Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Nurmi earlier on telling the judge he'd promised witnesses that they could testify in closed court? His argument then, iirc, was essentially witness intimidation.

That implies other than CMJA.
If it was a kid, they could testify by Skype, no need to close courtroom. I think it's just the kind of manipulation Jodi would pull, especially since she put her blazer on not at a time when they were tweeting how cold it was... And why kick out her family if it was anyone else???

I am (relatively) new to these boards; long-ago member whose posts disappeared after not posting since CA. Can someone please tell me what CMJA means?

Welcome! Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias, just like the abbreviations for Casey Anthony.

I think the defense team is hoping the identity of this witness will be leaked and they will get a mistrial.

It would not surprise me if Nurmi asks for and gets the jury sequestered now with this great secret witness.

It would not surprise me if Nurmi asks for and gets the jury sequestered now with this great secret witness.

Have patience grasshopper, we're underway. Barring a mistrial, it'll all be over in two months...

Oh my goodness. I got a phone call from a friend so spent a few hours away. I come back to this? I hate that the defendant's every whim and fancy is taken care of. Drama and secrecy...JA is loving this. :gaah:

If it was a kid, they could testify by Skype, no need to close courtroom. I think it's just the kind of manipulation Jodi would pull, especially since she put her blazer on not at a time when they were tweeting how cold it was... And why kick out her family if it was anyone else???

I think too much emphasis is being placed on her putting on a blazer, maybe because we all remember from before. She could have put it in to look smarter or not insane or more respectable.... any number of reasons.

As to why family kicked out. Still trying to wrap my brain around that one. ;)

Can Juan show that interview with the reporter about her starring that she had no mitigating circumstances

I hope that he would be able to. He could also get transcripts from the trial that she got hit with a wooden spoon. Big deal. She never said anything about her father chocking her in the first trial, so that is new. I believe Nurmi said that in the opening statements of this phase.
I'll tell you, if this is her smearing her family and Juan gets a hold of her and provides her own statements the jury will end up despising her and just might give her that sentence she doesn't want.

As far a Auntie Sue, I don't know much about her, but what I have seen leads me to believe she would lie for her niece.

The longer and the more crap Jodi pulls is more time for us to de-edify Jodi .

Jodi you're going down..... and not in a good way.

I think too much emphasis is being placed on her putting on a blazer, maybe because we all remember from before. She could have put it in to look smarter or not insane or more respectable.... any number of reasons.

As to why family kicked out. Still trying to wrap my brain around that one. ;)
But the two facts put together says it's Jodi getting up to testify- throw the family under the bus, and doesn't want them present while she's doing it.

Thank you guys, for the info and the welcome!

And we know what great results that had with The Murdering Mother in Orlando.

From Troy Hayden:

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 3h 3 hours ago

IMO, media coverage had impact on last #JodiArias trial, but now judge is going too far to try to control that coverage.

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 2h 2 hours ago

I don't believe this next witness is #JodiArias. She and her team have been protecting the ID of a mystery mitigation witness for months.

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 1h 1 hour ago

IMO: Some deal had to have been struck with this witness to keep ID hidden to testify for #JodiArias. Unusual here in AZ

https://twitter.com/troyhaydenfox10

I am (relatively) new to these boards; long-ago member whose posts disappeared after not posting since CA. Can someone please tell me what CMJA means?

:seeya: Hello and Welcome !

:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members