice for Travis and his family.

I have a question that I hope somebody can answer. If JA got on the stand and claimed all kinds of abuse from her parents, will JM be able to use the interview tapes with her parents where they basically said she's a liar?

This all makes a lot of sense to me. JA refuses to testify unless the court is closed, which would be unprecedented and come very close to violating the Constitution if JSS allows it. I bet the killer was expecting and hoping for JSS to deny her request, uphold the constitution and thus give her a stronger foundation on which to appeal, since she wasn't allowed to testify in her defense, in the way she felt most mitigated her.

What's very interesting, though, is that now that JSS has surprised everyone, including the killer, and approved her request, all of a sudden, there is a "leak", corroborated by 3 witnesses (!) that it is actually the killer who is the "mystery" witness. This is the second best grounds for appeal, since the identity was sealed and was supposed to remain a secret.

P.S. I had always strongly suspected the witness was JA, because who else would demand that the constitution itself be bent to her will? It all fits so perfectly, and shows just how desperate she is to avoid justice. An effort that's not working out too well for her, thankfully.

If my above theory is correct, it also shows JSS is not the fool some are making her out to be, and is not in any way in the killers pocket. She's onto her, and one step ahead, blocking any doors to appeal the killer tries to pry open.

I'm just now catching up on yest afternoon's debacle and all I can say is wtf? WTF?!?!?!?! I really can't take much more of this crap. I think I have to be outta here til verdict time. I don't want to have to start taking blood pressure meds.

imo, I think JA is loving having the media shut out and the outrage it has caused. Her manipulation was a success (thanks to JSS). She didn't get her way (not guilty verdict) in the first trial so this is her way of torturing the media, us and Travis' family. She has spent all these days in her little cell plotting and planning every angle she can to 'get back at' those that she feels wronged by, trying every tactic to get a mistrial. She knows how much we want to know and see what is being said. We will inspect every detail of every word and we Know her lies.

imo, I think JA is loving having the media shut out and the outrage it has caused. Her manipulation was a success (thanks to JSS). She didn't get her way (not guilty verdict) in the first trial so this is her way of torturing the media, us and Travis' family. She has spent all these days in her little cell plotting and planning every angle she can to 'get back at' those that she feels wronged by, trying every tactic to get a mistrial. She knows how much we want to know and see what is being said. We will inspect every detail of every word and we Know her lies.
I agree and I also feel like when the reports that the media were leaving because this time around there is not as much interest in JA, she wanted to make it seem like it was her decision the media were leaving. She can't stand to not be the center of attention.

ETA: or this gets her more attention and gets the media back like it was the first time.

Anyone got a link to the footage of her in stripes today?

Wow, just wow. Excellent post and expresses my and many others thoughts. I just want things to be done and for Jodi Arias to go away. I want peace for the Alexander's.

Oh, me too! I was not planning on watching coverage of this retrial had it been televised because I was so nauseated by the sight of the killer's face and hearing her lies, dotted with images of her mother and aunt laughing it up in court. I want the killer gone, never to be heard from again, and the sooner the better.

But one thing still bothers me big time and that is a judge closing the courtroom without cause. I do not accept that. There needs to be means for ensuring that elected officials and other members of our legal system are doing their jobs. There are too many opportunities for corruption if they are allowed to conduct business covertly. Such secrecy needs to be confined to very special cases where either the citizens involved or the subject matter is highly sensitive in nature. Killer Arias's penalty trial does not qualify, IMO. I believe that if there is just cause for banning the public from a public courtroom, that cause must be made known to the public, but Stephens has apparently sealed her reason for closing these proceedings.

And finally, the citizens of Arizona are footing the bill for this trial-turned-fiasco--they are entitled to participate in the process and denying them this without cause and reasonable explanation thereof is denying them their constitutional right.

IMO

I can't help but think this fiasco was intended to detract from the impact statements of Tanesha and Stephen. Instead of media (and us) focusing on their words and Travis, here we all are playing ouija boards on who this mystery person is. Kind of makes me even madder when I think about this possibility.

Maybe she has to testify first to lay the foundation for other mitigation witnesses. Either way, this ruling is a farce and a slap in the face to the constitution. I don't see how an appeals court won't overturn it. I know juan will make mincemeat out of her either way but it's sickening to think this type of ruling for a convicted murderer could be made. I hope this move backfires on her big time. If I were a juror i would not be able to get out of my head the fact that the public and media had to be cleared so she could testify. It would make me question anything she says even more bc she's too afraid to do it in front of the public and her family. Absolutely disgusting

This all makes a lot of sense to me. JA refuses to testify unless the court is closed, which would be unprecedented and come very close to violating the Constitution if JSS allows it. I bet the killer was expecting and hoping for JSS to deny her request, uphold the constitution and thus give her a stronger foundation on which to appeal, since she wasn't allowed to testify in her defense, in the way she felt most mitigated her.

What's very interesting, though, is that now that JSS has surprised everyone, including the killer, and approved her request, all of a sudden, there is a "leak", corroborated by 3 witnesses (!) that it is actually the killer who is the "mystery" witness. This is the second best grounds for appeal, since the identity was sealed and was supposed to remain a secret.

P.S. I had always strongly suspected the witness was JA, because who else would demand that the constitution itself be bent to her will? It all fits so perfectly, and shows just how desperate she is to avoid justice. An effort that's not working out too well for her, thankfully.

This makes sense to me.
However, I am tired of the "fear of appeal" (not from you, just using this post as a jumping off point).
Protecting against an appeal? Only the judge has a vested interest in that, in the long run.

Ooooooooh... the dreaded appeal. I say: so what, if she appeals. So what, if she wins the appeal? She is not ever going to walk free. Throw her under the constitutional bus and let the chips fall.

If the "protect against the appeal' thing is real, this is not just about JA. That move is all about JSS.

Wow. Just wow. That mystery tweeter then may have known something afterall.

Then why did Nurmi state yesterday that he could not rearrange the scheduled testimony of this witness? Did he just stand up in court and lie to the press? And the judge and JM played along? Is this not a public court or is it all just a big game?

Maybe she has to testify first to lay the foundation for other mitigation witnesses. Either way, this ruling is a farce and a slap in the face to the constitution. I don't see how an appeals court won't overturn it. I know juan will make mincemeat out of her either way but it's sickening to think this type of ruling for a convicted murderer could be made. I hope this move backfires on her big time. If I were a juror i would not be able to get out of my head the fact that the public and media had to be cleared so she could testify. It would make me question anything she says even more bc she's too afraid to do it in front of the public and her family. Absolutely disgusting
This is my thought too. I think Jodi has to testify first to lay a foundation for others testimony. Hopefully an attorney will pop in and answer this for us.

I hope you will follow the suggestion of ~Lyric~ to put this in a blog where we can easily find it again. Very well written and the feelings many of us share but did not have words to express. Thank you for this.

I have tried to be patient and lenient with JSS, but it ended today. I hope the media actions are heard quickly and have an outcome that brings openness back to this trial.

I, too, cannot get Tanisha and Stephen out of my mind tonight. ((((Tanisha)))) (((( Stephen))))
((((all the Alexander family and friends))))

I think JSS has done Tanisha and Stephen and the entire Alexander family a huge disservice today by allowing this absurd clearing of the public from the courtroom!

And I wish OBE would send her post to every newspaper in Phoenix, the judge and JM!

I don't get the judge asking about rescheduling. It's not like JA has a choice, or has an appointment for a book deal coming up some time next week and can't make the trial.

Maybe she thinks if this leaks out that she can ask for a mistrial because someone leaked the information. Same deal as Mrs. Flores.

LambChop, the rescheduling question from the judge is what has me scratching my head. If this is all true, maybe the strategy is "brilliant" as KCL said, but the public is paying the bill and they have been duped. This isn't pretty and the judge and attorneys, even JM, are playing a game with our U.S. Constitution. No one should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28