Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe CMJA is the only witness?

KCL - now I REALLY want to know who that guy on twitter was that you posted about this am who already knew it was her.

Likely Keifer or Maria. Who is going to call them on it? This whole trial seems like a joke instead of a death penal case.

LOL. The last time she testified she was on the stand for 18 days, wasn't she? What would be a day or two extra?

But why would JSS seal her testimony until trial is over? How could anyone openly challenge a testimony that's sealed? How unfair to Travis Alexander.

I think a lot of people thought it was her but then figured "Nah, JSS wouldn't be that indulging to the killer".
That thought crossed my mind, but this is DP case and JSS doesn't want any reason for a mistrial.
JMO

I didn't give it a second thought after AZL ruled her out, but tweets came in that she wore a blazer, it all makes sense now. We'll probably know more on Monday.

This is what fran said:

Jodi put on a blazer over her blouse or shirt. IMHO, she's the witness.

Jodi wanted everyone out of the courtroom, including her family.

IMHO, she's gonna make the testimony during her trial look like a cake walk, as to what she MAY say about the abuse by her mom. She doesn't want her mom in there to hear the new lies?

Nurmi told Arias she didn't have mitigating circumstances, severe child abuse etc. It seems what she originally testified to wasn't mitigating enough. Bet she has a new angle.

Just a guess,
fran
Yes, I agree with the new angle. Thanks for the re-post. :juanettes:

So, who gets to stay in the courtroom? Juan, KN, JW, jurors, ....?
She most def will throw someone under the bus.

I have absolutely no legal background, as evidenced by previous posts. LOL. Without cameras in the courtroom I believe the media is being played right now, so as to get them to back off from filing their appeal. I just don't believe what they are feeding us. And I admit I love Troy Hayden from Fox news. Just don't believe it.

I don't think anyone ever said she was in fear for her life. Somehow we got stuck on that term, but it was never stated that was the reason. It would be her right to a fair trial would be my guess. At least that is the excuse.

Yeah. I think the tweeter maybe over stated it. I think that the ruling said something about allowing closed proceedings if a witness "feels intimidated".
If there is ONE thing we know it's that Jodi never feels intimidated. Not sexually. Not physically. Not emotionally. Not verbally. Hell, she tried to take on a career Prosecutor on his own turf for 18 days!

I think the secrecy factor could also be used by the defense to play up the poor Arias angle,lamenting she and everyone close to her has been bullied, harassed, vilified, crucified by the media and the public (a view shared by former juror Zervakos).....now as a jury please don't do the same thing to her;please show her mercy and allow her to live.............
What a travesty! But to some degree I think that's what convinced Zervakos, adding to the poor abused young girl tragically thrown off the trajectory of her life by mean old Travis.

The tempest is brewing, and will only continue to blow, gaining strength and momentum, unless JSS shuts it down, which I feel she is simply incapable of doing. And while we seethe at the unconscionable antics of this untethered DT, we can only imagine the unending agony perpetuated upon Travis' family.

I wonder how the DT will be affected down the road, because I do feel they will be, in ways they never imagined.

and was hoping AZL was around but now see she already addressed it. I totally agree with her. A no brainer. A defendant testifying can't make these demands. I've never even heard such a thing suggested before. It's beyond absurd. A defendant has the right "to remain silent", to not testify. But if they testify, there ain't no special arrangements. And a convicted murderer? I can't even fathom a reason why their testimony would be treated as in some way "special". A jury has already found her to be a big fat liar with their verdicts. What could possibly cause her trial to be unfair if she testified publicly?

I just really can't wait to see the legal documentation of this defense motion and opposition and decision by the judge. There's gotts be some creative legal argument in there.

I just knew I shouldn't come back to this case and I've tried to stay away as I just find it beyond awful for the family. But this kowtowing to a convicted murderer, if true, is just about the most ridiculous thing I could never imagine. A defendent has no such right that I've ever heard of in any of the 50 states.

Also, I would think if it were some issue about not wanting the JA family there, wouldn't they just agree to not be there, since they're there to support her. It's her family and her problem is my opinion! Thank God they have the Victim's rights in AZ to allow the A family to remain. That would have been truly awful if this convicted murderer could have them ordered out.

UGH-why did I start following this again.....

Thanks for your post. You just bolstered my belief that this is all a game, a leak to play the media.

Yes, the business about the witness only being available now and not being able to call witnesses out of order makes it almost impossible to think it could be the killer herself. Also, "Jodi Arias needs this witness" was bleated by Nurmi to the judge. And what about the witness refusing to testify unless it is in private.

None of that washes with the secret witness being Killer Arias. Someone is pulling someone else's chain, because IMO if the judge granted the defense's wishes for a secret witness and that witness turns out to be the convicted killer, then Her Honor should step down due to loss of mental faculties.

Thank you! Some sanity for a change!

But why would JSS seal her testimony until trial is over? How could anyone openly challenge a testimony that's sealed? How unfair to Travis Alexander.

It sounds like JA to me. If it were another witness who did not want their testimony or ID revealed it is going to happen anyway once the trial is over. Everyone will hear it and read what was said. The only person vested in not letting the public know what is going on is Jodi. A secret witness makes no sense if their identity and testimony will eventually be released.

So if Jodi is the one testifying there is no reason to keep her identity a secret. I'm willing to bet that the judge is just waiting to be overruled. Let's hope so. jmo

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2h2 hours ago

Nurmi says media is making light of #JodiArias trial rights. Says he can not rearrange witness schedule.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 2h2 hours ago

Judge asks if they can shift the witness schedule. Nurmi says no. #JodiArias @12news

Then why did Nurmi state yesterday that he could not rearrange the scheduled testimony of this witness? Did he just stand up in court and lie to the press? And the judge and JM played along? Is this not a public court or is it all just a big game?
But did the schedule tweet refer to the witness' schedule or the defense's schedule? As in postponing their witness testimony would ruin their schedule? I assume that an expert could only testify after JA herself has laid the groundwork.

It's hard for me to find the tweet while browsing on my phone. ETA: Found them.

Well, I have to say I was more leaning toward some sort of expert who would say Jodi was so horridly abused as a child that there is no way she can be held responsible for the adult she has become. Or some such @#@*#&. My money would have been on the return of Alyce LaV. Yeah, I know she said she would not come back but I can envision the defense chipping away at her armor and in the end promising her the sun and the moon (by way of complete anonymity and a sizable paycheck).

I still think it could be something like that, possibly with JA herself saying it or paving the way for it to be said. Maybe they all put their little toy minds together and decided they had to do to Jodi's dad what Casey did to George. It's a toss-up as to whether Dad knows what is to be said and whether or not he approved it. For all we know, he could be the next witness to take the stand to lie...to own some hideously ugly deed that he is in reality completely innocent of.

Seriously folks, this is the only flavor of testimony I can think of where they could convince the court it has to be a locked courtroom with no one present but judge and jury. If this is actually what is going down, I hate to imagine what JA might be saying--what she might be accusing her father of. I get a nasty attack of rising bile just thinking of it.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 2h2 hours ago

Nurmi: if #JodiArias gets death, our (Nurmi and Wilmott) representation will get scrutinized for years.
That statement was made at yesterday's hearing, and I cannot get it out of my head. I do believe that this is what it is all about. Nurmi has threatened the court that he was forced to stay on as council, and cannot do his job with the public scrutiny.
I don't see the trial continuing until this matter is resolved. If the media wins their appeal, does the defense get a chance to appeal the appeal. Can and will any loosing parties take this all the way to the Arizona Supreme Court? How long of a delay can this turn into? If the media wins will it be grounds for a mistrial, because Jodi has already been on the stand and now won't testify? So many questions.

Just trying to catch up with the thread so I apologise ahead of time if this has already been put forward. I think Nurmi showed his hand during that brief hearing, I feel he is going to seek a closed court for the rest of the mitigation phase. If that's the case then how does JM rebut secret closed testimony, he can't so rebuttal & closing statements would also need to be closed. We have all been hoodwinked into believing there was a secret witness because of that move, I believe the witness was JA. She had her nervous toilet break just prior to the court going dark & was handed a jacke,t just like she had her nervous toilet breaks before she testified last time. JMHO

I pray you are wrong that Nurmi will actually receive a closed court. Jodi is no more hated than was Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson and so on. Jodi is no big deal anymore. When she goes to death row, who is going to care? (Now if she goes before JSS, she may get life with a chance at parole since I find no evidence of JSS being harsh enough to give her LWOP.) All that is important anymore is the victim, Travis Alexander. I pray that JM will shout that to the courthouse rooftop!

BBM: Just jumping off your post here:

Religion should have NEVER been brought up in this trial ... it has absolutely nothing to do with the murder of Travis, IMO !

All JMO and :moo:

You are so right DGC! None of us, no matter how religious or spiritual, are without fault. I don't care how many time Travis "sinned"; he was a good man and did NOT in any way deserve to be butchered!

The sins of the convicted murderer are far more numerous and heinous than Travis could have imagined in his brief and beautiful time here. No jury should be able to convict him, which is what these monsters want, imho.

Then why did Nurmi state yesterday that he could not rearrange the scheduled testimony of this witness? Did he just stand up in court and lie to the press? And the judge and JM played along? Is this not a public court or is it all just a big game?

Good morning, Curious!

IMO, yes, he did and it appears that his (and of course, CMJA's) lies are a recurring theme in this trial.:liar:

I hope that the Arizona Bar Ethics Committee has this trial and the defense team under a microscope. Nurmi's concern about his participation and antics being reviewed is a very valid concern, one that I sincerely hope results in him losing his license to practice law. MOO

Eta: Nevermind. Already being discussed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence