Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, these statements will bring the true Travis through the next few weeks as Nurmi and CO trash him. So angry this is allowed with absolutely no proof..just JA's lies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3m 3 minutes ago

Sidebar is over, court is in recess. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Looks like #JodiArias wants to stay in the courtroom during this break. She is huddled up with Willmott at the moment.

Nicole Goodman Esq ‏@msesquirette 4m4 minutes ago
#JodiArias after such sadness I can't imagine that KN or JW would want to start trashing TA today. It will make her look awful which she is

@ericksonvision: #JodiArias has been looking at the photos of Travis on the monitors. She's low in her chair & may have had a tear or two. Tough to tell.

Well we know she holds her breath so her nose will turn red. Yep that convicted murderer knows all the tricks.

I'm thankful that no photos of CMJA have been posted here to day. Nuf said.

@ericksonvision:

#JodiArias has been looking at the photos of Travis on the monitors.

She's low in her chair & may have had a tear or two. Tough to tell.

BBM: CMJA having "a tear or two" my :behind: !

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now 4 seconds ago

Nurmi is standing and looking down at his mobile device.

#JodiArias still seated with Willmott on the side.

I think this is absolutely amazing the VI statements were given today.

This really is going to change everything for these jurors when Nurmi moves forward with all of his ridiculousness- it is all going to appear very warped and off kilter for them to hear the crap Nurmi's about to spew.

She's getting the death penalty.

Will Juan get a chance to ask about *advertiser censored* found on anything of his? and about Travis watching *advertiser censored* of a twelve year old girl ?

I don't see how anybody could have sat through that without crying. I cried while both statements were read. I'm still crying. After watching the trial last year, I could feel their grief.

What are the next few things that are coming up in this trial? Is there more testimony, or are we up to the mitigating factors? I have just read the tweets from the trial. I haven't been keeping up with any TV or radio shows. I didn't think we were anywhere close to the victim impact statements. Aren't we going to hear from the psychologists?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 20s 21 seconds ago

TA family is back in their seats. Still waiting. #JodiArias

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Will Juan get a chance to ask about *advertiser censored* found on anything of his? and about Travis watching *advertiser censored* of a twelve year old girl ?

Absolutely. He will definitely put on witnesses and ask if any *advertiser censored* was found in his home or on his computer. But this is for rebuttal.

Great discussion last night and this morning on previous thread about victim's rights. While trying to allow a defendant to get a fair trial, very often the victim of a crime is the subject of further victimization along with family and friends.
I take the position that some speck of evidence about the victim needs to be presented in order to present "bad" information about the victim. In this case just one person who saw a bruise or heard JA mention abuse would allow the defense to bring up the abuse excuse. JA admits she is a liar and has lied so often that I think the judge should have stepped in early on to stop this and ask for some kind of outside facts other than the mouth of the liar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM

The judge can't legally do that.

Now, the situation was different in the Casey Anthony trial. Baez brought up the "abuse" in opening and every ethical attorney commenting on the case said, "This means Casey has to testify"--because unless Baez thought George Anthony was just going to confess on the stand, that was the only way there would be evidence in support of the accusation. But she didn't testify.

Question for AZL (or anyone who might know):

Will it now be defense-state-defense now, or will it stay state-defense-state since they went first? TIA!

Defense-state-defense once the VIS are done.

I just wanted to share something, too, for funsies. Some of you probably already saw this but they were discussing Nurmi's question to Flores, "and you believed this mentally ill girl?" Monica Lindstrom was giving Nurmi his kudos for sneaking that in during the questioning, even if it was improper (though I don't think anyone should construe that as Monica "supporting" the defense at all. She's just thinking like a defense lawyer:).

They asked Joey Jackson if he thought it was a good move and Joey was like, "NO! You can't do that! You can't just throw 'facts' out there just to support your case!" He went on to say that any other judge would have reemed Nurmi for that comment.

I think this judge does not step in unless the attorneys object. Some judges are more proactive, but then if they step in too often on behalf of one side or the other, the jury might get to thinking "oh, the judge is on the prosecution's side," so that can be dangerous on appeal.

I really don't know..this comes as a surprise to me...maybe they are peppering this case with VIS? It seems very unusual timing.

VIS are normally read at the start of the mitigation phase. I think this was different back when your sister's trial(s) took place.

They can have as many VIS's as they want.

There is no set number, but the judge has to keep it limited to a reasonable number.

@monicalindstrom: TA’s family definitely deserves closure #Jodiarias

@monicalindstrom: Defense will have an uphill road to climb after victim statements #Jodiarias

B1Nk-wRCYAAkhFH.jpg

Link: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2014/10/21/jodi-arias-trial-twitter-updates/17660021/

Right, Lyric! Remorse is mental anguish rising from repentance for past misdeeds. Rather than repent, she defends ​what she did. We know this because we are choking on the surfeit of it.

@TrialDiariesJ: Jen Willmott is standing over #jodiarias engaged in a convo #3tvarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jillybean84