Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here goes my lack of legal knowledge again, but doesnt this set a very serious and terrible precendent that ALL future witnesses in ANY future trial can begin to ask for the same benefit. ?

This is outrageous and forget about appeals from JA, this decision may bring an appeal from the highest court in the land, the Supreme Court.

:seeya: Hi Hatfield ! Great point !!!

There is no way it is a kid, or someone who was a kid at the time. It doesn't make any sense, that excuse.

Exactly - this was also my first thought. If any information gets out the jury members will be suspect.

I don't think it's her. I agee with HarvesMoon. Death threats wouldn't be an issue in her case. It's probably one of her "experts" that doesn't want to get a bunch of negative reviews on amazon.com and have his or her career affected by this trial.

Personally, if I was called to testify in this trial, I would not want my name disclosed or my testimony disclosed because you fabulous sleuthers would figure out who I was. ;) I would be very afraid for my family because there are lunatics out there who would threaten us. Just the world we live in IMO. I can't blame this person at all. Sucks for us though.

So, I take it there will be no footage of this witness, no audio, no nothing. Hopefully transcripts of this witness will be available and not under seal. Yeah right.

I think the solution to that would be to clear the public, allow the media to stay in overflow room, disallow live tweeting and warn them to not reveal the person's name. They keep this person under seal in the courts and we'd never know who he/she was and we could still know what's happening and what's being testified to.

But I don't think the judge really had a choice. If this is what the witness said and Jodi needs them for their defense then she must acquiesce. Hopefully this is the only witness who pulls this.

We have the transcript on this thread where Jodi tells some reporter about Nurmi saying there were no mitigating factors. She mentioned there was no molestation plus several other things. She said they used to joke that her mother hadn't hit her hard enough.

@monicalindstrom: The #JodiArias court just decided a defendant’s right to a fair trial trumps the public’s right to an open courtroom and to know

So if it is the murderer, or whomever it is, does JM get chance at him/her?

Or papabear is driving the bus to run himself over?

Isn't he in ill health?

I know Jodi said he has dialysis, and that he keeps an gun with an legal a silencer on it. So, if Bill is on his way out of this world he can say what he wants, and they don't want Sandy to react?

If it isn't Arias herself, the Bishop is my next guess.

I don't trust the bishop either. Talking to Jodi about Travis lovelife (telling her that Mimi had essentialu turned him down). But why would the Arias family have to leave if it was him?

I think the solution to that would be to clear the public, allow the media to stay in overflow room, disallow live tweeting and warn them to not reveal the person's name. They keep this person under seal in the courts and we'd never know who he/she was and we could still know what's happening and what's being testified to. The judge's reaction is over the top.

Exactly.

Is it safe to assume HLN, CNN, et al had advance warning of this tactic and that is why they got out of town?

I am berating myself for getting involved with this circus yet again. But it was either this or the laundry...

Well THAT is interesting. (the quote saying Travis' family could stay, Arias family had to leave - sorry forgot to hit quote button)

That makes me think it is Jodi who is testifying, especially since it's been reported she put her blazer on. They wouldn't kick out her family for Aunt Sue, ALV, or an expert witness.

Possible since she was with her mom during break. I can't believe it though. Juan has to know about this doesn't he?

She may have already talked to her mom about making the abuse more serious than originally testified to. If JM goes after her changing story, if it happens, all she has to say is she didn't want to testify in front of her family like originally, that's why she had them removed now so that she can tell all.

Just speculation, of course.
fran

I really don't think the Judge would have allowed this if it's just Jodi testifying. No way. She's a convicted murderer, she's locked up out of harm's way, she's already shown herself to be completely shameless and if she said she refuses to testify in her own defence unless the place is cleared, the judge would just say fine, don't testify then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyme.as1