Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that this witness will be there to support the Travis pedophile lie? Nurmi was really really focused on TA supposedly watching a video of a 12 year old. Would such testimony be allowed?

Did you see my answer a page or two back? Basically there's just no argument that could be made for closing the court for JA.

Yes I did. Was explaining something else and referring back to my original question to you.

Could it be:

the father testifying to abusing Jodi as a child? At this point, I'm sure he'll do anything to save his daughter's life

an old friend of Arias who claims to have seen the abuse/pedophilia?

Alyce LaViolette? Too 'scared' to testify in open court again?

My answers would be no, no and no. Unless possibly it were someone testifying to viewing pedophilia behavior by Travis and revealing the name of the witness would necessarily lead to exposure of the likely identity of the alleged child victim.

A little late in reading, but had a couple of questions??

AZLawyer - will ALL stuff that the judge has sealed be released to the public AFTER the verdict?? TIA!! :wave:

:juanettes: :juanettes:

Probably not until after at least the primary appeal. Unless the AZ Court of Appeals says something in response to the media's special action on this ruling that makes JSS reconsider her prior rulings.

But as someone mentioned earlier, even a distraught father couldn't stop the public from watching a video of a murderer torturing his son both physically and sexually. And THAT was a boy under 10 years old.

Well, they would have to have asked JSS for a stay first, and I don't know if that happened BECAUSE OF ALL THE DAMN SECRECY.

Someone (parent) could have made the demand on behalf of a child.

Intermission Pause: What on Earth would we do on this board without AZLawyer?

Blessed and lucky.

Carry on.

Call me cynical but I do believe that the entire family is in on this line of defense. I think the parents are well aware of the strategies (kind of abuse etc.). This is all an act. I think Nurmi has been coached by Baez. Once this trial is over all the family members will come together and sing Kumbaya, abuse allegations be d$amned.
It worked for Casey Anthony..

Whoever the mystery witness is, s/he doesn't appear to be very dedicated to helping save CMJA....won't even speak for her in public.

To those who think it might be a child, what child could it be? And wouldn't a child's parent be allowed to stay in court with him?

But as someone mentioned earlier, even a distraught father couldn't stop the public from watching a video of a murderer torturing his son both physically and sexually. And THAT was a boy under 10 years old.

Utter and complete heartbreak.

AZL - you mentioned that it wasn't JA testifying in secrecy and gave reasons for that. You also stated it is not an expert - can you give more info?

Experts take money in exchange for testifying. If they don't want to be exposed to public hatred, they don't have to take the money. There's no reason to balance their desire to take the money against the US Constitution.

Does anyone think that this witness will be there to support the Travis pedophile lie? Nurmi was really really focused on TA supposedly watching a video of a 12 year old. Would such testimony be allowed?

Yes, there would be no basis to disallow it. But again, unless the identity of the 12-year-old would somehow be revealed by giving the name of this witness, it doesn't make sense to me.

Right, but he couldn't be hurt any more. :(

My answers would be no, no and no. Unless possibly it were someone testifying to viewing pedophilia behavior by Travis and revealing the name of the witness would necessarily lead to exposure of the likely identity of the alleged child victim.

Probably not until after at least the primary appeal. Unless the AZ Court of Appeals says something in response to the media's special action on this ruling that makes JSS reconsider her prior rulings.

Thank you, AZlawyer. Even if we spend every other post 'thanking' you it still would not be enough. :tyou:

I'll include the "sarcasm" tags next time. :)

For what it's worth, I'm thinking either the Aunt (who is really, really...not nice) or some Jodi-recruit ready to commit perjury with an outlandish story. I've always felt like Jodi's parents didn't believe her lies, and I felt for Mom and Dad. But that Aunt...just WOW.

I'm way behind. What's the deal with the aunt? Thanks.

Intermission Pause: What on Earth would we do on this board without AZLawyer?

Blessed and lucky.

Carry on.

KCL, I miss you. :) Wine meeting after the verdict?

ETA: Or before. Or both. Whenever lol.

Oh dude. So is this a testimony or a speech? Like will Juan be able to question them? And what if it's a ninja, skateboarding Mormon Starbucks barista with a part time job at Wal Mart in cosmetology school?

No....

It's got to be the Aunt or Dad.

Btw Happy Birthday KCL!

So, AZL...do you think its Auntie Sue? Would a relative of the murderer be afforded such latitude?

Let's remember she was the one who miraculously "discovered" the magical Heliophone in the truck!

So there is going to be a witness but we dont't know who yet?

If we find out that the mystery witness is a Ninja with a skateboard, I'm hanging it up, never to follow another trial. :gaah:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Too funny !

Oh wait -- maybe it was the Ninja who turned the license plate upside down on CMJA's car !

:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member