Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6 - Part 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first leak by Justus that she was testifying, was posted at 12:57pm on a website....does anyone know what timezone that time reflects? Was it AZ time???

Hope, I feel in my gut it was AZ time and that it was Keifer posting, right before they were booted that day.

What are your thoughts on this? I enjoy reading your posts. So many of you make me stop and think. A lot of times I am posting from sheer emotion because I want Jodi to pay for her crimes. What I love about WS, is there are so many intelligent minds who figure things out so well by really delving into the deep issues. Thanks.

I keep wondering why Nurmi said if the court is open for this witness, the defense attorneys would be scrutinized for years to come. What is he afraid of? Any ideas?

Assuming Jodi is the witness this is weird for Nurmi to say as he is her defense atty. (and I know there is not official confirmation of who it really is up there testifying), the only thing I can think of is that Jodi is testifying to the jury that she has made several motions to the court to have her own attorney removed from her case as "first chair". I read the document, her motion to remove him, earlier that a poster had put up the link to. It was scathing of Nurmi to say the least. Among many other things,she states the Nurmi failed to represent her by not investigating or talking to various witnesses she claims have valuable information that will prove she is dv victim and this was self defense, my conclusion of her motion and not exactly her words. Per Jodi, Nurmi essentially has completely failed to represent or defend her and does not like her and he told the world so at the last hearing. This could/would put questions in the jury's mind as to what information they are not receiving because of Nurmi's lack of interest, as she says, in representing her and would perhaps render the jurists hesitant to give her DP. This would in fact probably have defense atty's scrutinized for years. I don't know. Just wondering.

This jury probably understands less and knows less with regard to how manipulating Jodi is, so they might take her serious or it might make them wonder if she is getting fair representation.

This is all SPECULATION only, such an interesting statement from Nurmi.

I didn't feel much pity for her, truth be told. She never mentioned his family, never expressed real horror, and what seemed to bother her the most was her view that CMJA had squandered a bright future.

She may not have liked Travis since it was obvious he had rejected her daughter when Jodi was leaving Mesa. But you would think a "normal" person would have shown sadness over his death. I think Sandy's deepest fear was that in her heart she suspected her daughter all along. That's why Jodi showed her the trip receipts and said she wasn't in Arizona. Her mom must have been questioning her.

Here's the timeline, but time zones are the key problem.

12:32. Recess for 15 min after VIS's.
12:34. TA family leaves courtroom
12:36 Counsel at side bar
12:42 sidebar ends, court in recess. CMJA doesn't leave. Huddled with Wilmott.
12:45 Nurmi reading on his phone
12:48 TA family returns
12:54 CMJA and Wilmott in deep conversation
12:57 (?) Justus posts about what's going on, says needs to return to courtroom
12:58 MDL returns (hmmmmmm)
1:01 MDL and CMJA huddle
1:02 sidebar
1:13 JSS leaves the bench
1:15 CRT info officer called into chambers
1:17 first mention of media being kicked out
1:25 all parties in chamber
1:44 parties return
1:48 JM and Nurmi in huddle, Wilmott joins
2:00 recess called
3:12 court to be cleared (Sandy leaves)

Becaused she'd need them for once. :jail:

Yep. Jodi is not capable of real feelings for others but will pretend to care as long there is something in it for her--and not one minute longer.

Assuming Jodi is the witness this is weird for Nurmi to say as he is her defense atty. (and I know there is not official confirmation of who it really is up there testifying), the only thing I can think of is that Jodi is testifying to the jury that she has made several motions to the court to have her own attorney removed from her case as "first chair". I read the document, her motion to remove him, earlier that a poster had put up the link to. It was scathing of Nurmi to say the least. Among many other things,she states the Nurmi failed to represent her by not investigating or talking to various witnesses she claims have valuable information that will prove she is dv victim and this was self defense, my conclusion of her motion and not exactly her words. Per Jodi, Nurmi essentially has completely failed to represent or defend her and does not like her and he told the world so at the last hearing. This could/would put questions in the jury's mind as to what information they are not receiving because of Nurmi's lack of interest, as she says, in representing her and would perhaps render the jurists hesitant to give her DP. This would in fact probably have defense atty's scrutinized for years. I don't know. Just wondering.

This jury probably understands less and knows less with regard to how manipulating Jodi is, so they might take her serious or it might make them wonder if she is getting fair representation.

This is all SPECULATION only, such an interesting statement from Nurmi.

I agree with your thinking. The jury wasn't in court on Friday when this was said but they do not yet know how manipulative she is. If it comes out that she wanted him removed as counsel, they may be hesitant to give her DP. But I don't believe this information could come out in open court.

I keep wondering why Nurmi said if the court is open for this witness, the defense attorneys would be scrutinized for years to come. What is he afraid of? Any ideas?

My guess is they will be scrutinized for the malicious lies Jodi is telling about Travis and the fact that they allowed it and used it as a strategy

I don't know how often posts are made there, but couldn't one watch and see what time a new post, posts there and compare times? Just a thought. I don't know if it would work.

No, the family of JA are just spectators like the rest of the public, only with reserved seats. Only the family of the victim has these rights.

In the CA case, Cindy and George were only allowed to be in the courtroom by a defense motion which stated that since Caylee was their granddaughter, they were to be considered family of the victim! Thus, they, unlike other witnesses were not barred from the courtroom. IE, IMHO, they used Caylee to hear the testimony they would then use to fabricate their lies on the stand as supporters of Casey. Sick, sick...

At this point, I am eagerly awaiting the Appellate Court decision.

Mollyandme, I also agree (and posted on the other thread the very same thing). JSS may have ruled and sealed her reasoning to appease the defense and let the Appellate Court make the final decision...

The more I think about JSS ruling as she did, hoping an appeal would reverse her decision, the more plausible it seems. But, that tells me then, she doesn't have the stomach for the job. As judge, it's her courtroom. She has to be able to make the tough calls. I'm not seeing that, imo.

This is why I keep saying I believe Maria is involved deep in this. I think KCL posted she believes it was all Keifer, posting under two names. One is justusforall. Maybe Maria feeding him info? I have always thought she was guilty of feeding him the info about who the jury foreman was, etc.
Do you suspect the same? Do you think JM can prove this and file a charge against her or even try? Or is he just focused on the DP now? Maybe bring a charge later? Could the DA's office be looking into this?

OT but did you ever see the movie Runaway Jury? I am always looking for underlying motives.

Yep. Jodi is not capable of real feelings for others but will pretend to care as long there is something in it for her--and not one minute longer.

And she has already shown them she is very willing to throw them under the bus. Yet they are willing.

Are those AZ times?

Well if Aunt Sue is saying the Alexander's were the leak, that tells me the exact opposite- that the leak came from the Arias family. So was it Aunt Sue or Sandy???:thinking::waitasec:
Right before they were kicked out, Sandy Arias was in the side room with Jodi and that's when Jodi came back with the blazer on. Whatever was happening, or going to happen, Mama Sue was prepared for it by the defense.

Inferring from timeline...If the 12:57 time fell during first recess and the poster was actually there and on their way back in (or mimicking someone who was there) , only MDL was unaccounted for from counsel and both families.

Haven't tried yet to track Kiefer during that recess. Will also look more closely at whereabouts during the second recess, in case the 12:57 fell in there. Might well have.

Inferring from timeline...If the 12:57 time fell during first recess and the poster was actually there and on their way back in (or mimicking someone who was there) , only MDL was unaccounted for from counsel and both families.

Haven't tried yet to track Kiefer during that recess. Will also look more closely at whereabouts during the second recess, in case the 12:57 fell in there. Might well have.

Awesome sleuthing. Thanks.

I think you mean the right of the defendant to a fair trial. Yes, this would have to be the analysis, but then the question is how does allowing JA to testify in secret protect her right to a fair trial? There has to be something more than just "I want to."

Exactly, why now is it imperative for her to testify behind closed doors, when she has been so in everybody's faces forever? What could she possibly have to say that, if made public, would jeopardize her case?

The Michael Kiefer conspiracy theory is a joke, right? It's definitely not fact. You may not agree with his stance on the death penalty and his dislike for Juan Martinez, but this does not mean that he is pro-Jodi or that he is trying to change the outcome of this trial. He and Jeff Gold both Tweeted links to Troy Hayden's piece on Fox 10 Phoenix after Troy Hayden revealed the "secret witness." Troy Hayden was the one with "3 sources."

I don't think Troy Hayden is secretly JAII or anything, either.

MOO IMO etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member