Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least w/ the victim's bill of rights they get to remain in the courtroom.

Isnt it sad that it took a victims bill of rights for the right thing to be done though? I thought I was mad before. These trials suck the life right out of you.

Hi AZ, how long will this appeal and a decision take?

It will be a special action and could be done within days.

AZL...any thoughts why Nurmi would want her family out of the room??

I suspect he just asked for the "public" and media to be cleared, and the Arias family is just part of the "public" as far as the court's concerned.

So AZ, what are your thoughts? You think Arizona lawyers will all be getting in line now to close the courts to the public?

Just the ones who already do that. Decisions made by one Superior Court judge are not binding on or even noticed by the others.

I think too much emphasis is being placed on her putting on a blazer, maybe because we all remember from before. She could have put it in to look smarter or not insane or more respectable.... any number of reasons.

As to why family kicked out. Still trying to wrap my brain around that one. ;)

My guess is she is racheting up to throw someone (probably father) under the ole bus.

Remember how Juan was supposed to fly to CA to interview some defense witness? Weren't there rumors the person lied in Australia? If so, could this be the sort of situation AZL described, i.e. where the Court cannot compel them to testify?

AZLawyer......If JA tries to claim that her father sexually abused her, can Juan bring in her testimony from the trial to impeach her?

Well, I'm more than willing to wait and see, but I don't understand how people can be asked to testify against John Gotti or some MS-13 gang member in open court, but not a witness for Jodi.

Could be the murderer ja is hated more.

Especially the way they trotted this circus out right after Tanisha and Steven's statements. Try and tell me that wasn't planned to lessen the impact on the jury from the two VIS. I was just reading the tweets, and I started tearing up all over again. :(

I was out celebrating my birthday so haven't read them yet...but my heart is definitely with them today. it's hard and it's cathartic at the same time..this I know. I'm sure Nurmi wants to lessen the blow..good luck with that.

Isnt it sad that it took a victims bill of rights for the right thing to be done though? I thought I was mad before. These trials suck the life right out of you.

Yes it is...which is why i'm using this moment to shout certain things to the rooftop. The DP has just elevated these worst of the worst criminals like little puffballs needing all this special treatment. A pink little powderpuff who must be so delicately managed who strategized to stab a man 29 times, slit his throat and shoot him in the face.

GET REAL!!!! I MEAN!!!!

Remember how Juan was supposed to fly to CA to interview some defense witness? Weren't there rumors the person lied in Australia? If so, could this be the sort of situation AZL described, i.e. where the Court cannot compel them to testify?

Yes, but again, if they're there now, I think they're subject to the court's jurisdiction just by virtue of having shown up there in person.

AZLawyer......If JA tries to claim that her father sexually abused her, can Juan bring in her testimony from the trial to impeach her?

Did she say at the first trial that he did NOT sexually abuse her? If so, yes.

Call me cynical but I do believe that the entire family is in on this line of defense. I think the parents are well aware of the strategies (kind of abuse etc.). This is all an act. I think Nurmi has been coached by Baez. Once this trial is over all the family members will come together and sing Kumbaya, abuse allegations be d$amned.

:seeya: NOT cynical at all, rose ! I totally agree !

Hmmm ... MAYBE -- MAYBE Nurmi is going to use something along the lines of Baez's "Opening Statement" from the CA trial ?

:gaah:

JMO but I believe that CA's family was totally and completely involved in JB and CA's "scheme" that she was molested by GA ...

And this could be what CMJA and the DT are going to use because they are DESPERATE !

:moo:

I was out celebrating my birthday so haven't read them yet...but my heart is definitely with them today. it's hard and it's cathartic at the same time..this I know. I'm sure Nurmi wants to lessen the blow..good luck with that.

Happy Birthday! :cheers:

This is quite disturbing to me. The People of Arizona should be outraged - public trials are big, constitutional deal in this democracy. AZLawyer, could there be an immediate stay?

Arias judge bars public from witness' testimony 1 hour ago
http://news.yahoo.com/victim-family-members-speak-jodi-arias-trial-174556206.html

"Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens said Thursday that the witness will not testify unless the hearing was closed to the public."

"This was not an easy decision," said Stephens, who declined to reveal the witness' identity.

and

"Chris Moeser, an attorney for The Arizona Republic, argued that the First Amendment allows reporters to attend the hearing and unsuccessfully requested that a transcript of the witness' testimony be made available promptly."

IIRC, sexual abuse by her father wasn't brought up at all.

BTW, neither was the new allegation that her father choked her until she passed out.

Happy Birthday KCL :Happybirthday:

thank you! It was a week early so I'm starting early but it was pure awesome. Even Frigga got in on the action from California. I'm a lucky gal.

In other news, I just want to say this and fwiw it's what I believe. As much as there are these dark players in this ordeal and foggy shenanigans at play by a sociopath and those who get in the pig slop with her, I do believe in a higher order at work as well. I do think something is operating here beyond that cesspool of a courtroom that will bring justice in it's own way, in it's own time. That Jodi Arias WILL be handed a sentence commensurate to her crime(s) and justice for Travis will be served. This is the belief I attach my balloon to in moment such as this. And I rest in it.

Carry on.

AZL- why do you think its not CMJA testifying?

Because that would be an easy decision for the judge. She would have just looked at Nurmi with that "are you from the Moon?" look she gives when she doesn't understand what one of the lawyers is getting at, and it would have been over in 5 seconds.

This is quite disturbing to me. The People of Arizona should be outraged - public trials are big, constitutional deal in this democracy. AZLawyer, could there be an immediate stay?

Apparently not, because the witness is testifying right now, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ