Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps driving an ice-cream truck and passing around lollies to kids will be a better career choice for Nurmi. Defense lawyer? Not so much.

Expert witnesses get paid a lot of money for their testimony, Alyce, Samuels chose to testify and chose to support Jodi's defense based on their own "expert" opinions. They were both careless in their assessments and their testimony and both were shown they were biased.. IMO an expert witness has to be very very objective, not show they are favoring a particular outcome, they lost credibility by the time Juan was done with them, as they should have. They clearly would have said anything to support Jodi and, Thanks to Juan, it was very transparent. They damaged their own reputations. I think that is what this is all about. I would not want to offer up to be an expert witness and face Juan after seeing how these two did.

There were other expert witnesses who testified for the defense who didn't get ridiculed and mocked on social media and HLN, iirc. The guy with the milk mustache who testified that the bullet couldn't have gone through TA's brain because of the typo in Dr. Horn's report? I can't remember his name, but he was not on the stand babbling nonsense for days on end and he wasn't evasive and argumentive when Juan Martinez questioned him. So not all expert defense witnesses are in mortal danger from internet people. Just the really, really awful ones.

I haven't read all the posts, so this may have been answered, but I'll ask anyway. Can anyone tell me why KN said "we've already lost two jurors" ?

Because two jurors have already been dismissed.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the judges room right now lol. I always wonder how judges talk to each other whe deliberating. Are they formal with each other or do they start their discussions kind of informal.

Perhaps driving an ice-cream truck and passing around lollies to kids will be a better career choice for Nurmi. Defense lawyer? Not so much.

NO WAY! KN defends murders and child molesters. Makes you question his own morals. I wouldn't want any kid near him.

I'm still sitting here flummoxed and flabbergasted at Nurmi and JSS's reasoning. My head is just.not.wrapping. around this.

I was really really really expecting to hear something great.

Yea, as long as the parents are duly warned who's driving that truck.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the judges room right now lol. I always wonder how judges talk to each other whe deliberating. Are they formal with each other or do they start their discussions kind of informal.

Based on my experience clerking when I was just out of law school, judges' conferences are pretty informal.

Loooooooong time lurker here, and a follower of this case since the beginning. Still working up the courage to jump into the discussion completely, but just wanted to say hello.... :wave:

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

:welcome2: :welcome3: :welcome4:

AZL....what exactly will the AC evaluate in order to reach a decision? For example, do they examine the factual basis for any of N's claims of death threats, etc? Do they need to know which witnesses and to hear their actual requests for closed court?

Or are they dealing in legal abstracts only.. rights vs harm, etc.? As a court are they institionally inclined to side with the presiding judge unless swayed otherwise?

Thanks...

NO WAY! KN defends pedophiles and child molesters. Makes you question his own morals. I wouldn't want my kid near KN.

Not me, even pedophiles and child molesters deserve a fair trial. We cannot have justice, or democracy if the worst of the worst dont receive fair trials and attorneys to defend them. Defense attorneys while the most hated, are some of the most ardent supporters of our constitution, of our society. KN, well I think he just doesnt have the heart for this line of work. He received gastric bypass right after the trial probably because he was being ridiculed for his weight. So we know he takes ridicule to heart.

What is your best "guess" AZL? How do you think things will be ruled?

There were other expert witnesses who testified for the defense who didn't get ridiculed and mocked on social media and HLN, iirc. The guy with the milk mustache who testified that the bullet couldn't have gone through TA's brain because of the typo in Dr. Horn's report? I can't remember his name, but he was not on the stand babbling nonsense for days on end and he wasn't evasive and argumentive when Juan Martinez questioned him. So not all expert defense witnesses are in mortal danger from internet people. Just the really, really awful ones.

Exactly, these two were exposed. They were horrible, argumentative, evasive, and after awhile I don't think they even knew what they were talking about, Alyce displayed such a clear adoration of Jodi -- I would not, and don't, trust one ounce of her testimony. And that was all her -Alyce- fault.
Too late now Alyce.

Based on my experience clerking when I was just out of law school, judges' conferences are pretty informal.
AZlawyer, please help me understand the process. If the judges rule in favor of a stay, when will they hear oral argument to open the courtroom to the public?

Thanks for the welcome, everybody :toast: Greetings from chilly London.

My opinion on this whole closed court nonsense: FREE press, PUBLIC justice, OPEN court. Even more so in a death penalty case. This is dangerous.
If Jodi doesn't want to testify: Diddums. She was quite happy to stick her face (and everything else) in front of every camera available before now.

If Nurmi doesn't want criticism: Diddums. It's your job. You're getting paid for it. Suck it up.

If an expert witness doesn't want to testify: Diddums. You get PAID for expert testimony. It should be open to public scrutiny.

Okay I'm confused about something.

JSS denied the DT of access to the potential jurors and jurors handles. Granted no juror should be tweeting about the case they have been sworn for duty, yet Nurmi is now arguing about the media tweeting and going out and reporting on their tweets or what they heard thru testimony.

I may not have explained that clearly but doesn't that somehow contradict JSS ruling to eliminate the media?

AZL....what exactly will the AC evaluate in order to reach a decision? For example, do they examine the factual basis for any of N's claims of death threats, etc? Do they need to know which witnesses and to hear their actual requests for closed court?

Or are they dealing in legal abstracts only.. rights vs harm, etc.? As a court are they institionally inclined to side with the presiding judge unless swayed otherwise?

Thanks...

And are they likely to rule that the media has to stop tweeting live during the trial?

Thanks for the welcome, everybody :toast: Greetings from chilly London.

My opinion on this whole closed court nonsense: FREE press, PUBLIC justice, OPEN court. Even more so in a death penalty case. This is dangerous.
If Jodi doesn't want to testify: Diddums. She was quite happy to stick her face (and everything else) in front of every camera available before now.

If Nurmi doesn't want criticism: Diddums. It's your job. You're getting paid for it. Suck it up.

If an expert witness doesn't want to testify: Diddums. You get PAID for expert testimony. It should be open to public scrutiny.

I like that word "diddums" Cute, have not heard it before.

The only person Nurmi should be afraid of, is the killer sitting close to him in the courtroom. Based on the motion she wrote asking for him to be removed, she might just strangle him come sentencing time.

Oh yeah, she admitted in writing in the 12-page letter to try and get rid of Nurmi that she was uncontrollable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx