Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@NancyGraceHLN: Attorneys still at sidebar. #JodiArias is seated

State always go first then defense, the in closing statement state first, defense then state gets last word. But I'm not sure where we're at now. I don't know if I can handle reading Jodi's lies for pity.

It's opposite in mitigation. Defense gets last word.

Nurmi must be demonstrating his arc of gunfire based on the premise that Esteban Flores testified the gunshot came first. BUT, Flores did not so testify. What he went over was the history of the facts supporting a later conclusion that the State is in total accord with, a conclusion that was voiced in Dr. Horn's testimony.

I should add, to be clear, facts are not something like cherries that you walk into a scene and pick up to add to a bushel. Facts are developed from evidence that you find.

What I am grateful for (heartbroken and stunned too) is the deep understanding of how crimes really affect people... truly. Day.after.day.year.after.year!

I am a deep thinker (at least I like to consider myself one), I can easily ascertain the immediate impact that a crime or tragedy has on the family and loved ones of a victim. I cannot however immediately understand the ripple effect it has... the long term.

It is shocking to realize that these siblings marriages and families have been destroyed by the likes of JA- not just the loss and destruction of their relationship with their murdered brother. I am so, so sorry for that.

I really hope they can manage to piece their lives back together and not allow JA to victimize them- personally... peripherally- anymore.

Not one more day, not one more minute. She has taken too much as it is.

@TrialDiariesJ: We are still waiting #jodiarias #3tvarias

Frigga,
I think JA enjoys seeing the results of actions. I think she not only wants to destroy Travis, but anyone who loved him. All part of her scorched earth belief..if I cannot have him..no one can. "I'll show you; all of you"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does Jodi do her allocation/lies/cries for pity so her family won't hurt anymore, now

Having the trial end, regardless of sentence, will have to make a huge difference. Which is why the delay tactics of the DT all along have been so cruel.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 16s 16 seconds ago

Extended sidebar in full effect. Still waiting .#JodiArias

@ericksonvision: aaaaaaannnnnnndddddddd... sidebar over. #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now 4 seconds ago

Nurmi is standing and looking down at his mobile device.

#JodiArias still seated with Willmott on the side.

He has twitter and is reading what we are reading.

It seems like this is moving much faster than last trial. Just exactly where are we so far? Is the defense up now for ? I thought they said the trial would last until December.

@ericksonvision: Hasta last vista Judge Stephens. She just split. #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 16s 16 seconds ago

Extended sidebar in full effect. Still waiting .#JodiArias

It's just Nurmi, putting as much time and emotional distance as he can after the VI statements.

You don't think, that, Nurmi is trying to end today with the impact statements and then start fresh on Monday do you? Not to follow up after the impactful statements from the family?

If this "old man" is really that elderly, I doubt he would be a Bishop in the LDS church. There are so many things they have to do and Bishops are usually a little younger and healthy to take on the many tasks expected of them in that capacity. An active Mormon will often dedicate many hours to church work during their week, if they have taken on an additional "calling" or role there are multiple more tasks that will be required. (based upon my experience and personal knowledge only)

I hope a LDS bishop would not be testifying for the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper