Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little late in reading, but had a couple of questions??

Personally, if I was called to testify in this trial, I would not want my name disclosed or my testimony disclosed because you fabulous sleuthers would figure out who I was. ;) I would be very afraid for my family because there are lunatics out there who would threaten us. Just the world we live in IMO. I can't blame this person at all. Sucks for us though.

So, I take it there will be no footage of this witness, no audio, no nothing. Hopefully transcripts of this witness will be available and not under seal. Yeah right.

AZLawyer - will ALL stuff that the judge has sealed be released to the public AFTER the verdict?? TIA!! :wave:

The only comfort I can find at the moment is knowing that JUAN knows who this witness is... Juan knows what they are going to testify to... and Juan will not let Travis or his loved ones down.

Let us all say a collective prayer- for Juan!

Justice for Travis!

:juanettes: :juanettes:

I wonder if this witness will miraculously show up on some Michael Kiefer inspired "testify by media" stunt like he did with Daryl Brewer in the sentencing phase last time.

Kiefer is so biased, I pretty much ignore anything he has to say or tweet!

Call me cynical but I do believe that the entire family is in on this line of defense. I think the parents are well aware of the strategies (kind of abuse etc.). This is all an act. I think Nurmi has been coached by Baez. Once this trial is over all the family members will come together and sing Kumbaya, abuse allegations be d$amned.
And I totally agree with you, lol. They are fighting for her sorry life and of course they know what he is going to come up with. Nurmi had them removed from the courtroom for theatrics to make the jury think that they are in the dark.

I can't control the tone of the written word, but please know that I'm not being snarky...Why should she be afraid of testifying in front of her family-if she doesn't get the death penalty, she's going to jail for life, and has nothing to fear from them, besides contempt (which, after killing a guy, her family should have in abundance for her-look at what she's already done to the family's reputation)

No snarky taken. ;). I was referring to theatrics, not reality.

The illusion and drama of a poor little mentally ill and abused girl whispering terrible family secrets on the stand.

But....no such subtlety, if AZL is correct, which I'd bet on . :)

Happy Birthday KCL!!!!:cupcake::cheer::party::cake4u::bdsong::confetti::balloons:

My thoughts, in order:

1. HOLY *advertiser censored**

2. I am sick and tired of Maricopa County judges ignoring the right of the free press and the public to attend trials. I have argued these things myself, and they are oblivious.

3. I am proud of Chris Moeser (associate of David Bodney) for running down there--no doubt because David B couldn't--and taking a stand for the media. He has only been practicing about 10 years but I hear good things about him.

4.The witness is not JA.

5. The witness is not an expert.

6. It could be someone outside the court's jurisdiction who therefore can't be subpoenaed but agreed to testify IF [list of demands] and because this is a DP case the judge OK'd the demands. BUT then I immediately thought...if the witness is here now, he/she is subject to the court's jurisdiction right now and Nurmi could whip up a subpoena on a legal pad and serve it this second. And that's what I'd suggest if I were the judge. And then suppressing the witness's identity doesn't make sense...

7. The witness might be a child testifying about something super-horrible. :thinking: Now that would make sense. But I can't imagine any such witness exists.

:tyou::tyou::tyou: AZLawyer for putting today's "shenanigans" into an understandable perspective !

:seeya: I am going with Door #1 above :) LOL !

Again, Thank You !

Could it be:

the father testifying to abusing Jodi as a child? At this point, I'm sure he'll do anything to save his daughter's life

an old friend of Arias who claims to have seen the abuse/pedophilia?

Alyce LaViolette? Too 'scared' to testify in open court again?

It sure raised a flag to me about ALV. She loves to control the courtroom. I remember it well...asking for a potty break 5 min before afternoon break then intead of hightailing it to the restroom to relieve herself she slowtails it directly to Samantha to accost her in the courtroom. Right in front of my face. I despise that &%%(&^%.

Could it be:

the father testifying to abusing Jodi as a child? At this point, I'm sure he'll do anything to save his daughter's life

an old friend of Arias who claims to have seen the abuse/pedophilia?

Alyce LaViolette? Too 'scared' to testify in open court again?

He didn't seem to care anything about saving her life before....

If we find out that the mystery witness is a Ninja with a skateboard, I'm hanging it up, never to follow another trial. :gaah:

It's been said that this is a "witness" in the defense case. If JA is testifying on the stand, that would open her up to Juan's cross. We all know how that went last time! While she thought she got the better of him, we all know better! He brought out every bit of nasty in her.

Nope, she might allocate at the end, but IMHO, she's not on the stand right now.

AZL - you mentioned that it wasn't JA testifying in secrecy and gave reasons for that. You also stated it is not an expert - can you give more info?

Happy Birthday Katiecoolady!
:cupcake::Happybirthday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members