Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: It was just reported on the news that the:woot: Marine jailed in Mexico for 6 months, Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, has finally been released!!!

BTW: This Marine is someone who really suffers from PTSD. Just couldn't help but note this given JA's patently false claim of having ptsd.

RBBM: Juan !

IF CMJA is this "mystery witness," she does not want everyone to see Juan ripping her a new one.

Juan tore her a "4th one" in the trial ... and no doubt, he'll tear her a "5th one" in this re-trial.

"Einstein" hates Juan, and she knows she is absolutely NO match for Juan !

JMO but I think she would throw her family under the bus if all of them were sitting in the front row right behind her -- she does not care for anyone but herself !

Of course, all JMO and :moo:

So, she will no longer be known as the "3 hole wonder" She will take the new ownership of being the "5 hole wonder"?:shame: Sounds like a golf match to me.

If your scenario is true it just goes to show how evil she really is. I just don't get how she still gets to basically call the shots being a convicted murderer. I get this is about her "life" but still...

There is something wrong with this scenario. She's testified before. What could convince the judge that her testifying now is so dire and dangerous? Other than the fact that Nurmi and Wilmott are whining about their reputations. #crybabies,.

Question:
Is the court the media will submit the motion to, the same court that would handle CMJA's appeal requests?
If yes, and they reverse JSS's decision, and the jury hands down the DP, how could they then grant an appeal based on CMJA not being allowed to testify in secret?

drat - I confused myself.

I'm skipping posts -so please forgive if this has been brought up previously . . . .

Please . . . can someone tell me what or who JA would need to be "protected" from? And why would kicking everyone out be needed? She is locked up in solitary confinement for 23 hours per day!

It wouldn't be for protection. It would be for her right to a fair trial.. If the jury can't focus on her because they are analyzing her family through her lie, she won't get a fair trial. I am sure that is all Nurm's logic.

I'm skipping posts -so please forgive if this has been brought up previously . . . .

Please . . . can someone tell me what or who JA would need to be "protected" from? And why would kicking everyone out be needed? She is locked up in solitary confinement for 23 hours per day!

I read some of the tweets, Katiecoolady-you have really gotten under the skin at Justice4Jodieann, and I really like that!

There is something wrong with this scenario. She's testified before. What could convince the judge that her testifying now is so dire and dangerous? Other than the fact that Nurmi and Wilmott are whining about their reputations. #crybabies,.

She "refused" to testify in open court. DT threatened mistrial. JSS caved ---again.

:seeya: I tell ya, ya can't make this **** up !

Yep ... Unbelievable !

If a good book was written about this case and someone who had no knowledge of JA at all read it he/she would throw it out saying it's too ridiculous to be true. Ninjas, skateboarders, body slamming with one foot still in the shower, guns going off on their own, 28+ stabbings and near beheading all in self-defense, fogginess, victim supposedly being attracted to adult females, little boys and little girls, Snow White being abused, endless side-bars, 70% of motions and hearings under seal, secret witnesses.....

Truth IS stranger than fiction.

Wow! What a day. I am so glad she is already convicted of first degree. I was so worried last time. We will get through this. Just want the Alexanders to get this over and move on the best they can. They are amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL #crybabies.

Hi Elementary. I too am confused, and quite troubled, by this possibility.

The only thing that comes to mind, albeit doesn't make sense to me, is that they convinced the Judge that JA will be testifying as an abuse victim. And also makes me wonder if she is going to claim molestation at the hands of her father. IDK but I say again that if this is true there will be hell to pay in Maricopa County.

I would love to have AZLawyer weigh in with her thoughts on this.

Forgive me but I find hilarious that someone navigating the courthouse "bumped into" the sealed room accidentally. The word rang through the halls of justice, what she had seen. The House of Secrecy cards fell flat..in that chaotic way...WHAT A JOKE! I only say "she" because we have hips, the better to bump you with, or doors or whatever the need may be.

maybe they need to get Jodi's testimony in before someone else testifies.

And why might that be? They are devoid of strategy and creativity but they excel in lazy manipulation?

The fact is we know that the DT is opportunistic and manipulative. We should believe this now, why?

I done think this is about protecting Jodi. It is about protecting g the defense team. I'm thinking the threat to the court is that the defense team will not ask Jodi questions that they need to with the media there. I don't know how to explain my thought, but I do believe the threat to not testify is to protect the defense team.

If a good book was written about this case and someone who had no knowledge of JA at all read it he/she would throw it out saying it's too ridiculous to be true. Ninjas, skateboarders, body slamming with one foot still in the shower, guns going off on their own, 28+ stabbings and near beheading all in self-defense, fogginess, victim supposedly being attracted to adult females, little boys and little girls, Snow White being abused, endless side-bars, 70% of motions and hearings under seal, secret witnesses.....

Truth IS stranger than fiction.

...... sleeping under Christmas trees, crawling through doggy doors, upside down license plates, objections every two questions, tied up to the bed, audio phone-sex tapes, hippocampuses, head stands .......

...... sleeping under Christmas trees, crawling through doggy doors, upside down license plates, objections every two questions, tied up to the bed, audio phone-sex tapes, hippocampuses, head stands .......
.....Transient Global Amnesia...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

No I'm not, I just googled so look for it hahaha

In July something was going on in court and YesorNo posted this post 205 on Sidebar 25. It was also something about being a witness for Jodi that she wasn't at Travis's but with them have a threesome.

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
7/7/2014 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 7/10/2014
NOTE: TO INTERVENE WITH NEWLY DISCOVERED WITHHELD EVIDENCE AMICUS CURALE BRIEF
6/30/2014 SDO - Order to Seal Documents - Party (001) 7/9/2014
NOTE: DEFENDANTS REQUEST

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...=CR2008-031021

New evidence?

And what is a AMICUS CURALE BRIEF? Anyone know?

My internet won't let me Google.

I have the definition now:

"Definition: Latin term meaning "friend of the court". The name for a brief filed with the court by someone who is not a party to the case..
....a phrase that literally means "friend of the court" -- someone who is not a party to the litigation, but who believes that the court's decision may affect its interest."

http://www.techlawjournal.com/glossary/legal/amicus.htm

"Use of an Amicus Brief
An amicus curiae submits a written essay to a court, called an amicus brief, that provides the judges with new information or a different perspective from what the parties provided to the judge.

An amicus brief might contain:
citations to obscure cases that are relevant to the dispute at bar,
discussion of either
cases in foreign jurisdictions or
scholarly articles
that may persuade the judge,
factual information not presented by the parties at trial, or
public policy statements (e.g., stating the effect on professionals of a particular ruling for/against the plaintiff in the case at bar; stating the impact of a ruling on industry practice).

The attorney who prepares the amicus brief usually represents either a:
nonprofit organization (e.g., a professional society, trade association, public interest group),
corporation,
government, or
a party in another case with similar issues of law..."

http://www.rbs2.com/amicus.htm

Who is this "friend of the court" and what is this new evidence???

I agree! Poetic... note Sherry Sidebar reference,,, I bet they have been slashed by 60% - no cameras - no worries- reduced level of potential scrutiny by industry peers, how convenient it is now for this individual,,, who I had once admired, once,,,so,,,much,,,so.

Deinitely thinking sidebars only a fraction of those recorded in TAKE 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89