Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 1h 1 hour ago

IMO: Some deal had to have been struck with this witness to keep ID hidden to testify for #JodiArias. Unusual here in AZ

What kind of deal, other than to clear the courtroom?

What troubles me about the media being kicked out is they were told the witness refuses to testify unless the court room is closed. JSS didn't specify that I have heard that the witness testimony was sensitive in nature or why the witness felt the need for a closed court room.

I don't know maybe JSS doesn't have to give an explanation other than this is a DP case, which if that is her reason why wasn't the court room closed in the guilt phase?

This convicted murderer has earned the right to be on DEATH ROW that is where she belongs, she wants to be secret well in isolation she can can have she wants.

I think DT "ejecting" Arias family and friends is setting the stage that if this person's identity gets out it will be the fault of the Alexander family and hence grounds for mistrial. Slimiest DT I have ever seen.

I think DT "ejecting" Arias family and friends is setting the stage that if this person's identity gets out it will be the fault of the Alexander family and hence grounds for mistrial. Slimiest DT I have ever seen.

Again guys, JA didn't specifically kick her family out. Her family is part of the general public which is why they had to leave, like everyone else.

I think Arias' family are considered 'onlookers' like the rest of the trial attendees. They are not related to a victim and have no special rights in that regard. MOO

I lost many of my old post after the crash of May 2013. but I can still find them by the you've subscribed to this thread.

From Troy Hayden:

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 3h 3 hours ago

IMO, media coverage had impact on last #JodiArias trial, but now judge is going too far to try to control that coverage.

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 2h 2 hours ago

I don't believe this next witness is #JodiArias. She and her team have been protecting the ID of a mystery mitigation witness for months.

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 1h 1 hour ago

IMO: Some deal had to have been struck with this witness to keep ID hidden to testify for #JodiArias. Unusual here in AZ

https://twitter.com/troyhaydenfox10

Thanks for the tweets, DGC. Will we have no other testimony today? I can't believe we've been reduced to this...to being in the dark. The KC trial was almost normal compared to this. I hate this! I hate JA. I didn't think it was possible to feel such anger towards an individual I've never even met but I do. God help me, I do.

I wonder when the murderer will allow court to end for the day? It's 3 now.

I can't remember the deal with Aunt Sue. Can I have a memory refresher, pretty please?

Sixth Amendment

The Sixth Amendment guarantees the rights of criminal defendants, including the right to a public trial without unnecessary delay, the right to a lawyer, the right to an impartial jury, and the right to know who your accusers are and the nature of the charges and evidence against you. It has been most visibly tested in a series of cases involving terrorism, but much more often figures in cases that involve (for example) jury selection or the protection of witnesses, including victims of sex crimes as well as witnesses in need of protection from retaliation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

More here:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/sixth_amendment

I can't wait to hear AZLawyer chime in, since AZL's main criticism of JSS is her having too many motions etc. under seal.

Again guys, JA didn't specifically kick her family out. Her family is part of the general public which is why they had to leave, like everyone else.
UBM - Well according to a tweet from Michael Keifer, Nurmi filed a motion to do just that.

Sorry, but a few pages back the tweet said Nurmi specifically ASKED that Jodia family have to leave the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d_z