Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, AZL...do you think its Auntie Sue? Would a relative of the murderer be afforded such latitude?

No. Again, assuming she lives out of state, she could say, I'm not coming in unless [blah blah blah]. But then if she were saying it from California, the judge would say, fine, we can get a subpoena from a Calif. court for you to testify by phone. And if she were saying it from AZ, they could serve the subpoena on her right then IMO. So I just don't think so.

Let's remember she was the one who miraculously "discovered" the magical Heliophone in the truck!

Auntie Sue has been very very very very ..um..actively supportive of her niece. Don't want to run afoul of TOS so will leave it at that.

No. Again, assuming she lives out of state, she could say, I'm not coming in unless [blah blah blah]. But then if she were saying it from California, the judge would say, fine, we can get a subpoena from a Calif. court for you to testify by phone. And if she were saying it from AZ, they could serve the subpoena on her right then IMO. So I just don't think so.

But wouldn't that apply to any witness, out of state or otherwise?

JA's little sister or brother coming forward to testify about Jodi's childhood of:
a) Abuse/Neglect
b) JA's "mental illness"

???

Whoever the mystery witness is, s/he doesn't appear to be very dedicated to helping save CMJA....won't even speak for her in public.

To those who think it might be a child, what child could it be? And wouldn't a child's parent be allowed to stay in court with him?

Wasn't it Darryl brewer who has a son Jodi allegedly helped care for at one point in time? Could it be him if it is indeed a child witness?

I dunno guys...I'm really leaning toward ALV. She really has nothing to lose, her reputation is already shot, she could milk some more $$ from this trial and she did spend hours interviewing/fraternizing/gift giving w/ this murderer. And she seems to have a soft spot for her.

Thoughts?

:tyou::tyou::tyou: AZLawyer for putting today's "shenanigans" into an understandable perspective !

:seeya: I am going with Door #1 above :) LOL !

Again, Thank You !

I hope it's a wide enough door to accommodate the stampede...

Here is a tweet I just found strange:

zeeksmama ‏@zeeksmama 2h2 hours ago Missouri, US

Who the hell is VERNON PARKER?? anyone know? #JodiArias

Possum ‏@Ladypossum 2h2 hours ago

@zeeksmama Parker was the bishop in Travis' ward

But wouldn't that apply to any witness, out of state or otherwise?

Well, for an in-state witness they probably would have already served a subpoena. It's tougher to get one for an out-of-state witness (you have to open a case in the other state), so most of the time you don't bother unless you think the person is likely to bail on you.

I dunno guys...I'm really leaning toward ALV. She really has nothing to lose, her reputation is already shot, she could milk some more $$ from this trial and she did spend hours interviewing/fraternizing/gift giving w/ this murderer. And she seems to have a soft spot for her.

Thoughts?

She was my first thought!

My concern, is the weight the jury will give to this secret witness. To have their testimony be in secret, clear a courtroom, IMO will give more weight to whatever they might spew. They are being given special treatment and this won't go unnoticed by the jury. IMO-they will take their garbage as factual because of the closed door. Even if they don't believe the witness 100%, the preferential treatment they are being shown won't go unnoticed by the jury. These antics, and the judge allowing this, are a huge blow to our justice system. JMO

Thoughts?

I would say no, based on my premise that JSS, although weak on courtroom management, has not just totally lost her mind.

If my premise is wrong, I will buy the wine lol.

JA's little sister or brother coming forward to testify about Jodi's childhood of:
a) Abuse/Neglect
b) JA's "mental illness"

???

Aren't they adults, though? I can't think of any reason to close the courtroom for this.

AZL, since this is supposed to be the start of the mitigating process would the defense be able to subpoena anyone to make them testify on JA's behalf? During the trial itself I could understand it, but during this portion could they?

AZL, since this is supposed to be the start of the mitigating process would the defense be able to subpoena anyone to make them testify on JA's behalf? During the trial itself I could understand it, but during this portion could they?

Yes, they can.

Thoughts?

The one reason I am thinking it is her, or someone like her who was a previous witness, is I don't see how anyone else can claim they are in "fear for their lives" unless they've already received an alleged death threat. Just saying you've heard that witnesses received threats shouldn't be enough to prevent you from testifying.

Thoughts?

This makes sense to me. I don't think it is family. I think it is someone afraid of being identified as supporting her. Someone not family. ALV is so taken with the CM that it sickens me. I can not believe anyone could buy her fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l