Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it *is* Jodi, and she realized that she's doomed (with a capital DOOM), so she wants to 'fess up to her prior lies and beg the jury for mercy. Just not in front of anyone. Including her family.

:)

Has Hell frozen over and no one told us? Because that's the ONLY way that JA would "'fess up to her prior lies and beg the jury for mercy".

MOO

No way this can withstand an appeal. No way. People have had to testify against mobsters in open court.

Yy
Call me cynical but I do believe that the entire family is in on this line of defense. I think the parents are well aware of the strategies (kind of abuse etc.). This is all an act. I think Nurmi has been coached by Baez. Once this trial is over all the family members will come together and sing Kumbaya, abuse allegations be d$amned.

I agree....just the the Florida trial....all over again....

Has Hell frozen over and no one told us? Because that's the ONLY way that JA would "'fess up to her prior lies and beg the jury for mercy".

MOO

I'll include the "sarcasm" tags next time. :)

For what it's worth, I'm thinking either the Aunt (who is really, really...not nice) or some Jodi-recruit ready to commit perjury with an outlandish story. I've always felt like Jodi's parents didn't believe her lies, and I felt for Mom and Dad. But that Aunt...just WOW.

Maybe it *is* Jodi, and she realized that she's doomed (with a capital DOOM), so she wants to 'fess up to her prior lies and beg the jury for mercy. Just not in front of anyone. Including her family.

:)

The devil will need a pair of ice skates before that will ever happen. That woman will go to her grave blaming it all on Travis.

No way this can withstand an appeal. No way. People have had to testify against mobsters in open court.

If the media appeals, let's just see if the defense asks to file their response under seal and what reasons they offer. If the AZ court of appeals allows this secrecy to continue, I will have to conclude that there is some very good and serious reason for it, because those judges are pretty awesome.

So after this we have no way of knowing how the trial is going. Since we missed testimony and don't know how the jury reacted to it.

I believe the motion was granted for Dr. Karp to testify under pseudonym and that was a while ago. After her seeing Samuels and ALV get excoriated, maybe it is she since she wanted to testify under a false name.

Wow...just came home from a few mimosas and trying to catch up. My heart is just going out to the Alexanders today. I know that was hard and I also know it was necessary and cathartic. That to me is the biggest deal of today.

If the media appeals, let's just see if the defense asks to file their response under seal and what reasons they offer. If the AZ court of appeals allows this secrecy to continue, I will have to conclude that there is some very good and serious reason for it, because those judges are pretty awesome.

Hi AZ, how long will this appeal and a decision take?

Wow...just came home from a few mimosas and trying to catch up. My heart is just going out to the Alexanders today. I know that was hard and I also know it was necessary and cathartic. That to me is the biggest deal of today.

It was....until Nurmi upstaged it all with this court secrecy. Biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard of. I feel so sorry for the Alexander's!

AZL...any thoughts why Nurmi would want her family out of the room??

Call me cynical but I do believe that the entire family is in on this line of defense. I think the parents are well aware of the strategies (kind of abuse etc.). This is all an act. I think Nurmi has been coached by Baez. Once this trial is over all the family members will come together and sing Kumbaya, abuse allegations be d$amned.

I'm with you Rose...if she's going to fly all this abuse from her parents, it kind of serves her that they aren't sitting right there looking like normal people, oddly smiling. I find all of this strategic..and gross.

So AZ, what are your thoughts? You think Arizona lawyers will all be getting in line now to close the courts to the public?

I'm with you Rose...if she's going to fly all this abuse from her parents, it kind of serves her that they aren't sitting right there looking like normal people, oddly smiling. I find all of this strategic..and gross.

Like Casey Anthony, Jose Baez and the Pinellas 12? Of course, this time we have the judge in on it too.

Especially the way they trotted this circus out right after Tanisha and Steven's statements. Try and tell me that wasn't planned to lessen the impact on the jury from the two VIS. I was just reading the tweets, and I started tearing up all over again. :(

Well, I'm more than willing to wait and see, but I don't understand how people can be asked to testify against John Gotti or some MS-13 gang member in open court, but not a witness for Jodi.

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer

Alexander's family is still court;

Arias' family was ejected. Ironically, the motion came from Nurmi. #JodiArias

Well, then it may be someone from or close to Arias' family? Don't even want them too find out who they are? Maybe going t testify to familial abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie