Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she's the equivalent of Bundy, in that sense that Bundy murdered because he just frigging loved murder. But I think Jodi did - and WILL - murder when she thinks it serves her purpose. I absolutely think she will kill again if she thinks she has to. And my blood ran cold when I heard she was hiding a gun in her 'getaway' car. I'm just speculating, but I think Mimi & the Hughes' can consider themselves VERY lucky she was arrested...

Right. Bundy was driven to kill due to a murderous fetish. But Jodi, like most (pretty much all) sociopaths, will not hesitate to kill or destroy if you piss them off enough or get in their way.

Sorry off topic, I edited to say that officials are claiming it is an outright lie, by his wife. Who knows? re the jvds stabbing

I cannot say that I am saddened.

ETD:dammit. For a minute there I thought justice had been served.

Off Topic, just read Joran van der sloot stabbed in Peruvian Prison and is in critical condition.

Sorry, edit to say it is an outright lie by his wife per "officials"

I think she deserves the DP, but I have a feeling after all this she won't. I'm just so anxious that this judge gives her LWP. She'd still be relatively young. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think she will either. And even if she does, she will never see the inside of a chamber. It's the principal. The punishment should fit the crime.

They can ship her to Texas. We'll expedite it.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-row-inmates-state-and-size-death-row-year

Current number of prisoners on death row in CA as of July 2014: 743
Number of prisoners on death row ahead of Scott Peterson (counting men & women) is somewhere in the neighborhood of 640.
No prisoner has been executed in California since January 2006

Relating this back to Arias: no woman has been executed in AZ in over 80 years. 2 women are ahead of Arias and have been on death row for a couple decades. Therefore, in essence, they are spending LWOP in Perryvale prison. The best Arias can possibly hope for is life in prison.

Bullets are cheap.

Thanks for this! Knew it wasn't that long ago- less than 8 years since we've executed someone. It's just that the drug methods keep getting challenged. We need to move to another alternative method. Doesn't need to be humane, these killers aren't humane.

Any tweets from the media at all? (ie: we are all hanging out in the hallway waiting for the court to announce)

Number of prisoners on death row ahead of Scott Peterson (counting men & women) is somewhere in the neighborhood of 640.

Relating this back to Arias: no woman has been executed in AZ in over 80 years. 2 women are ahead of Arias and have been on death row for a couple decades. Therefore, in essence, they are spending LWOP in Perryvale prison. The best Arias can possibly hope for is life in prison.
There was a 3rd, and one of them-Wendy Andriano was put there not long ago by Juan!!!

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will start getting a little more pro active in that department.

AZ, do you see Nurmi, if he loses, going to a higher court? and then on to the supreme court?

I could see him filing a petition for review with the AZ Supreme Court, but it doesn't have to take the case and probably won't.

Its actually 743, but us here in Oklahoma..Only 49. Arizona, 123. Last prisoner was indeed only a few years ago, in 2006 at S.Q

Latest inmate executed in Texas was Tuesday Oct 28, 2014. Six days ago

Not surprised- at all.

I am surprised, however, that it took this long for him to piss off someone worse than himself.

Good riddance... I hope.

You mean it's not just his wife lying??? Could we actually hope?

AZL . . . would love to hear your thoughts on the video from court (understand you are doing conference call stuff) whenever you have an opportunity. Tia!

This is all about the DP for KN and JW. And, I suspect, for JSS. JA is "fighting for her life" and other similar jibber jabber.

BBM: I highly doubt this part is true. SP killed their daughter and her child. Unfortunately, the murderer will always be attached to the victim's memory in some way. And, you better believe they think about him. Probably, not as much as when it first happened. Just ask KCL...this is something that never goes away. It fades, but of course the victim's family still thinks about it in some fashion. Most likely when they are making endless appeals, etc..

According to interviews given by Sharon Rocha and Ron Granski they claim they do not think of the murderer. Now perhaps they are lying but I don't see why they would. There are multiple interviews out there from over the years. One google search will reveal many of them. The murderer will be attached to the public's memory of the case, as happens in all cases. That doesn't mean any particular family member will choose to think about the murderer, wonder what they are doing, wonder how they are feeling, etc. I think with time the memories of the victim are those held most dear and most forward and thoughts about the killer or worrying about what the killer is thinking or feeling will fade away to nothing.

Relating this back to Arias: in time, perhaps it will take a lot of time, the Alexander family will be able to spend their energy on their brother's memory and good deeds and less and less on his killer. In time she will fade to very little mind space for them. It could take decades, or it could be a matter of a few years, it's so variable. She is so not important. Travis is the important one; his memory, his deeds, what he stood for and the positive impact he had on so many...that is what his family, friends and others will remember.

You mean it's not just his wife lying??? Could we actually hope?

Why would his wife say this? Is it just wishful thinking? I don't get it.
Back to JA trial, I say they do not need privacy to testify, it's ridiculous. Afraid for their lives? Jodi ? How could she be afraid? Shes locked up! And she is the murderer? Dont get it at all.

I was just catching up with Beth Karas. Since the judges can rule any way they please, why wouldn't they rule before court started again at 3:15? This appears that they are allowing the closed court to continue until the State is finished with this witness. They might issue a stay knowing full well that Juan has cross examined the witness. I guess the issue is just too darn simple to me. There shouldn't be any closed courtrooms for someone already convicted of murder one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston