Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still watching the video--Nurmi also said there was only one witness governed by this order.

------------------------------

AZlawyer,

I was just thinking, what makes a judge to put a gag order on some cases and not on others?
Isn't it federal court, they don't allow camera's but they do allow illustrators in courts.

A gag order is when people can't talk about the case. There are totally different standards for a gag order than for a closed-courtroom order.

Correct every witness will be secret if the appeals Court lets nurmi get away with this. It's all but guaranteed.

And then I guess Closing Arguments will have to be "secret" ... because how can you make reference to what was presented IF your witnesses' testimony was "behind closed doors" ?

:gaah:

Going to watch hearing now...but ...did Nurmi say that the witness refused to testify if not closed, or that it was his own decision based on the alleged death threats. Of an unknown undisclosed witness.

Still watching the video--Nurmi also said there was only one witness governed by this order.

I thought he fudged on that issue (and now apparently has 4 witnesses lined up ready to go).

Honestly, how do you know that Lacey's family doesn't think of him? I KNOW that I would likely think of the killer of my family member daily. The only relief in my opinion would be their death, and even then I would still think about them.

Speaking As a homicide survivor, one cannot maintain sanity and think of the killer everyday. I don't. I do however, think of my brother everyday and wish he was alive. Giving the murderer more than a second of thought, is a second wasted. However, I have had my moments....

You know this how? You have a list?? California has executed prisoners since the Death Penalty was reinstituted in the 1970's. The leader of the Cripps gang Stanley Took, IIRC was one of the last before the drug methods were questioned. Jerry Brown is very much in favor of the DP, but this is not the thread for this continued discussion.

Its actually 743, but us here in Oklahoma..Only 49. Arizona, 123. Last prisoner was indeed only a few years ago, in 2006 at S.Q

And then I guess Closing Arguments will have to be "secret" ... because how can you make reference to what was presented IF your witnesses' testimony was "behind closed doors" ?

:gaah:

I believe either Nurmi or Juan said it will not affect the closing argument.

Going to watch hearing now...but ...did Nurmi say that the witness refused to testify if not closed, or that it was his own decision based on the alleged death threats. Of an unknown undisclosed witness.

If no one knows who the witness is, how are they getting threats?

Madeline....what makes CMJA stand out is that her crime is ongoing. She's not done. She's made it clear that she exists now for the purpose of destroying TA's family and TA's reputation.

It isn't even TA's slaughter that makes me yearn for the DP. It's that if given LWOP she'll be allowed to keep killing ,using her verbal knives.

Let's not forget both jury's. They will forever be under the threat of Jodi using them and dragging them into court and accusing them of what ever Jodi wants.

On hold for my conf call so still watching--KN seems so much more confident--maybe because of the weight loss?

I tell you - I've been an avid Bundy-phile for many, many years - and I see a lot of similarity here.

DISCLAIMER - I'm NOT claiming Jodi Arias is the equivalent of Ted Bundy (although, in my opinion, if you kill one human you kill them all...), but I'm talking in terms of psychopathic/sociopathic behaviour...

Bundy LOVED to talk. It was his weapon. He was charismatic, engaging. "Talk to them long enough, I will get them on my side". That was his motto. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence - he thought he could talk his way out of it. He ONLY confessed with literally faced with the spectre of the electric chair. THEN he started bargaining. NOT remorse: Bargaining. "Give me more time, I will tell you about more bodies". And he held court in prison until the very end.

I see a lot of similarities between Bundy (a rare stone-cold psychopath) and Arias. NOT in terms of crimes - just to be clear - but in terms of behaviours. Talk talk talk, manipulate, make everyone dance to your tune till the very bitter end. Never relinquish the spotlight. Bloody hell... FINISH HER!!

I believe either Nurmi or Juan said it will not affect the closing argument.

:gaah: More confusing now ... how can it not affect closing arguments -- or -- will they reveal the Mystery Witness[es] in Closing ?

:gaah: More confusing now ... how can it not affect closing arguments -- or -- will they reveal the Mystery Witness[es] in Closing ?

"Witness#7 pointed out that Jodi has xyz illness" IMO thats how they would address the issue in closing arguements.

Oh my WORD!! How weird! I've got the crime channel on background here in the UK - and here she is. Jodi Arias on 'Deadly Sins'....

I tell you - I've been an avid Bundy-phile for many, many years - and I see a lot of similarity here.

DISCLAIMER - I'm NOT claiming Jodi Arias is the equivalent of Ted Bundy (although, in my opinion, if you kill one human you kill them all...), but I'm talking in terms of psychopathic/sociopathic behaviour...

Bundy LOVED to talk. It was his weapon. He was charismatic, engaging. "Talk to them long enough, I will get them on my side". That was his motto. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence - he thought he could talk his way out of it. He ONLY confessed with literally faced with the spectre of the electric chair. THEN he started bargaining. NOT remorse: Bargaining. "Give me more time, I will tell you about more bodies". And he held court in prison until the very end.

I see a lot of similarities between Bundy (a rare stone-cold psychopath) and Arias. NOT in terms of crimes - just to be clear - but in terms of behaviours. Talk talk talk, manipulate, make everyone dance to your tune till the very bitter end. Never relinquish the spotlight. Bloody hell... FINISH HER!!

I believe that Arias IS the equivalent of Ted Bundy. She just never had the time and opportunity to commit more murders. She did have a gun and knives with her post-murder so we know a bloodbath was on her mind.

I thought he fudged on that issue (and now apparently has 4 witnesses lined up ready to go).

I think the "4 witnesses" was a misunderstanding from a tweet that said "4 witnesses" as Twitter shorthand for "for witnesses." :banghead: But the same tweeter WAS definitely saying "more than 1 witness."

Nurmi just wants his foot in the door, if he wins for one witness there will be more no doubt. He is really trying hard to make a name for himself. imo

Here you go - it's on the house - round for everyone! :D

x400_300_YH_Brea_Taps_.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6d7fDk1Uxa.jpg

Thanks mate!! I'll have a John Smith's :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads